DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Posted (edited)

A forgot to share my last two liveries... they are here:

Rothmans_R5T-01.jpg

SzauerG-FabiaR5-00.jpg

Edited by mesa
  • Like 9

Kind of posted this before, but if anyone would like to do 1 or more of the North American Rally car liveries?

[Sorry for the photo dump]

61661942_2714841978532563_2936436373969698816_o.jpg

67093714_10220101108216622_6382086651828502528_o.jpg

68299109_10220201263200434_2936285126696370176_o.jpg

69232800_10220373049134975_1659917315585605632_o.jpg

69787579_10220388856250143_4187758426891223040_o.jpg

69977213_10220389134137090_8896044466033393664_o.jpg

• Like 3

Also, anyone think about adding some kind of pre-rally damage/rust/etc to a any of the lower end cars?  Lots of older Subarus here are pretty banged up with privateers.  

8 hours ago, mesa said:

A olvidé compartir mis dos últimas libreas ... están aquí:

Rothmans_R5T-01.jpg

SzauerG-FabiaR5-00.jpg

What great jobs!! You know a lot. Thank you 😉

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, LedzFloyd said:

I just looking for liveries for Alpine A110 on RaceDepartment and not found something what I need but in DR 1 topic have some great liveries like this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/renault-alpine-a110-monte-carlo-1971.11614/ and I thought maybe its possible to convert this livery for DR 2.0?

Hello !

I am the author of this skin and I work on the adaptation for DR2 of all the skins I made for DR (and some new ones).But I have some problems with specooc files that don’t appear under my Photoshop (I have a big black area instead).

It’s gonna happen, with an new blue, more realistic 😉
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OeildeLynx said:

Hello !

I am the author of this skin and I work on the adaptation for DR2 of all the skins I made for DR (and some new ones).But I have some problems with specooc files that don’t appear under my Photoshop (I have a big black area instead).

It’s gonna happen, with an new blue, more realistic 😉

Great news, I hope everything works out.
Thank you for notice. Good Luck

Il 31/8/2019 alle 13:49, mesa ha detto:

Ho dimenticato di condividere le mie ultime due livree ... sono qui:

Rothmans_R5T-01.jpg

SzauerG-FabiaR5-00.jpg

grazie ...bellissima

Edited by Gielle
  • Like 1

Is there some custom liveries that let your playing name appear ? Some custom skins look fantastic, but I'm not really into driving a car from someone else...

9 minutes ago, toninus said:

Is there some custom liveries that let your playing name appear ? Some custom skins look fantastic, but I'm not really into driving a car from someone else...

Sadly no. The only way to do that is to mod in the name yourself in the modded livery

• Agree 1

Who don't like Rothmans, here's a Marlboro one 😄 - driven by Alain Prost multiple times F1 World Champion at Rally du Var (1982)

Prost-04.jpg
Prost-02.jpg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, nasoduko said:

and where is that skin...

Check my signature.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mesa said:

Check my signature.

Can you stop posting amazing liveries? Who am I kidding, just keep posting these!

Ever thought of porting the Focus 2001 Martini liveries onto the Fiesta R5? Could look interesting.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, mesa said:

Check my signature.

Hey @mesa your liveries are always really nice, but why do you put them only on your site and not on racedepartment lately? I personally only download if its on racedepartment, because I'll get notified if something I've downloaded has been updated. I just don't want to/have time to go around all the different sources and see if it's been updated.

1 hour ago, chukonu said:

Hey @mesa your liveries are always really nice, but why do you put them only on your site and not on racedepartment lately? I personally only download if its on racedepartment, because I'll get notified if something I've downloaded has been updated. I just don't want to/have time to go around all the different sources and see if it's been updated.

or just go on there now and download them 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ianism said:

or just go on there now and download them 😉

im sure someone has brake your heart ...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, chukonu said:

I don't think you need to worry about too many updates from @mesa. He's a very meticulous designer who creates liveries that don't need updates as they are absolutely spot on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I don't think you need to worry about too many updates from @mesa. He's a very meticulous designer who creates liveries that don't need updates as they are absolutely spot on.

Thanks for your kind words, @SRD_SimVansevenant ! ☺️ As you said i'm an accurate man so i can spend a lot of time on research, but i hope the results can satisfy for the longer waiting time 😄
@chukonu I don't like the way how Racedepartment works and their current policy so i decided to never release anything at least for a while.  But you should follow me on FB to be always updated https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks/
Thanks for your interest guys!

I also love all your creations too! Even i have no time on response all, but follows all your jobs. keep up the good works, modder-friends! 🤴

Edited by mesa
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, mesa said:

Thanks for your kind words, @SRD_SimVansevenant ! ☺️ As you said i'm an accurate man so i can spend a lot of time on research, but i hope the results can satisfy for the longer waiting time 😄

I also love all your creations too! Even i have no time on response all, but follows all your jobs. keep up the good works, modder-friends! 🤴

You are welcome. I take that approach as well even though sometimes a little mistake slips through the net but overall they are all completely finished when I release them.

There's a form of comradery amongst fellow livery designers that's nice to see. I follow several others as well to see what they are up to and help new modders out if they have questions. I had a few weeks of holiday this summer which was the time I released quite a few liveries but now that work is in full swing again, and there are some high-level clubs I race in and need to practise for, time is very limited at the moment.

Like @mesa said, keep up the good work everyone! 😄 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I like this thread, it's wholesome ☺️

I desperately need to get into DR2 modding, I made some DR1 skins back in the day!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RallyGamer said:

Thanks Codemasters for this beautiful BMW M2 Competition model with brutal sound. I gave the model a bit more of a rally look.

You can download the custom DiRT Rally 2.0 livery here:
http://www.rallygamer.com/dirtrally2/liveries/page1.php

BMW M2 Competition - Protect X
dr2bmwm2protectforum01.jpg.a0c5501cc46bb062e1d379d615f82f63.jpg

Thank you, this is very much what I wanted to see.