DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sqdstr said:

Well I found this website too but it doesn't tell me what to do with the files etc. What type of file do I have to export the skinned template? What do I with it when exported? I now have the .pssg files extracted but can't open the ,,main_d.tga". What do I have to do to be able to skin it?

Edited by RFSTTS

Posted (edited)

You have to create a folder within the vehicle category of the game, and go introducing the pssg files, creating folders as appropriate... Other times, you extract the folder with Winrar, and release the folder within the aforementioned vehicle category...

cars>Let's believe a folder 555 (example)>Inside let's believe another folder "livery_00"> Inside let's believe another mas "textures_high">and inside and last would be the archive "555_tex_high_00.pssg". 

If you download a livery that comes with a group of folders as well, you just put it inside the folder of vehicles... If the file is "Nefs", you need to convert it to "Pssg", and create the corresponding subfolders... Tool for Nefs files: http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

Edited by Keko55
I'm Spanish, I feel my English.

14 hours ago, Keko55 said:

You have to create a folder within the vehicle category of the game, and go introducing the pssg files, creating folders as appropriate... Other times, you extract the folder with Winrar, and release the folder within the aforementioned vehicle category...

cars>Let's believe a folder 555 (example)>Inside let's believe another folder "livery_00"> Inside let's believe another mas "textures_high">and inside and last would be the archive "555_tex_high_00.pssg". 

If you download a livery that comes with a group of folders as well, you just put it inside the folder of vehicles... If the file is "Nefs", you need to convert it to "Pssg", and create the corresponding subfolders... Tool for Nefs files: http://www.rallygamer.com/dirt4/tools/texture-design-tools.php

Ok but let's say I have a selfmade skin as a png file, do I have to convert it to .dds and replace the e.g 202_main_d.tga file (for Peugeot 208 R2), then copy the 202_main_s.tga and 202_glass_s.tga from the livery_user file into the livery_00 file, into the 202_tex_high_00_pssg_textures? After that I import all textures into the pssg editor again and can place the 202 folder into the cars folder again?

With todays update plain white and black liveries come for most cars. Interesting to know if this gives us more slots to replace them by selfmade liveries....

Can't check until tomorrow evening so I'm very excited who will check first :classic_biggrin:

@RFSTTS You have to use plugins (which can be found on rallygamers website) to save those files correctly. I don't think converting from .png to .dds works fine. I recommend Photoshop for this actions...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LutzM said:

With todays update plain white and black liveries come for most cars. Interesting to know if this gives us more slots to replace them by selfmade liveries....

Can't check until tomorrow evening so I'm very excited who will check first :classic_biggrin:

@RFSTTS You have to use plugins (which can be found on rallygamers website) to save those files correctly. I don't think converting from .png to .dds works fine. I recommend Photoshop for this actions...

They're added to use them as free slots for custom liveries!

Edited by RallyLover19

1 hour ago, RallyLover19 said:

They're added to use them as free slots for custom liveries!

any idea which livery number to use for the folder ?

Posted (edited)

Okay so I guess GIMP 2.0 is not an option for skinning?

Edited by RFSTTS

its easy to see that the new white/black liveries are not swappable, if it shows your name and number, than is not swappable, as i thought it would be

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, UDegani said:

its easy to see that the new white/black liveries are not swappable, if it shows your name and number, than is not swappable, as i thought it would be

damn it.

23 hours ago, UDegani said:

What a shame ...  all B&W liveries are useless.
I think they can't imagine why we needs more slots / liveries for placeholders ...  Someone should tell the developers, that we need more livery_XY instead of  livery_user because sub-folder custom livery method doesn't work in case of livery_user, also we can't swap tyre textures for them etc.

• Agree 4

Im going to be blunt since Codies seems to have lost the will to communicate even vaguely.  I think the team has moved on to F1 and isn’t concerned nor have the time to deal with us.   The team is a skeleton now and is probably undermanned to tackle anything.  Honestly they cannot even bugfix so why would they have time to do this?   

Trust me I’m rather peeved at the whole situation.   Its not the old DR team now 😞

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

I think it's swings and roundabouts, the F1 team is separate, i think we might start seeing more on DR now.  However, i'm thinking we might not have a good solution for DLC cars or the liveries for a little while yet, they're either constrained licensing-wise or just release-date based, hopefully it'll get better through this year as things open up more.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I think it's swings and roundabouts, the F1 team is separate, i think we might start seeing more on DR now.  However, i'm thinking we might not have a good solution for DLC cars or the liveries for a little while yet, they're either constrained licensing-wise or just release-date based, hopefully it'll get better through this year as things open up more.

It would surprise me if some of them are restricted by licensing to be honest. I mean, some really difficult to get cars, licensing-wise, are in the base game and not restricted while all of the cars from the DLC are. That explanation just doesn't make sense. Especially when you take into account that the liveries from some of the cars (Manta, Focus) have always been able to be modded in the past plus other models from the same brand are available to modders. I'm almost 100% sure it's something the devs do on purpose for some inexplicable reason. I would love to know why in order to understand it. 

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, gfRally said:

Im going to be blunt since Codies seems to have lost the will to communicate even vaguely.  I think the team has moved on to F1 and isn’t concerned nor have the time to deal with us.   The team is a skeleton now and is probably undermanned to tackle anything.  Honestly they cannot even bugfix so why would they have time to do this?   

Trust me I’m rather peeved at the whole situation.   Its not the old DR team now 😞

keep in mind that Christina pointed out that the people who were working on the ffb were being prevented from doing other stuff for 2 months.

hopefully things will move faster with other fixes (obviously I don't know what else those individuals do specifically).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

awesome but how do we get them !!

edit :so since i didnt get any answer ,i went for a walk ,stand by the lake ,and starting praying ,and God came and told me :

all you have to do is to press the button,not any button ,but THE BUTTON ,so i run full and happiness and i did 

i found the skins ,thank you community,,,,

Edited by nasoduko
  • Haha 3

yes you have to click on the button DR2 :classic_smile: unfortunately I have plenty of skin to convert from DR1 and D4 to DR2 but I do not have too much time 😥

3 minutes ago, arnorallye84 said:

yes you have to click on the button DR2 :classic_smile: unfortunately I have plenty of skin to convert from DR1 and D4 to DR2 but I do not have too much time 😥

no problem mate ,God will help you also ,

nice ones and the ones you have ,havent tried them until now 

• Like 1

arnorallye84, thank you very much! The Skoda R5, it's impressed. An incredible livery. Thank you!

• Like 1

How to apply more skins on one car?

Directory livery_01 and sr5_tex_gr_high_01.pssg does not work.thank you.