DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Maybe we can now as the game is launched officially? Or is it because it's a DLC car for those who not pre-ordered the deluxe version?

18 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Did anybody tried to put a DR or D4 car in the game already?

I know that in the other two it was possible!

Cars or liveries? Dirt 4 liveries work perfect... Didn't tried with Dirt Rally liveries

18 minutes ago, BotaCalor said:

Cars or liveries? Dirt 4 liveries work perfect... Didn't tried with Dirt Rally liveries

Cars. In Dirt Rally someone ported some of D3 cars into the game, and with D4 I saw images of the Polo ingame.

Theoretically if you changed all the names in the nerfs file, you could substitute one of the cars (without changing the physics)

2 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Cars. In Dirt Rally someone ported some of D3 cars into the game, and with D4 I saw images of the Polo ingame.

Theoretically if you changed all the names in the nerfs file, you could substitute one of the cars (without changing the physics)

Actually, there were cars imported into Dirt Rally from multiple Codemasters games, like Grid and Dirt 2. I remember someone had added the Evo IX in DR, which would be awesome to have in DR 2.0.

18 minutes ago, CrisTSC said:

Actually, there were cars imported into Dirt Rally from multiple Codemasters games, like Grid and Dirt 2. I remember someone had added the Evo IX in DR, which would be awesome to have in DR 2.0.

My problem it's that Racenet will be pissing all over that kind of modding. It's a shame. You could replace the Mirage with the i20 just for the fun of it (and championships and what not)

• Like 1

Well, that applies to almost all mods, sadly.

I will probably do the same as I did with Dirt rally. One folder with mods and a vanilla one for online.

6 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

My problem it's that Racenet will be pissing all over that kind of modding. It's a shame. You could replace the Mirage with the i20 just for the fun of it (and championships and what not)

I have a feeling the i20 will be one of the DLC cars, it makes no sense that they don't have it at all.

6 hours ago, CrisTSC said:

Well, that applies to almost all mods, sadly.

I will probably do the same as I did with Dirt rally. One folder with mods and a vanilla one for online.

How did you do that in the easiest way? I would also want to be able to race online and still use mods.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, WMIA said:

How did you do that in the easiest way? I would also want to be able to race online and still use mods.

Here you go:

For both of you as well and others wondering, I will update the post to include the methods provided by @Wedgewood. I can confirm that it works and that you actually can make multiple directories of different modded DR's instead of instalations all together. 

What i did was just make two folders named "Modded Dirt rally [RFPEv0.4 Physics]" and another folder called "Dirt Rally Original Unmodded Files". 

1) Placed a FULL copy of my Vanilla files in "Dirt Rally Original Unmodded Files" in a folder just like the one in steamapps/common named "DiRT Rally".

So the directories should look like this somewhere on whatever drive on your PC:

Dirt Rally Original Unmodded Files/DiRT Rally
Modded Dirt rally [RFPEv0.4 Physics]/DiRT Rally

2) Make sure to have the "Hard Link Shell Ext" installed: 
http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

3) Do the same thing and make a copy for an instalation of DR with RFPE v0.4 Physics installed 

4) Delete the "video" and "tracks" folders from your modded "DiRT Rally" folder and link those same exact folders instead from "Dirt Rally Original Unmodded Files/DiRT Rally" location.

5) Now pick whatever one you want to play (Modded or not) and just link that particular DiRT Rally Folder in your:

"Programfilesx86/Steam/steamapps/common" folder directory. (Or wherever your Steam's "common" folder is. 

And presto! Easy intergration of a modded directory without install and you saved the space like solved by @Wedgewood. To Play or install the vanilla game, just link the original DiRT Rally folder from the folder you made with it: Dirt Rally Original Unmodded Files/DiRT Rally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To you experience livery modders. Is there a distinct difference in wind screen texture between Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0?

I went back to DR the other day and the wind screen almost adds a filter to what you see compared to DR2 where it almost looks completely transparent. 

At the moment, Stage times will be recorded if using Custom Liveries?

Can we play Online as well?

Any way to swap a default livery to another one in DR 2.0?  I started a championship with a silly sun strip down half my windshield and wanted to fix it.  😄

@UDegani I made a folder for Craig Breen's 208 R5 from ERC Ypres Rally 2015. There are 2 photos from Lefebvre's 208, decals are the same, only different driver & codriver names

6056.jpg

01315005_502.jpg

11416378_1072041672825658_8812005171212658295_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also made another map for Kopecky's Fabia R5 from Bohemia Rally 2016

2016_Rally_Bohemia_-_Kopecký-Dresler_01.jpg

2016_Rally_Bohemia_-_Kopecký-Dresler_02.jpg

2016-07-02-Rally-Bohemia-Header-01-Kopecky-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

@sqdstr these look good, after i finish the one im making i will look in to making these

• Thanks 1

Never seen that livery before for the Skoda, looks superb. Hoping Chris Ingram's is one of the 'special' liveries to be added to the game; that car looks great in black (see also Freddy Ahlin's BRC livery).

@UDegani thanks a lot for wanting to make those skins, I've always loved your work, awesome quality & details.

I've just added 1 more map for Snijers Polo R5 from Haspengouw rally 2019, those are the 3 cars I drive most in DR2.0, the 208 R5, Fabia R5 & Polo R5.

52886972_2284470105164188_6126192543282495488_o.jpg

53020257_2284470725164126_3434100337705746432_o.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

11 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Some for you painters out there:

Templates for R5

Templates for R4

Templates for R2

Templates for R-GT

Templates for H2 RWD

Templates for H2 FWD

Templates for H1

The rest of them will be made. First all the rally cars, then RX cars. 

Thank you very much! I want to try and make some liveries, i have only done skins for rbr in the past but hopefully it’s not so much different. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Is it possible to keep the real liveries and replace the fictional made liveries with the new skins instead?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, sqdstr said:

Is it possible to keep the real liveries and replace the fictional made liveries with the new skins instead?

sadly no

Posted (edited)

bonjour

bientôt disponible... elle est presque terminée...

Hello

soon available ... it's almost over ...

8JPpp.jpeg

OZpoQ.jpeg

0R1rq.jpeg

1JvOg.jpeg

rdRam.jpeg

Edited by Lebrass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1