Straight-Line Speed

Who would have the motive to sabotage F1? It's obvious! Those "save the whales" type, anti-fossil fuel nuts over at Formula E. They want to launch their own "sewing machines on wheels" competition. 

I thought the fix got to me when I was leading Suzuka smoothly into sector 3, 1.5s ahead. Ended up losing 3s+ in sector 3.... I didn’t even see my opponent coming. 

Then tested a grid start, start looks ok but straight line speed and crazy AI still wrecks the race. 

Played about 10 races (with good lap times) and won a couple cos the opponent got taken out. Lol... what fix?

13 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Hard to believe it got in this condition intentionally.

If they can't restore, makes me wonder if they lost a key developer or have been sabotoged by a disgruntled employee...

I agree. It's shocking how something like this can get worse over time. Every update they do makes it worse. It's pretty clear that if they do have a QA team it's just one person. It seems like they're testing on the fly once it's pushed out live. They're making Windows look good.

17 hours ago, RawTV said:

Can confirm that nothing has changed in iOS, yet anyway.

Hey there - if possible, could you jump into a couple of races at some point and let me know if you're noticing a difference in the AI difficulty/straight-line speed? On our side we're seeing some progress and a better balance, but want to hear the feedback of as many players as possible. Thanks 🙂 

Nothing changed. Grid start, crazy AI, straight line speed. In fact, car seems more slippery to handle than before.  On iOS. Deleted and reinstalled the game too. 

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there - if possible, could you jump into a couple of races at some point and let me know if you're noticing a difference in the AI difficulty/straight-line speed? On our side we're seeing some progress and a better balance, but want to hear the feedback of as many players as possible. Thanks 🙂 

Thanks Chris, looks like real  progress, I was able to go from 2300 to 2500 TP this morning with 12 races.   Bots seem calmed down and not so invincible.

Oversteer/handling issue is still there on some turns/tracks  Turning the aids on or making sure your braking is done before the apex helps

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Ok... Did about 15 duels today. And the straight line speed/AI difficulty IS better. But there are two exceptions:

1. Generally I'm still too far behind in duels against bot opponents. Bot players seems to make the other AI cars super fast to. 

2. The same goes for grid starts against bots. I'm always left far behind, even when my starts are "perfect". (When facing a real, human player tho, the whole grid performs normal.)

I think you should just get rid of bot opponents in duel mode! (A simple – but brilliant – solution.)

fixed my a...

@ChrisGrovesMCM

15 duels this afternoon
- 7 grid starts: all lost, Sochi I'm still 5 sec behind at the end of first straight, Silverstone the same. Other circuits better, but put off race by crazy bots
- 4 racing duels: 3 lost, Abu Dhabi 2 times because the car loses power at -1 sec from start and the bot opponent gains almost 1 second , Spielberg because even in great advantage I was hit by a bot  at the last turn
- 4 qualifying: all won as before

If you call it fixed...

Addon: 4 more lost grid races, I had a good start at SPA but one of the bot kicked me out at the first turn
2 fast races lost for the gap of 1 second you have even before the lap begins

How many thousands points I have to lose @ChrisGrovesMCM to give you info about how much the game is messed?

Edited by Artadian

There is still a noticeable difference in speed with the AI on grid starts. Aggression aside, if you do manage to get ahead of an AI car you'll see that your distance ahead of them will increase slightly only for them to come charging back. How this happens on a straight is head scratching. It's like they're getting a boost. No matter how far ahead you can get they will always slingshot back to pass you. If you successfully block they'll drop back only to come charging back quickly a few seconds later.

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Maybe this video helps.. track shanghai.. a grid race.. look how I pass hamilton and then he passes me and Gasly and Ericsson in straight line... 

That's comsistant with what I see also, I stopped trying to pass bot's once in the lead.  They almost seem to sync up with your speed.