Why does Codemasters leave the games unfinished?

4 hours ago, Razer11hop said:

@Faya What support for the game 2018 can we expect in the future?

Hint: F1 2019 season has started. 

Hint: when F1 2019 season ends, so too the support for the next F1 Game release. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, campeonatoror said:

Good morning, I'm new and it's my first post. The only thing I wanted to ask Codemasters is why they always launch an F1 game without solving the bugs and errors of the previous versions. I think that since its first release, all its F1 games are unfinished with failures that are repeated year after year. Thank you.

In answer to your question it's because they did a rush job with the game engine in 2015 and instead of fixing it like the safety car problem etc, etc plus properly breaking the game with rushed patches. It's like wrapping a broken leg in bandages with a splinter of bone still embedded within it. And too top it off stick some wood in there (patches) to anger the wound.     

Edited by Chromatic

10 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

In answer to your question it's because they did a rush job with the game engine in 2015 and instead of fixing it like the safety car problem etc, etc plus properly breaking the game with rushed patches. It's like wrapping a broken leg in bandages with a splinter of bone still embedded within it. And too top it off stick some wood in there (patches) to anger the wound.     

So where is the part where they rushed the engine? As far as I know, we don't even know who developed the EGO 3 engine...

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

So where is the part where they rushed the engine? As far as I know, we don't even know who developed the EGO 3 engine...

Oh here we go again taking information to suit yourself again I see. I explained this to you before Childish people never change unless they understand they need to change. 

Edited by Chromatic

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

Oh we go again taking information to suit yourself again I see. I explained this to you before Childish people never change unless they understand they need to change. 

That is not an answer. It's easy to come up with sources for claims as long as those claims are true, so I'll be here waiting for them 🙂

8 minutes ago, UP100 said:

That is not an answer. It's easy to come up with sources for claims as long as those claims are true, so I'll be here waiting for them 🙂

Just as easy as posting false nonsense which you seem to be doing in spades. Without looking anything up from previous games & engines in posts, reviews, twitter updates blogs etc since 2010 which is what I usually do.  

Edited by Chromatic

5 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Just as easy as posting false nonsense which you seem to be doing in spades. Without looking anything up from previous games & engines in posts, reviews, twitter updates blogs etc since 2010 which is what I usually do.   

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. Still waiting for the sources though. If you have seen something somewhere, it shouldn't be hard to get back the source. Accusing someone else of something to avoid actually proving what you said earlier is quite annoying. I'm not here to "battle you" or whatever you're trying to get me into. Just wanted to get some more information which has actual sources.

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. Still waiting for the sources though. If you have seen something somewhere, it shouldn't be hard to get back the source. Accusing someone else of something to avoid actually proving what you said earlier is quite annoying. I'm not here to "battle you" or whatever you're trying to get me into. Just wanted to get some more information which has actual sources.

Oh goodness. It was a matter of time that this post turns dirty. 

We all want a seamless sim, slash game. Software is so complex gents. If Xbox or some sort of OS gets updated, they also need to make changes due to the new growth of unforeseen bugs, glitches, exploits, and whatnot. 

Codemasters can only do so much within their certain set budget parameters. You can spend more that what you set for profit. Simple. Because the game needs waaaay more resources to live up to OUR sides expectations, from codemasters perceptive over time, we are not going to see any further developments for F1 2018. 

I have conversations with their CEO, Frank over the current business to take advantage of advertising revenue,  both in the game, and in esports or real world. I had also built out a business model to show tiers of subscription services to boost up monthly recurring revenue to increase codemasters overall valuation and also, increase continuous support of a published product (iRacing or like Forza’s frequency of releases). Codemasters is entertaining a public offering, and having an old the business model that has a revenue chat that looks like a teeth on a shark is not good for valuation and  volatility. 

Either Codemasters gets further support from F1 to invest into more of this service model to reconstruct their server infrastructure, a fully dedicated team to support the game 365 days out of the year, finding new opportunities to generate revenue outside of just a one time purchase (advertising and others), codemasters will lose the F1 deal to be the official game and the game will not continue to be developed by them. Or we go to another genre and race look a like F1 cars. 

Its that simple and in summary, It’s about money and how to operate within a certain number.m without going out of business. 

Sorry for all the grammatical errors. On my iOS device. 😂 

• Like 1

The biggest problem that I personally have with Codemasters always releasing broken (F1) games is that I still continue to buy them. 

It's the only official F1 game and I haven't found a suitable alternative, simply because there is none. My guess is that Codemasters is aware of that and therefore simply don't care about the unfinished or broken parts of their games. The game still sells well enough and gets solid reviews.

• Agree 3

On 2/25/2019 at 12:23 PM, Razer11hop said:

@Faya What support for the game 2018 can we expect in the future?

Do not give up :).

I just can't work out why every year the same bugs carry over to the next year. Eg. Being held in pits while all the cars behind you pass. Safety car. A1 seeming to make wrong tyre choices even illegal ones.

Posted (edited)

Because there will always be sheeple buying things because want, want, want! Every single Codemasters F1 game had bugs and most of them didn't get fixed before the next release (if ever) yet everyone forgets about that and rushes out to buy legendary editions just to get a 3 day early access.

Unfortunately, people will never learn and companies like Codemasters will keep praying on them. I wish someone else finally got the license for the franchise...

Edited by MrMorpheus
  • Disagree 4

I'm playing f1 2017 and every day I see a new bug

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, MrMorpheus said:

Because there will always be sheeple buying things because want, want, want! Every single Codemasters F1 game had bugs and most of them didn't get fixed before the next release (if ever) yet everyone forgets about that and rushes out to buy legendary editions just to get a 3 day early access.

Unfortunately, people will never learn and companies like Codemasters will keep praying on them. I wish someone else finally got the license for the franchise...

Oh yes because nowadays most games come bug free. Only Codemasters releases games with bugs. Switching to another company would eradicate all the bugs immediately. 

I wish people would stop saying they wish another company to make their F1 game. You are just looking for a new forum to complain to developers that they suck at their job and they should look at Codemasters because they knew how to make an F1 game. codemasters loves F1. Codemasters is a good fit for F1. Things could get way worse when a company takes over that has no experience in making formula 1 games; codemasters has 10 years of experience. You just don't throw that away because there are bugs. Every game has bugs and every developer that will make F1 games will launch a game with bugs. 

You know when you buy F1 games that you will invest every year in a new game just like when you play FIFA. 

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Disagree 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, Chromatic said:

If you remember F1 2015 was anything BUT a rush job. Instead we got copy 'n' paste F1 2014 (2013 minus gear ratios) because the next-gen engine was not ready (hence why F1 2015 had F1 2014 shoehorned inside it as an option to play).

F1 2013 is probably still the best final game in the Codemasters series, but it's development cycle and subsequent patching was tortuous. AOR abandoned Season 8 halfway through because of the Ghost car de-sync bugs (you could literally be racing de-synced with someone halfway around the track and they would be totally invisible to you and vice-versa and they could physically take you out from their 'real' position as the cars were not ghosted in the sense they are now). To their credit, Codemasters DID sort the issue after working with the community and some believed they could actually get games 'right' (2013 followed the 2012 pad/wheel/assist imbalance; you think it's bad now, it was impossible to put pad and wheel users in the same lobbies. Oh and did I mention the fatally broken weather system in F1 2012 - it's totally undrivable on the Dynamic setting, so much so it was almost down to rolling the dice to 'set' the session weather; we used a "live" weather forecast 20 minutes before the race!)

After much community involvement, F1 2016 was an epic title out of the box; unfortunately something was lost during the patch cycle so the development cycle post-release really took something from the game for many. F1 2017 was saved by Esports and F1 2018 doesn't really build all that much on that foundation.

BUT, iterations of the game mean that people will want to race that shiny NEW title. (I did do three seasons on F1 2013, instead of two on F1 2015 only because there were numbers with F1 2013 to make it possible, hell I even made Split 2 because there were only 2 splits 🙂 )

We can only hope that the finished article of F1 2019 fixes all the repetitive flaws and that the game engine is optimised for DX12. It's a work in progress, an F1 title (as I'm reminded each time I fire up the DX12 branch of F1 2018).

• Agree 1

Found this video interesting and thought it might help. My misses summed it up best for me, “from a business point of view ...I get it, from a consumer point of view ...I despise it”.

That is why it’s best to change to a subscription based game. Monthly or annual recurring revenue will eliminate seasonal revenue spikes that result into budgeted resources. As a result, buggy yearly released games. If it’s a subscription, the game is continuous being serviced with 24/7 budgeted resources. 

On 5/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, MrMorpheus said:

I wish someone else finally got the license for the franchise

The license doesnt seem to be exclusive as Hutch (for example) also has a license to use the F1 drivers and teams in their new F1 manager game.