Straight-Line Speed

In all duels, my straight line speed is always at least 20 km/h difference to the bots and sometimes my opponent. It is extremely uncompetitive in Grid Start, since you get mugged off the line while your opponent can keep up with them. By the first corner I'm usually last, and the cornering speeds of the bots are SOOO SLOW. I tried all I can do get the highest straight-line speed possible to counteract this but it is impossible. The bots need a serious improvement in cornering, and need a huge decrease in straight-line speed. I did some experimenting at the Azerbaijan circuit, where I get to the corner right after Sector 3 starts, and drive down the straight all the way to the wall, to see my straight-line speed setup differences. Here are my findings. 

328 km/h (quickest) with this:

IMG_0613.thumb.PNG.d762ba732a29bb04d3f887602f78f75f.PNG

325 km/h (slowest) with this (but highest power and Performance Rating):

IMG_0612.thumb.PNG.2e47769a690b815fc2d45fe98de66656.PNG

327 km/h:

IMG_0614.thumb.PNG.dfdf8fbc5c4d9593eebf4f97b68fa1fe.PNG

326 km/h:

IMG_0615.thumb.PNG.b83afef898af985eb6baee5a9b162c6e.PNG

327 km/h:

IMG_0616.thumb.PNG.98fc48a22cb4bff8618c93ebab6d7b99.PNG

so Aero matters more than Power, which I find rather interesting.  In the next video I am using the highest speed setup I have (with Rare Exhausts) in a duel. See how I get completely destroyed off the start? Even in Qualifying?

Another one, this time a Sprint race:

It's rather disgusting, tbh. How can I expect to be competitive??? Cut corners, that's how. Take the other guy out. (sorry) No other option. 

Monza. what a joke. I got so frustrated. 

Please fix this stupid insane straight line speed off the line and bots...………..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think there is some kind of “catch on” mode for bots that makes them accelarate unreasonably fast in straight lines.. when a bot comes betwren me and my opp it is impossible to race anymore.. pass bot at corner then bot comes in front of you again.. 

• Agree 1

Thanks for reporting this 🙂 the topic of car performance/straight-line speed is something we've started investigating, as a few players have raised it recently. If we detect that there's a game-side factor that's causing players' cars to be unfairly uncompetitive in races, we'll look into ways of rectifying this. Thanks again 🙂

12 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks for reporting this 🙂 the topic of car performance/straight-line speed is something we've started investigating, as a few players have raised it recently. If we detect that there's a game-side factor that's causing players' cars to be unfairly uncompetitive in races, we'll look into ways of rectifying this. Thanks again 🙂

How can you be unaware of such issues? Don't you have one spare staff member to log on as a public user and play the game? How is it you release a version as a 'gold master' and then act surprised that it's buggy? I am baffled that your quality control seems to be non-existent. It has been months now that every player of this game has repeatedly drawn attention to the totally inadequate performance of their cars in a Grid Start, but nothing is done.... it's ignored to the point where it seems this is now a fixture of the game. From version 1, nothing you have done or said gives me any confidence you either have a plan to make this game enjoyable again or it is, as I fear, a deliberate agenda to move the goalposts from a racing to a card collecting game, giving the illusion that more blueprints equal faster cars. And newcomers to the game will pay because you can't level up by racing. Meanwhile those of us who recall V1 will have abandoned you, leaving only reviews warning others not to buy into this sham.

• Like 2

If someone from Codemasters is reading the forums, then shouldn't action be taken to address the shortcomings before the game is released? If the product is bad, it affects the company. You're lucky that you're the officially licensed game because no one would have bought from you.

I am now at 9725 after staying at 9999 for a long time before the update was released. My win rate was already dismal at around 58%, but after the update, my win rate is now like 50%. That's after 2200 races! Obviously the law of large numbers don't apply here.

Grid start issues have been talked to the death. After removing the game from my iPhone XS Max and reinstalling it, grid starts have gone back to the pre-update period of rocketing opponents. Sideways torpedos are always there and I am really afraid of approaching a chicane because some bot or opponent would push me into the grass while they leap 5 seconds away. It has frustrated me to no end that my race was taken away while I am at P4, or P2 even, but some **** bot put me into a wall.

I am not so lucky as the threadstarter above as I have never seen 327km/h on my device. It is at best 323km/h on DRS on the Azerbaijan straight. Like he observed, speed has nothing to do with power and that's weird. After some upgrade, the max speed had gone down to 318km/h. Is this F1 or GP2?

Cars are now more prone to understeer, sprint races and qualifyings are harder to compete when I'm like 0.25s behind at the start that rapidly descends to 2.50 seconds at the first turn. This game is ****!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MannSG said:

If someone from Codemasters is reading the forums, then shouldn't action be taken to address the shortcomings before the game is released? If the product is bad, it affects the company. You're lucky that you're the officially licensed game because no one would have bought from you.

I am now at 9725 after staying at 9999 for a long time before the update was released. My win rate was already dismal at around 58%, but after the update, my win rate is now like 50%. That's after 2200 races! Obviously the law of large numbers don't apply here.

Grid start issues have been talked to the death. After removing the game from my iPhone XS Max and reinstalling it, grid starts have gone back to the pre-update period of rocketing opponents. Sideways torpedos are always there and I am really afraid of approaching a chicane because some bot or opponent would push me into the grass while they leap 5 seconds away. It has frustrated me to no end that my race was taken away while I am at P4, or P2 even, but some **** bot put me into a wall.

I am not so lucky as the threadstarter above as I have never seen 327km/h on my device. It is at best 323km/h on DRS on the Azerbaijan straight. Like he observed, speed has nothing to do with power and that's weird. After some upgrade, the max speed had gone down to 318km/h. Is this F1 or GP2?

Cars are now more prone to understeer, sprint races and qualifyings are harder to compete when I'm like 0.25s behind at the start that rapidly descends to 2.50 seconds at the first turn. This game is ****!

"9725", hah! 🤓

I'm at 8400 now, down more than 1500 points in three days! (Winning the loosing competition anyway...✌️)

Seems like I'm only competitive when facing a real player. But that doesn't happen often since last update. Approximately 19 out of 20 duel opponents are AI now (used to be about 1 out of 5). And in addition AI opponents have become unbeatable – winning by 5–10 secs every time.

This is not fun anymore.

23 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thank you for noticing and launching an investigation into it. I do believe that steps should be made to make future updates and changes smoother. 

6 hours ago, RawTV said:

"9725", hah! 🤓

I'm at 8400 now, down more than 1500 points in three days! (Winning the loosing competition anyway...✌️)

Seems like I'm only competitive when facing a real player. But that doesn't happen often since last update. Approximately 19 out of 20 duel opponents are AI now (used to be about 1 out of 5). And in addition AI opponents have become unbeatable – winning by 5–10 secs every time.

This is not fun anymore.

I was too early. I dropped more races and I am now at 9400+. It's like clinging on to dear life.

1 hour ago, MannSG said:

I was too early. I dropped more races and I am now at 9400+. It's like clinging on to dear life.

You'll never catch me! (At 8176 now.) 🤓

Hey all - so I've been tracking this topic of straight-line speed - more specifically, the lack of pace that players seem to have against AI, especially in higher Leagues - and working on a solution for you guys.

Last week a small change was added that tweaked the balance of the AI difficulty. The intention was not to make races impossible to win or to make the AI too fast, so after tracking player feedback, we're bringing the AI speed down a little to try and improve that balance. This change will come to game imminently, hopefully today. 

Thank you 🙂 

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - so I've been tracking this topic of straight-line speed - more specifically, the lack of pace that players seem to have against AI, especially in higher Leagues - and working on a solution for you guys.

Last week a small change was added that tweaked the balance of the AI difficulty. The intention was not to make races impossible to win or to make the AI too fast, so after tracking player feedback, we're bringing the AI speed down a little to try and improve that balance. This change will come to game imminently, hopefully today. 

Thank you 🙂 

Hi Chris

Thanks for this.  Could you let us know on here or Twitter etc when this has taken effect

Thanks again

Now my trophies drop to 6700 from 9200

LOL, so competitive and fun race i had

1 hour ago, StKnowhere said:

How many hours did it take you guys to hit 9999?

I started playing V1 soon after release and only hit 9,999 a few weeks ago. Luckily most of those points were scored in V1, because if I'd been in League 6 or 7 I'd be back at 8 by now, having lost 1,500 trophies since the additional V3 local data updates.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

Thanks for this.  Could you let us know on here or Twitter etc when this has taken effect

Thanks again

Hello - jumping in to let you know that this change to AI difficulty is being rolled out now across all devices. Once you notice a change in this balance, feel free to post your feedback on how you're finding it, so we can ensure the balance is correct. Thanks 😄

Assuming I have the update, as of 16:00 GMT, playability is improved other than grid start where the bot player still has a huge speed and grip advantage.  Especially sector 3.  The following is in "test mode" of a clean (no collisions) grid race, the game is controlling everything except my steering which I am keeping on the green line the entire run.

62D7B309-C272-42E9-A703-EB98CF9BDAF1.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello - jumping in to let you know that this change to AI difficulty is being rolled out now across all devices. Once you notice a change in this balance, feel free to post your feedback on how you're finding it, so we can ensure the balance is correct. Thanks 😄

I can't promise that this update has got to me yet, but I was waiting for a Mexico grid start, because that's always been one of the worst!  When I eventually got it, I was last well before the first corner just like before so at the moment I can't say for sure.  And I'm a bit loathed to risk a shed load of trophy points to find out.  Maybe I will just wait until the drivers here confirm its working

The AI on the grid starts is still a complete mess. You really need to take that mode completely offline until you can get it right. They're automatic losses for everyone now.

• Agree 1

Can confirm that nothing has changed in iOS, yet anyway.

I can confirm the update has achieved nothing. I don't think you know the damage you are doing Codemasters. When this game began, I enjoyed it so much that it became the first game with "in-app purchases" where I was happy to spend money. If it still functioned as it did upon release I would still be spending money. But now? Not a chance. So think about that. How much money are you losing by doggedly sticking to the current game model? Go back to version 1 where F1 Mobile was fun to play. Because the way it's going, I'm leaving and taking my money with me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RawTV said:

Can confirm that nothing has changed in iOS, yet anyway.

The local data update occurred on iOS for me, but has not helped. In fact car handling seems odd to make matters worse. With a PI of near 1500 I'm still the slowest car on any track. Guaranteed 12th place in grid or sprint or losses in qualifying with all red sectors, despite setting personal lap records. So, I'm faster than I've ever been, which previously got me to 9,999, but now I'm losing almost every race. With a faster car. Explain that Codemasters. Tell me why I should keep playing.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, slayton said:

The local data update occurred on iOS for me, but has not helped. In fact car handling seems odd to make matters worse. With a PI of near 1500 I'm still the slowest car on any track. Guaranteed 12th place in grid or sprint or losses in qualifying with all red sectors, despite setting personal lap records. So, I'm faster than I've ever been, which previously got me to 9,999, but now I'm losing almost every race. With a faster car. Explain that Codemasters. Tell me why I should keep playing.

Agree completely.

1 hour ago, slayton said:

I can confirm the update has achieved nothing. I don't think you know the damage you are doing Codemasters. When this game began, I enjoyed it so much that it became the first game with "in-app purchases" where I was happy to spend money. If it still functioned as it did upon release I would still be spending money. But now? Not a chance. So think about that. How much money are you losing by doggedly sticking to the current game model? Go back to version 1 where F1 Mobile was fun to play. Because the way it's going, I'm leaving and taking my money with me.

Worst part is we are in the 3rd week of just one more week...

I wish they would just reinstate Version 1. The safety rating system is a failure when you have killbot cars on the track whose sole purpose is your destruction. My memory of first playing was that you could race against bots. They allowed you to overtake them safely if you chose the right time to do so. They drove in straight, predictable lines instead of behaving like moving concrete barriers.

• Agree 1

Hard to believe it got in this condition intentionally.

If they can't restore, makes me wonder if they lost a key developer or have been sabotoged by a disgruntled employee...

Edited by StKnowhere