DIRT RALLY 2.0 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Hello There!

Since we are hopefully going to be able to mod DiRT Rally 2.0 i decided to start the thread for modding discussions for DiRT Rally 2.0, also for me personally i wanted to start taking requests for liveries for DiRT Rally 2.0, as soon as its possible to mod DiRT Rally 2.0 i want to start to convert all my liveries i made for DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 in to DiRT Rally 2.0, I also have plans to make some other texture mods depending on how modable the game would be, so fell free to post your requests for the cars that will be in DiRT Rally 2.0 (for reference here is the list of confirmed cars)

• Like 5

Nice one @UDegani!
Can't wait to see all the liveries for the new cars. If modding is handled much the same as D4, I've got a good feeling about the mod community for this one 👌
I've also started work converting my DR liveries to D4 (in the hope DR2.0 is the same), and also working on a few classic NZ liveries.

Edited by pigloaf

Here goes my 2 😄

Imagem relacionada

Imagem relacionada

Edited by AIPacino

The second one is for the Evo V, but the car is nearly the same so I believe the livery can be slightly adjusted to the VI.

1 hour ago, SimVansevenant said:

These are just a few beauties I'd like to see in the game:

peugeot_208_t16_r5_belgique_princen_kasp

I'd happily drive this one all day long 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pigloaf said:

I'd happily drive this one all day long 👌

It really is a beauty! These are also nice but not as beautiful as the other one.

c70cb578c51f5cd16cedab3aa7295605fac6b818

1272_geko_ypres_rally_2014_679f0c1af4.jp

And there are a few nice liveries coming in 2019. For example the Polo that will be driven by Patrick Snijers.

e0983bd9-642c-432d-a691-4bf3917feec3.jpg

Sébastien Bédoret's car looks nice as well.

auto.jpeg

Edited by SimVansevenant

Another good one is the Rothmanns livery for the Opel Ascona 400

bbc2104b160fc8644217cd93afb293fe.jpg

• Agree 1

10 points to the first person to mod out the Sun logo and update the licence plate on the WD40 R5 again...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

10 points to the first person to mod out the Sun logo and update the licence plate on the WD40 R5 again...

I'm your huckleberry. Echo vent & JFT96 plate incoming.

Edited by pigloaf
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t follow D4 mods much, but did someone make any software that automatically ‘injected’ new liveries into D4?  I imagine DR2 will be the same.  DR was pretty open for replacing skins back then.  It seems much more complicated now.   

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

I didn’t follow D4 mods much, but did someone make any software that automatically ‘injected’ new liveries into D4?  I imagine DR2 will be the same.  DR was pretty open for replacing skins back then.  It seems much more complicated now.   

in the beginning it was complicated by the end of the life for D4 it was quite simple, before we had to rebuild the nefs files with the custom livery inside by the end it was just a matter of placing the files in the game folder that the game would read them outside of the nefs files and replace them ingame, i got told that on DR2 it will work the same way

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@UDegani if u are taking requests 😛

VW Polo R5 Snijers Belgian Rally Championship 2019:

52401097_1211663538982527_39608314632800

52599005_1211663502315864_13831690448734

52451531_1211663532315861_14066511901538

52333419_706313469763437_603865963232126

Skoda Fabia R5 Bedoret Belgian Rally Championship 2019:

Vanuf-def-2-1920x1213.jpg

Vanuf-def-3-1920x1213.jpg

Vanuf-def-1-1920x1213.jpg

Peugeot 208 R5 Abbring Rally Ypres 2017 winner:

B9716028617Z.1_20180616174019_000+GI5BG0

DSC_0496.JPG

RV-Ypres-2017-460.jpg

this skoda livery is beautiful.
So here is what im going to do, i set up a google drive folder, that anyone can edit, so that you guys can help me bring these liveries to the game by creating a folder inside that shared folder and uploading any and all reference you guys have on these liveries/logos, because im not that knowledgeable about rally to know all these beautiful liveries, any liveries folder that has good reference i will make, also anyone that wants to use said reference is free to use

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j0Rhj0_UAIELJ1zvClhddRMN-zOefAmD?usp=sharing

• Agree 2

so, I played a bit with the cameras.xml files...

The only way I got it to work was

1. extract it from the nefs
2. convert to plain xml
3. mod it
4. convert back to bin xml
5. put it back into the nefs (by replacing the file in the nefs with the modded one and save - all that in the NEFS Editor)

Didn't Paul once tweet that putting it back in the nefs file is not necessary?

Does anyone have any info on that? How exactly did it work with Dirt4?

On the lower end cars, we need livery with some ductape and rust here and there.  I am serious!  

At the moment, liveries don't appear to be as they were in DiRT 4 - the steps in this tweet no longer work. We can insert .pssg's into the .nefs file... 

But hopefully there's simpler steps we're missing that @ChristinaMc can provide some guidance on, once other fires are put out

Edited by pigloaf

44 minutes ago, pigloaf said:

At the moment, liveries don't appear to be as they were in DiRT 4 - the steps in this tweet no longer work. We can insert .pssg's into the .nefs file... 

But hopefully there's simpler steps we're missing that @ChristinaMc can provide some guidance on, once other fires are put out

I have always thought inserting the PSSG files into the nefs via the editor was the regular way. But hey it's not that much of a hurdle to go over to get the liveries in-game to me, Here is a simple one where I added some plates on the sides and roof of the C3. Works like a charm

20190222104926_1.jpg

• Like 1

In D4 inserting into .nefs blocked the ability to save games and upload times, but the folder method is easier for most people and didn't cause those issues. Will test that soon once racenet is fixed. 

Anyway I'll be putting together a 10-part series of liveries from the local NZ rally community. First up will be Ben Hunt's STi WRX NR4. Up on Racedepartment once they've got a DR2 section up 🤙

2.jpg

20190223045405_1.jpg

20190223045340_1.jpg

• Like 2

I see. I was kinda zoned out on the whole livery business in DiRT4 due to the anti-cheat problems so I only knew of the nefs edit route. So I'll leave the rest to the more experienced people to look at it closer. but I personally have had no problems with saving while using custom liveries