DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Share your Custom Liveries & Tools here.

12 hours ago, JAD Competicion said:

Hi everyone.

I'd like to know how to edit wheels in DiRT rally 2.0.

I already know to do that with main and glass files, so only wheels left.

Is there any way to edit kitcar liveries and other car groups?

Thank you very much. 

You have one .pssg where the car itself can be found (body, windows, spec maps etc.) and then you have 4 other .pssg's. Those other .pssg's are indeed for the wheels as TheFlyingTuga mentioned.

I am working on releasing mods for the DLC cars daily so that designers can put some stunning liveries on those beauties. I'll hopefully finish off the 2000's class today (if that massive 14,7GB update is finished) and will continue with the other classes such as the Gr.B RWD and Kit Cars afterwards so keep an eye out for that.

I can give you a sneak preview but it's still a work in progress as you can see from the stamp on the image.

No description available.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 5

I really don't understand Codies policy regarding this. Maybe it's licensing or some stuff like that... but codies prefer people go out of their way and "mod" the game than to release a patch permitting liveries in DLC cars!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

I really don't understand Codies policy regarding this. Maybe it's licensing or some stuff like that... but codies prefer people go out of their way and "mod" the game than to release a patch permitting liveries in DLC cars!

I do understand the reason why they did it, yet I don't understand why they executed it this way.

As far as I can figure out, this is how it works:

In order to design liveries, a person would need to access to the complete car files. You can only access those files if you have bought and installed the game. That's why we can access and design liveries for the cars that are available in the base game. The DLC cars on the other hand are added content you need to pay extra for afterwards. However, the files for those cars are in the game files but are locked until you bought the content itself. Only then you can drive them in the game.

Now, to protect the content, more specifically the revenue from that content, they kept the files encrypted so that the content couldn't be released freely to the public by modders. It all comes back to money/revenue. They could've, and actually should've in my opinion, encrypted most of the files (e.g. physics, audio etc. we as livery designers don't need) but not the car textures which designers do need. I'm thinking of the main_d, main_s, glass_d, glass_s and wheel_d files. Those are pretty much the only files a livery designer would need. 

If I understood it correctly, the topic was discussed after designers complained about the encryption but eventually it was decided that changing it wasn't worth the time and effort. I don't believe it would've been a major work but still, I don't make the decisions. It was said that the devs would keep this in mind for future titles, something we've heard before, so hopefully they finally address this issue during the development process of Dirt Rally 3.

@PJTierney, let me know if I'm close with my reasoning or not. And more importantly, if the issue is indeed being addressed in the development process of DIrt Rally 3, a title which is 99% confirmed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

That sounds about right for DiRT Rally 2.0.

Bear in mind the game also has this unique feature where you can still drive a car even if you don't own the DLC, either by special Challenges or from a Multiplayer host owning them (also, even if you don't own individual cars from the Colin McRae scenarios you can still drive on those cars/locations).

Obviously, no comment on future projects but the studio already knows people would like more livery customisation freedoms 🙂 

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I do understand the reason why they did it, yet I don't understand why they executed it this way.

As far as I can figure out, this is how it works:

In order to design liveries, a person would need to access to the complete car files. You can only access those files if you have bought and installed the game. That's why we can access and design liveries for the cars that are available in the base game. The DLC cars on the other hand are added content you need to pay extra for afterwards. However, the files for those cars are in the game files but are locked until you bought the content itself. Only then you can drive them in the game.

Now, to protect the content, more specifically the revenue from that content, they kept the files encrypted so that the content couldn't be released freely to the public by modders. It all comes back to money/revenue. They could've, and actually should've in my opinion, encrypted most of the files (e.g. physics, audio etc. we as livery designers don't need) but not the car textures which designers do need. I'm thinking of the main_d, main_s, glass_d, glass_s and wheel_d files. Those are pretty much the only files a livery designer would need. 

If I understood it correctly, the topic was discussed after designers complained about the encryption but eventually it was decided that changing it wasn't worth the time and effort. I don't believe it would've been a major work but still, I don't make the decisions. It was said that the devs would keep this in mind for future titles, something we've heard before, so hopefully they finally address this issue during the development process of Dirt Rally 3.

@PJTierney, let me know if I'm close with my reasoning or not. And more importantly, if the issue is indeed being addressed in the development process of DIrt Rally 3, a title which is 99% confirmed.

Yeah, I understand it like you do, and I think that they should have let the livery texture files unnecrypted.

The sad trUe is the encryption didn't accomplish its goal, because the DLC cars have already been ported to other games (like Assetto), yet we still can't do livery mods on DLC cars "easily" (this is, without the need to change the .nefs files)

Edited by AyrtJ97
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

What is EA's attitude towards modders, that would have to be taken into account going forwards.

sorry, i don't understand, this skin, i can use in career?? i don't play online and i don't want my time online, i only want make a custom championship and play carrer mode...thanks to all

We need custom liverys. The cars need these to enjoy them. Without the correct liverys I don't even drive them. I think a lot of people probably do the same. Fingers crossed for next releases.

• Agree 3

Liveries for me are almost as important as the cars themselves. I find the Focus 2007 an amazing car, but I barely drive it because I can't enjoy it without at least ONE real livery. I wouldn't complain if we had the most "obvious" and iconic liveries for each car officialy in the game, but as it's not the case, allowing DLC cars to be modded becomes very important.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

At least we can enjoy the DLC cars with great liveries on them now. Even though it's not perfect, it's at least something.

Here's another mod for you to enjoy!

Porsche 911 SC RS - Patrick Snijers / Robert Droogmans - 24 Hours of Ypres 1984 / 1985     <<<<< Link

May be an image of car, road and text that says "ELECTRO-CASH -CASH ELECTRO- BASTOS ELECTRO-CASH ELECTRO-CASH A SRD SimsRacingDesigr Racing Design ARTWORK"presentation-1-jpg.446700

Disclaimer:

Keep in mind that this is for offline and personal use ONLY

It is FORBIDDEN to use these in online clubs or championships!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hallo, i have a problem to instal the skin, if i reply the nefr file for the i20 oder 206 WRC i have this car in game , please help me . Thx

DiRT_Rally_2.0_18_02_2021_20_55_47.png

Great work as always @SRD_SimVansevenant, any plans on doing Richard Burn's Elonex Legacy? I'm starting work on it, but if you are going to, I would stop it.

11 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Great work as always @SRD_SimVansevenant, any plans on doing Richard Burn's Elonex Legacy? I'm starting work on it, but if you are going to, I would stop it.

I have no plans for it at the moment as I'm working on designs for the other cars. So be my guest and go ahead. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Here are the Monte Carlo Beasts! Slayers of WRC cars on tarmac! the PEUGEOT 306 MAXI KIT CAR!!!

Peugeot 306 Maxi Kit Car - Peugeot Sport - Monte Carlo Rally 1998    <<<<< Link

May be an image of car and outdoors

I think I have to complain to the organizers! Both cars have the same plate hahahaha

BTW, Portuguese 97 Champ Adruzilo Lopes also was part of the team with car #18

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

I think I have to complain to the organizers! Both cars have the same plate hahahaha

BTW, Portuguese 97 Champ Adruzilo Lopes also was part of the team with car #18

The number plate thing has been mentioned to me before so it is on the list of bug fixes! 😛

I didn't know he was actually part of the team for the Monte Carlo Rally with the #18. I'll have to take a look. I know I have a Adruzilo Lopes livery on my future projects list... 😄 

• Like 1

Here's my absolute favourite design to have ever been put on a Subaru Impreza S4 WRC!

@PJTierney, I sure do hope, for the team's sake, that this car will be in Dirt Rally 3 and that it will be allowed to have custom liveries! 
Or else, I'll have a serious meltdown, like a kid that is being dragged away from the sweet shop by his mom! 🤣

Subaru Impreza S4 WRC - David Loix - Rallye du Condroz-Huy 2001   <<<<< Link

presentation-1-jpg.447973presentation-2-jpg.447974

• Like 1

I just got a gaming pc and this game. Is there any livery mods for the S14 Impreza? I haven't really seen any on race department.

17 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

The number plate thing has been mentioned to me before so it is on the list of bug fixes! 😛

I didn't know he was actually part of the team for the Monte Carlo Rally with the #18. I'll have to take a look. I know I have a Adruzilo Lopes livery on my future projects list... 😄 

The livery was the same as the one from Delecour/Panizzi combo. Just the number and the windows need to be changed. His plate was 775 LYV 75

111219.jpg

• Like 1

I have never requested a Livery before in any game but is anyone capable of making the new Adrien Formaux Red Bull livery for the R5 MkII Fiesta?