Share your Custom Liveries & Tools here.

Stay tuned and watch out for a new livery I'll release this weekend or next week.

The Bedoret Fabia R5 livery (cfr. image) has been extremely popular and the upcoming livery is along the same lines...

496645640_image(29).thumb.png.0729e48f03c1d2bf410ade1f3b2f3342.png 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone. This is a strange project started quite a while ago as a sort of self-amusement and a bit of a challenge maybe, but as I dig into subject it became more complex and time-consuming; finally I ended up collecting fonts and counting paint drops. So.

Opel Adam R2 driven by Tom Kristensson, co-driver Henrik Appelskog, Sachsen Rallye 26-27.05.2017

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/opel-adam-r2-t-kristensson-h-appelskog-sachsen-rallye-2017.29893/

a02.jpg.4d7383427bf391946619ee6ab285dc1b.jpga04.jpg.2488e2e9f7379de2bb06950118735f41.jpga06.jpg.7b12612e5edc1b8c2baee4e02663879a.jpg

Edited by MichaelALAD
  • Like 4

Bonsoir, je me suis remis a DR2 mais quand je veux utiliser une voiture avec un skin le menu reste bloqué sur la page de chargement, alors qu'avant il n'y avait aucun problème.

Avez vous eu ce probleme, es ce que vous avez une solution ? Merci

Has anyone managed to create a livery for Focus 2001 or is it protected? I tried to port a skin from DR1 and it didn't worked

2 hours ago, Lanker said:

Has anyone managed to create a livery for Focus 2001 or is it protected? I tried to port a skin from DR1 and it didn't worked

It's protected sadly. All the DLC cars that aren't free are protected

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KingOfCoins said:

It's protected sadly. All the DLC cars that aren't free are protected

You are correct. I tried to get the devs' attention concerning this topic via @PJTierney but apparently there's not going to be any way for us designers to get our hands on the files to create some spectacular liveries.

It doesn't help that there are certain modders porting in DR1, D4, RX-cars or cars from different games like WRC 8 even (if I'm not mistaken) to drive on rally stages in DR2.0. I think one even made the cars from DLC packs available for download which replaces one from the cars from base game in a different class. Not entirely sure about this final sentence but I do seem to recall seeing something like this. I'm firmly against modders whom severely break the terms of service by such actions. It's modders like these which force devs to lock content behind serious encryptions which results in those magnificent DLC cars to be out of reach for those that just want to put a fantastic looking paintjob on those cars. I'm very disappointed by this reality but I do not blame the devs at all for this, however I do blame those modders going way over the acceptable limit of modding provided for us by the devs.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Agree 2

Ok wish there was some kind of compromise to this.  Like just have templates and a separate, unlocked folder for to drop them in.  I still call BS on Codies for not allowing it.  If this is the compromise for DLC, I guess fine, but they really didn’t give us anything incredibly new for DLC.   Anyhow this is turning into a rant which I didn’t intend.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Ok wish there was some kind of compromise to this.  Like just have templates and a separate, unlocked folder for to drop them in.  I still call BS on Codies for not allowing it.  If this is the compromise for DLC, I guess fine, but they really didn’t give us anything incredibly new for DLC.   Anyhow this is turning into a rant which I didn’t intend.  

I know it's not a fun decision but changing the way they do it. It must be too time consuming or expensive to implement a new system to change the way they store/encrypt files for the game or something. I believe it's not all that much work probably and should be possible in a day or so but the devs must be of the impression that it's not worth the effort.

I asked if it was possible to decrypt the main texture file for each car and make certain files in there available to while encrypting the others, making them unable to extract or move. From the 24 files that you can find in a car's main texture files, I would be happy to be able to have access to four of them:

• xxx_glass_d.tga
  • xxx_glass_s.tga
  • xxx_main_d.tga
  • xxx_main_s.tga

That's all I would need to design spectacular liveries. If only they could make those available for us to extract and put back in once we were finished, I would be over the moon. And that's just me. Imagine all those people who would be absolutely overwhelmed with joy because of this! 😞

I already have a list of all those cars I would love to design for the game. These are just a fraction of what's on the list:

20_20140611_112722IMG12801024.thumb.jpg.46092a6f462f88ffc1ff2e862a127d94.jpgc158f7e1acbd6ad3373ad0d40296d6fd.jpg.09e31d3f206ac9bf593c60249c063246.jpg6cbd84160f8f8fc784ba64e1e5d16edf.jpg.12b4766dc388041e69c08543fc54d22a.jpgford_focus_rs_wrc_315.thumb.jpeg.9dc458ac0fa82948c4d88cb1c033e15a.jpegtk24-166_subaru_wrc_snijers_ypres_2003_-1.jpg.6eeaea95ebea7ac261568ac87e53d3e4.jpgbruno-thiry-2003-peugeot.jpg.29bfef7af985301e35b925745e3e3306.jpg

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

Hi there,

Newbie in residence, so bear with,

I've been browsing this thread for a while and been noting all the things said about the DLC cars. From what I can tell, when you install the game the DLC cars are there in the directories already. What you do when you buy the DLC from Steam is unlock them. I've looked through Race Department and downloaded and successfully installed an Alitalia livery for the Fiat 131, this is a DLC car in a double pack with the Alpine, I bought the pack when I bought the game. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fiat-131-abarth-alen-kivimäki-rallye-de-portugal-1978.29359/

I've also seen liveries for the Alpine itself and the Kadett, none have been done by any other means than what you do with the cars that are there from the get go. £1.49 isn't much for DLC when you think about it. As far as I can tell, if you want to create a livery for a DLC car, buy it and then you can. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but, I think you just need to get buying and get creating. Hope to see some more great liveries soon....

• Haha 2

Nope. Fiat 131, Alpine and Kadett are base game cars. The "DLC" you are referring to is a microtransaction that instantly unlocks the cars in career

Edited by HoksuHoo

So, you mean there are 2 types of DLC? Cars like the Alpine, 131 and Kadett are just unlocks for career mode and then ones like the 2001 Focus and the 911's are ones that entirely unlocked in the whole game when you buy them? If that is the case then Codemasters should have made it clearer. Ah well, I had my hopes up for a little while... 

Carry on folks, nothing to see here!