Another developer

Maybe i shouldnt put this up but having seen the bathurst 12hr on iracing and not seeing any bugs does anyone think that the iracing developers should take over from codies maybe. Think they could do a really good job.

I still don't understand the "X should have an exclusive license to F1" when why can't we just have multiple companies doing F1 games LIKE WE HAVE NOW. It's Codemasters vs Eden Games (Published by Codemasters) vs Hutch.

F1 is my favorite series to watch however I would like a fully dedicated V8SC's proper hardcore sim. That is my dream. Every Track, Team & Drivers. ACC for V8SC's.

CM has done well with 2018. I wrote them off many times before. I'd wish for a little more hardcore sim options. Doubt that will happen though. 

Edited by Coanda

Maybe.  For a $60 game that's also marketing for a multi-billion sport, this game should be so much better.  It's funny people say F1 2018 is better than previous years because I think 2018 is not that good when compared to other major games.  Repetitive content and a poor multiplayer experience is why I haven't been playing lately.

Edited by WestcliffJo
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, WestcliffJo said:

Repetitive content

Well that's F1 for you. Big teams win, sometimes we get an amazing story we'll remember for the next decade, but otherwise nothing changes until the next season where maybe someone has improved...

On 2/12/2019 at 11:33 PM, UP100 said:

Well that's F1 for you. Big teams win, sometimes we get an amazing story we'll remember for the next decade, but otherwise nothing changes until the next season where maybe someone has improved..

True.  When I said limited content, I actually meant things like the same victory scene over and over.  The same voice lines over and over... I don't care about playing the same tracks or cars.  That's okay.  Jeff bothers me (yes I know I can mute him).... But it's mostly the online experience I didn't enjoy.  I would like to see more of a uniform experience where everyone has to race with the same camera view and assists (none preferably) so that no one figures out a way to get a competitive advantage.

And I hate getting rammed off the road in multiplayer. I know that's the way it is in all racing games, but it's a terrible feeling when it happens.  The most fun games I had were the no assists lobbies with collisions off (takes away the rage and revenge factor) 😛

Multiple developers would be a good solution short term. Then capitalism would determine who ends up with the long term license. Whoever can get more sales out of their version will have a sustainable model, while the alternate is not. People tend to work harder and smarter on quality when they have direct competition. Lack of competition is one of the root causes of poor software. Plus, Liberty Media/FOM doesn’t seem to care enough to hold Codemasters accountable. Wait till CM embarrassed F1 at eSports in a big way. Then they’ll take notice.

4 minutes ago, pijin said:

Multiple developers would be a good solution short term. Then capitalism would determine who ends up with the long term license. Whoever can get more sales out of their version will have a sustainable model, while the alternate is not. People tend to work harder and smarter on quality when they have direct competition. Lack of competition is one of the root causes of poor software. Plus, Liberty Media/FOM doesn’t seem to care enough to hold Codemasters accountable. Wait till CM embarrassed F1 at eSports in a big way. Then they’ll take notice.

There are 3 F1 game developers at this point Codemasters Birmingham, Eden Games and Hutch.

I do like the F1 game, if I didn't then I wouldn't be posting.  The racing is tons of fun.  I just think the game could be better.  I'm not sure what would break the tipping point and make it a super successful game.  🤔  🙂 

• Like 1

I'm interested, do we even know if Codies have an exclusive deal and what does that include considering there are other official F1 titles coming out at least to mobile. I don't know how much these contracts have been shown to public. Maybe it'll change as Codies is now 'public company' or whatever and for example they announced a parthership with a Chinese mobile game company or something through those company statement things.

Explaining things.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:32 PM, blakeymikey said:

Maybe i shouldnt put this up but having seen the bathurst 12hr on iracing and not seeing any bugs does anyone think that the iracing developers should take over from codies maybe. Think they could do a really good job.

I doubt they'd want to, but I'm not sure they'd do that good a job anyway. The online racing might be an improvement, but they have little experience in designing and implementing the offline racing and career mode features that most people spend most of their time playing.

Yes, but none of the current developers are in direct competition to make a full fledged console title.