Jump to content

DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Recommended Posts

Looking over all these R5?liveries between ARA and WRC etc.  I have noticed that everyone is using a basic design/pattern, yeah its changed up some, but many of them are just 3 colors.  

 

Now art is completely subjective I understand many probably like them. However as someone that had worked in the automotive wrap industry for many years, there are a lot of templates that are available of which many are similar and follow basic shapes.  I wish more designers thought outside the box with color combinations, patterns, textures, etc just to differentiate themselves.   Ken Block has been somewhat successful in for designs that are rather unconventional.

 

anyhow not a rant, just an observation that I wonder if anyone else picked up on this?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Looking over all these R5?liveries between ARA and WRC etc.  I have noticed that everyone is using a basic design/pattern, yeah its changed up some, but many of them are just 3 colors.  

 

Now art is completely subjective I understand many probably like them. However as someone that had worked in the automotive wrap industry for many years, there are a lot of templates that are available of which many are similar and follow basic shapes.  I wish more designers thought outside the box with color combinations, patterns, textures, etc just to differentiate themselves.   Ken Block has been somewhat successful in for designs that are rather unconventional.

 

anyhow not a rant, just an observation that I wonder if anyone else picked up on this?

You know who created really nice liveries in the past? Not designers but the creative minds of kids! 

Getimage.jpg.64fd87a56325d72ce86720811f2b1ff5.jpgin_a_163_loix_1.thumb.jpg.1ad70736aa2e55cecb77900b6557b4f5.jpgDSC_0506.thumb.JPG.97732ad35d737a487d58bea5d14bb8d3.JPG

And who remembers this one:

kruuda.jpg.caa39c8324d3610324fdec1de8a7ebb3.jpg

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@gfRally A kid's imagination has no limits. Their creations are usually bolder or more impressive because they don't think about what people might like or not. They just go insane and do what they want, no matter how crazy it is. 😛  

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm for some reason I now kind of want the csgo skinning community to hit some of these cars with custom liveries. Some of the designs they put out are wild and aggressive, would look perfect on a few of these cars if you can line up the angles right. The first one from @SimVansevenant gave me immediate Fire Serpent vibes and now I need that wrapped on a Fiesta lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, gfRally said:

Looking over all these R5?liveries between ARA and WRC etc.  I have noticed that everyone is using a basic design/pattern, yeah its changed up some, but many of them are just 3 colors.  

 

Now art is completely subjective I understand many probably like them. However as someone that had worked in the automotive wrap industry for many years, there are a lot of templates that are available of which many are similar and follow basic shapes.  I wish more designers thought outside the box with color combinations, patterns, textures, etc just to differentiate themselves.   Ken Block has been somewhat successful in for designs that are rather unconventional.

 

anyhow not a rant, just an observation that I wonder if anyone else picked up on this?

Simple is better and makes your sponsor logos pop more.

 

Plus think of all the "iconic" schemes through the years, none have been absolute messes that look like someone threw up all over a car.

They're simple and clean.

Edited by mwoodski
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to all the modders,

 

As I am not an expert in modding ( not even close ... ) who can make me a Peugeot 208 R5, Skoda R5 or Polo R5 with Martini livery ? I would be very very apreciated.

Thanks for your suport and skills.

Regards from Portugal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, supanov777 said:

Hello guys, Does anybody know what to do with this file? 

Untitled.png.2f6b6fc3497eafac1a5d10e776b2289e.png

I haven't come across that file before while creating liveries. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made some exposure of the afaik first R-GT Livery for DR2.

If the creator happens to be here too, great work, looks much better than all the Mustang ones ingame.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh i saw that appear on RD, and for some reason, i don't have it.... or do i?  Link?  Nope, i do, i forgot 🙂

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, supanov777 said:

Hello guys, Does anybody know what to do with this file? 

Untitled.png.2f6b6fc3497eafac1a5d10e776b2289e.png

that file is used by the livery_user to mask where the patterns show on the car, patterns used for the pre made liveries in DR2.0 and the branding suite liveries on D4

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UDegani said:

that file is used by the livery_user to mask where the patterns show on the car, patterns used for the pre made liveries in DR2.0 and the branding suite liveries on D4

That's why I haven't come across it. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New DiRT Rally 2.0 livery for the Datsun 240z. The livery is based on the Datsun Baja Z that ran in the Baja 500 in 1973 by Peter Brock.

Car: Datsun 240z
Livery: BRE Racing Datsun Baja Z
Driver:  Peter Brock (AU)
CoDriver: Lee Midgley (GB)
Rally: Baja 500 (1973)
Vehicle Class: RWD H3

Livery can be downloaded here: http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally2/liveries/page1.php

113117570_dr2240zbaja-01.jpg.a1f535061f611606bd2e388ef182dce0.jpg808158045_dr2240zbaja-02.jpg.f2ef8e242846c7252c73f8b40aa2bd0e.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RallyGamer said:

New DiRT Rally 2.0 livery for the Datsun 240z. The livery is based on the Datsun Baja Z that ran in the Baja 500 in 1973 by Peter Brock.

Car: Datsun 240z
Livery: BRE Racing Datsun Baja Z
Driver:  Peter Brock (AU)
CoDriver: Lee Midgley (GB)
Rally: Baja 500 (1973)
Vehicle Class: RWD H3

Livery can be downloaded here: http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally2/liveries/page1.php

113117570_dr2240zbaja-01.jpg.a1f535061f611606bd2e388ef182dce0.jpg808158045_dr2240zbaja-02.jpg.f2ef8e242846c7252c73f8b40aa2bd0e.jpg

Love this design, nice change for the DAT-SUN 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you install a livery and it looks like there is almost no AA in play on the livery itself, edges and texts looks really jagged, what's wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bogani said:

If you install a livery and it looks like there is almost no AA in play on the livery itself, edges and texts looks really jagged, what's wrong? 

most likely, lack of mip maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, just thought I’d drop in a note regarding the DLC car files and the inability to edit liveries.

These cars are encrypted for a number of reasons, the main one being that if left unencrypted, players without the DLC content could freely access them.

 

In order to edit the livery files of these cars and produce livery mods, the car files are required to be unencrypted, however this is not something we are willing to do I’m afraid.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I felt it best we give you a heads up as to why you can’t create livery mods for these cars.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pigloaf said:

Hey folks - I've uploaded the base 2019 JWRC livery, adapted for the Mk7 Fiesta R2: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2019-junior-wrc-livery-template.27294/

The intention is for it to be used to help other modders create other JWRC liveries. Or can just be used in game as is 🤙

 

Great work & great idea, i rated on RD full stars!

It would be great if you program to release full category jWRC/R2 base livery, as well fictional WRC/R5 ones!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney

Hi,

would it be possible for you to include the texture pssg files in the game placed at \DiRT Rally 2.0\cars\XXX\livery_00\textures_high?

The DLC cars will not work with only these files.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be hard driving the Focus 2001 without a Martini livery for sure. If only you guys can find a way to read texture files separately.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I felt it best we give you a heads up as to why you can’t create livery mods for these cars.

Sorry to bring bad news for developers, but the pirated version can already use cars from DLC! But there are no official users yet ((

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×