DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

2 hours ago, MiikaJii said:

Hi,

i've been searching answer how to install these awesome liveries in game, and does it affect to online clubs? Do i get banned immediately?

I found this tool, can i use it with any problems?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1719634575

This tool is awesome and gives you no problems with using liveries online 👍

2 hours ago, lindbergtommie said:

This tool is awesome and gives you no problems with using liveries online 👍

Thank you! i'm really looking forward to search some nice liveries :) Nice car is 90% of my speed and stage times 😄 lol

• Haha 1

Ok. Now i have installed few new skins, awesome job fellas. But one thing, is it possible to see new skin there when you have to select livery which you use. Now im just seeing that original skin and its hard to remember which slot i installed my new skin.

3 hours ago, MiikaJii said:

Ok. Now i have installed few new skins, awesome job fellas. But one thing, is it possible to see new skin there when you have to select livery which you use. Now im just seeing that original skin and its hard to remember which slot i installed my new skin.

No.

On 8/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

Yes I understand how it works. What I said is, that CM could develop the other way to add custom liveries, without affecting original car (encrypted) packages.

I wish the same.
They have to find another way to protect DLC cars.

it is very easy, because DR 2.0 works with internet connection only (need to be online), so they have all the information about the user who already paid for a DLC car or not.

• Agree 1

Some exposure for a great looking Evo X Livery

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, MiikaJii said:

The livery-replacer tells you which slot the new livery is installed to, so if it says slot 1, it‘s livery 1 of x. You can see the numbers ingame for each car, the x is for the total amount of liveries per car.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Hi does anyone know it is possible to convert DR1 Liveries for DR2.0?

Edited by LedzFloyd
  • Like 1

This would be right back: 

Jimmy-McRae-1989-ford-002.jpgsainz-rac-1988-7th.jpg

And putting "Michelin" on the tires would be amazing.

And Monte Carlo’s insert for ds21 would be great:

36488958854_de1e579c9f_z.jpg

• Like 1

I have problem with edited skin of windows. I convert to dds with mipmaps but game crash after import texture . What settings I need to choose. I'm using gimp

IMG_20190826_161226.jpg

IMG_20190826_161218.jpg

IMG_20190826_161211.jpg

IMG_20190826_161204.jpg

On 8/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, Keko55 said:

This would be right back: 

Jimmy-McRae-1989-ford-002.jpg

I did the Audi Sport International Rally for the first DiRT Rally... might update it to DR2.0

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, LedzFloyd said:

Hi does anyone know it is possible to convert DR1 Liveries for DR2.0?

Yes, it is and it shouldn't take too long to do this. What do you have in mind?

It would seem incredible. I do not like to ask or demand anything, since it is a job you do for pleasure. A greeting ;)

11 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Yes, it is and it shouldn't take too long to do this. What do you have in mind?

I just looking for liveries for Alpine A110 on RaceDepartment and not found something what I need but in DR 1 topic have some great liveries like this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/renault-alpine-a110-monte-carlo-1971.11614/ and I thought maybe its possible to convert this livery for DR 2.0?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LedzFloyd said:

I just looking for liveries for Alpine A110 on RaceDepartment and not found something what I need but in DR 1 topic have some great liveries like this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/renault-alpine-a110-monte-carlo-1971.11614/ and I thought maybe its possible to convert this livery for DR 2.0?

That shouldn't be too big of a job. I'll try to remember this and if I have some time to spare in between other designs I might be able to do it. 😉 

If any other designers want to do it earlier, be my guest.

5 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

That shouldn't be too big of a job. I'll try to remember this and if I have some time to spare in between other designs I might be able to do it. 😉 

If any other designers want to do it earlier, be my guest.

Many thanks I'll keep waiting :classic_laugh:

So just a clarification out of curiosity about the DLC cars.

Is it the case that the game just flat-out won't load replacement liveries on them, even if the folder structure and file naming is correct like the other cars.
Or is the issue that, because of the different encryption, we don't have access to the original files and files names in order to modify them?

ie, if for whatever bizarro reason, Codies said "Oh, here's the Livery_** folder numbers, and here's the blank pssg texture files", the game would load them?

3 hours ago, BrySkye said:

So just a clarification out of curiosity about the DLC cars.

Is it the case that the game just flat-out won't load replacement liveries on them, even if the folder structure and file naming is correct like the other cars.
Or is the issue that, because of the different encryption, we don't have access to the original files and files names in order to modify them?

ie, if for whatever bizarro reason, Codies said "Oh, here's the Livery_** folder numbers, and here's the blank pssg texture files", the game would load them?

it wont load custom liveries for DLC cars placed on properly named folders like base cars, that is the may thing i dont get, if this actually worked we could probably make liveries at least for the cars that were in other games like the ford focus 2008, it would take more work but i do believe that it could be done

Ah, so definitely the worse case (and somewhat nonsensical) of the options.
I could understand if we didn't know, for example, what the livery_** folders were without manually going through them from 00 to whatever number, loading up the game each time to find which ones could be modded and no one had really gone to the effort to find out, but to just not let textures load when the alternate encryption is in place seems kind of pointless.
Almost, and I don't like to say it, spiteful.
Because the risk is in the alternative encryption being cracked, not in just letting alternate textures load.

C'est la vie then. Honestly, having not kept up with the game so much, I wouldn't have bought the 01 Focus last night if I'd known there wasn't a chance of getting something a bit more... legit on it. =p
But it does explain why skin modding for DR2 is comparatively inactive in relation to what the original DR was or even D4, despite the re-introduction of the D4 custom texture loading method.
Unfortunately, its kind of only encouraging me to carefully pick and choose which additional DLC I decide to buy going forward, rather than going all-in on the new season pass.
Which is a genuine shame as I'd like to support it.

Though who knows what might be in those special livery packs, which... just so happen to not be available to buy separately... Hmm...

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BrySkye said:

Though who knows what might be in those special livery packs, which... just so happen to not be available to buy separately... Hmm...

some of them are ok, but you're really not missing anything, especially if you're playing on PC and can install modded ones.

14 hours ago, BrySkye said:

Ah, so definitely the worse case (and somewhat nonsensical) of the options.
I could understand if we didn't know, for example, what the livery_** folders were without manually going through them from 00 to whatever number, loading up the game each time to find which ones could be modded and no one had really gone to the effort to find out, but to just not let textures load when the alternate encryption is in place seems kind of pointless.
Almost, and I don't like to say it, spiteful.
Because the risk is in the alternative encryption being cracked, not in just letting alternate textures load.

C'est la vie then. Honestly, having not kept up with the game so much, I wouldn't have bought the 01 Focus last night if I'd known there wasn't a chance of getting something a bit more... legit on it. =p
But it does explain why skin modding for DR2 is comparatively inactive in relation to what the original DR was or even D4, despite the re-introduction of the D4 custom texture loading method.
Unfortunately, its kind of only encouraging me to carefully pick and choose which additional DLC I decide to buy going forward, rather than going all-in on the new season pass.
Which is a genuine shame as I'd like to support it.

Has Anybody tried to mod the Black or White base colours as these have been added to all the cars. Otherwise what's the

point of those plain liverys.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kenny1962 said:

Has Anybody tried to mod the Black or White base colours as these have been added to all the cars. Otherwise what's the

point of those plain liverys.

you can't replaced them with modded ones, no.

some people just like plain liveries I guess? I mean, people were asking for them, but part of the reason why they were doing this was so that they could be extra slots for modded liveries, because most cars in the game just have 1 slot, so to go from one modded livery to another you have to go into the game's files and move folders around. this would have added 2 more for every car in the game, but the hopes came to nothing because you can't use them anyways. 😕 

Edited by ianism

Hey DR2 fans, i really like old school liveries like the Toyota Corolla WRC 2001 Pepsi livery. Because we do not have the Corolla in the game i used 
the Mitsubishi Space Star R5 to put it on. I hope you all like it.

You can download the custom DiRT Rally 2.0 livery here: http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally2/liveries/page1.php

Mitsubishi Space Star - Pepsi - Henrik Lundgaard - Rallye El Corte Ingles 2001

pepsi1.jpg.8b1da2de064a8ded7bdbc9819f64928b.jpg

pepsi2.jpg.1b75dab7933ba8cd7db36408d453835f.jpg

pepsi4.jpg.ac30b7c16eb2d8715815467fcc7d027c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Sorry but how do you Mod ? Where do I download the mods and above all is this going to work for the Oculus users who bought the Oculus version on Oculus Home ?

Please post links to download these mods together with installation instructions. 

Thanks.