DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

@mesa What's that spin round the car your video shows before it lines up for the start?

Well, i just used to show my liveries on the cars from left to right even right to left in my videos before some actions ... 😄 Do you think that is unecessary?

Edited by mesa

52 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Um, i don't know how to do that, mine stays static.

Use Keyboard to spin "A" for left, "D" for right.
Also you can use "W" for up and "S" for down the pitch

In Dirt 4 we're able to use direction (D-pad) keys on (Logitech) steeringwheels to do the same  i don't know the reason why we can use only keybord in  Dirt Rally 2.0

Oh Jeez, really? Thanks.

Yeah, there are a few things that can't be done on the dpad now, and i'm thinking it's because menu integration is on the same screen.

1 hour ago, mesa said:

Use Keyboard to spin "A" for left, "D" for right.
Also you can use "W" for up and "S" for down the pitch

In Dirt 4 we're able to use direction (D-pad) keys on (Logitech) steeringwheels to do the same  i don't know the reason why we can use only keybord in  Dirt Rally 2.0

You can also zoom in/out with some keys. Don't recall exactly which ones right now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can zoom in with "E" and zoom out with "Q", I believe.

Edited by Pistro
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi, tell me which files are the characteristics of the tires?

I want to try to reduce the coupling properties as it was in the modification RFPE.

bit of a random question, given that most people are playing DR2.0 :

will using the nefs editing method for installing liveries make your online stuff go bad in Dirt 4? what about career mode?

I'm playing it again and found this Evo X livery I want, but don't know if I should use it. all the other liveries I've downloaded use the folder method.

showcase.jpg

Yea using nefs edit method in D4 will break stuff. 

You could just extract the pssg from his nefs file using nefseditor and then use the folder method tho

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ianism said:

bit of a random question, given that most people are playing DR2.0 :

will using the nefs editing method for installing liveries make your online stuff go bad in Dirt 4? what about career mode?

I'm playing it again and found this Evo X livery I want, but don't know if I should use it. all the other liveries I've downloaded use the folder method.

You don't need to use Nefs editor. Same method used as in Dirt 4, just make a sub-folder and put .pssg files there

Dirt Rally 2.0 custom livery user Guide

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mesa said:

You don't need to use Nefs editor. Same method used as in Dirt 4, just make a sub-folder and put .pssg files there

Dirt Rally 2.0 custom livery user Guide

yes, I know, but the one I downloaded just comes with the nefs file and that's it. replacing the original nefs for that car works, at least.

EDIT: but it doesn't save your progress... which I discovered only after playing 5 hours 😰

Edited by ianism

yeah thanks, I figured it out. finally remembered there was a nefs editor and extracted the files with that, but not before losing like 5 hours of progress in modes I don't like - landrush and rallycross are super boring for the first few championships. 

stupid.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, SimVansevenant said:

Citroën C4 WRC:

Swaanen%20C4%20WRC_zpsbqfpetsx.jpg

Ford Focus WRC (late 2000's):

Swaanen%20Focus%20WRC_zps4mugse5q.jpg

Subaru Impreza S14 WRC:

Swaanen%20S14%20WRC_zpsfldejlqz.jpg

In that case i would love to see a "Jeroen Swaanen" Package , i really love his cool liveries. For the Citroen C4 WRC, Focus WRC and Subaru S14 WRC ( even in green)

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately we currently can't use community liveries for DLC cars. We can't unpack the .nefs, and it also appears the folder method doesn't work for DLC cars either, using DiRT 4 models (until we get confirmation otherwise). This rules out the whole 2000cc class 😢

We can replace the whole .nefs with a D4 model but that breaks the game. Hoping we get some support from CM here.

Edited by pigloaf
  • Agree 5

Right you are mate, would be great to get the nefs for the DLC cars...

All those that are in favour of liberating those DLC cars' nefs files, I would like to refer to the following thread:

Give the thread five stars and comment on supporting it.

We as modders would really appreciate it. 

• Like 3

Many thanks to all the Moders, you do an incredible job!. It is impressive the life that gives the game your works. Thank you very much and I value a lot (each and every one of the Mod you do) a greeting. 

This Skoda, it seems to me a brutality: D3QJPlqXsAE1bmf.jpg

On 4/30/2019 at 6:21 PM, SimVansevenant said:

All those that are in favour of liberating those DLC cars' nefs files, I would like to refer to the following thread:

Give the thread five stars and comment on supporting it.

We as modders would really appreciate it. 

Done

• Thanks 1

Do you know of any mod, to fix the rear wheels of the C3 R5? (rear wheels), I can't drive it like this...

4 hours ago, Keko55 said:

Do you know of any mod, to fix the rear wheels of the C3 R5? (rear wheels), I can't drive it like this...

That is something modders won't be able to fix I'm afraid. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Keko55 said:

What's wrong with the rear wheels that makes it undrivable?

32 minutes ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

¿Qué hay de malo con las ruedas traseras que lo hacen imposible de conducir?

I mean the annoying visually speaking that I suppose to drive itwith the rear wheels so tucked in... It is not that you can notdrive as such... Sorry about my English. I leave photos of abeautiful mod: nr0pqp.png 25570j4.png 
  • Like 1

Now I understand. There have been a few people who have commented on the wheel base of certain cars, including @mesa