Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 wishlist

1. Triple screen support!!! ūüĎąūüŹĽ

2. Different lcd on steering inspired by real

3. Race highlights after weekend and better replay options

4. Sound is good but still could be improved. For example dirt and marbles sound off ideal line

5. Much more visible marbles off the line during weekend like in real

6. Much more different cut scenes in career

7. Laser scanned tracks! 

My wishlist:

1. Pre-season testing with car development like in the practice sessions and / or a free practice mode.

2. Bring back the race specific hospitality areas from last year with Trackir support- not just the same old data centre.

3. Manual control of pits and gridding.

Please!

On 2/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, MrSatoshi said:

Anyone knows if csl elite formula for ps4 is mappable with its lx joypad ****? I can't seem to have this recognised at all. 

It would be a basic thing to have already on this year game, let alone 2019, considering the hefty price I paid for. 

Currently the left joystick, thumb rotary switches, Multi position encoders, and two toggle switches are not supported as well as rotation part of the right funky switch are all not currently support...Fanatec says Codemasters just needs to implement their new SDK they’ve sent them and everything should work then...I know how you feel...I completely upgraded to the Fanatec ecosystem(CSL Elite+, V3 pedals, and F1 2018 LE rim) because of the F1 2018 LE rim and most of the features that are currently not supported!

Race starts from the pitlane if you break perc freme and change wings and tyre pressures. NO other part of the set up apart from those in after qualification while on the grid.

Better replay options, as it is now all I can see of my run is about a 20 second clip, let us replay the whole run from start to finish, be it practice or race. Add more classic content, mid to late 70's Tyrrel, Brabbham, Renault, with classic tracks, Nords, Kyalami, etc.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, DiGuB said:

Not quite sure I get the point of enabling red flags and/or mechanical failures that would prevent the player from finishing a race.  This is a game for entertainment purposes with the intention of the player being able to succeed.  I can see all the angry posts to CM now with frustrations about losing a critical race all because the game decided to prevent you from reaching the checkered flag...  Want to be forced out of a race?  Then just crash your car into a wall.  I digress...  

Some things I would like to see:

• A 'reset to X sector' option. ¬†Particularly when using TT to practice a track it would be great to be able to bring my car immediately to whichever sector I would like to begin from. ¬†That way if I wanted to, for example, repeatedly practice just sector 2¬†I could do so without having to run the rest of the lap or force a reset to the start of the lap.
  • Throttle and brake telemetry data with ability to overlay my inputs to my¬†teammates (career mode) or selected ghost driver (TT mode). ¬†This would be an invaluable learning tool for so many reasons.
  • Ability to customize the list of 'Jeff commands', so I can prioritize the commands I use the most to page 1 and in the order I prefer.
  • TT mode for intermediate tires. ¬†We have full dry and full wet conditions as options - why not intermediate conditions? ¬†I'm at my worst on intermediate tires, and it's because I can't practice with them as easily.
  • Ability to choose which¬†dry tire compound to use in TT mode (which, in turn,¬†means different leaderboards for different compounds as well). ¬†It would be helpful to have the ability to practice on different compounds.
  • Practice programs outside of career mode. ¬†It would be great to have these available as learning tools in a way that doesn't interfere with the progress of our career mode. ¬†This could also be used as a way for people to experiment, and determine¬†what an appropriate difficulty level would be for themselves.
  • More support for wheel button mapping. ¬†Seems silly that I can't map LSB or RSB with my G920 on XB1.

These are by far the best options I would like to see in a future game. 

On 2/24/2019 at 11:25 PM, MrSatoshi said:

Anyone knows if csl elite formula for ps4 is mappable with its lx joypad ****? I can't seem to have this recognised at all. 

It would be a basic thing to have already on this year game, let alone 2019, considering the hefty price I paid for. 

Same goes for the Xbox. So may buttons and so little to configure. I do hope the new Fanatec SDK will cure this problem for the Xbox users allthough I'm under the impression that some support is needed from Microsoft as well. 

I wouldÔĽŅ¬†ask Codemasters if F1 2019 game can have all the classic cars that we have in F1 2018, but also add F1 cars like the beautiful green Jaguar, and how about Toyota in the 00's, and i hope to see blue Benetton and yellow Jordan in F1 2019!! I would be great to have these cars in F1 2019 game... I think many others like them also...¬†

Jordan 191 the car that gave Schumacher his debut and the 199 in the 1999 season which was a genuine championship contender

e729e3ef93d318ff557bd9402dc6abc4.jpg

Beautiful blue Benetton with Fisichella in it,

Toyota,

BAR-honda with Button in it,

Jaguar with Irvine in it,

Sauber (C23) with Fisichella in it,

... and Jordan 

And of course there are many more great cars and livery's

Would be very nice to see in F1 2019

Benetton 1.jpg

Toyota F1 is a Formula One team run by Japanese car manufacturer, Toyota.jpg

Button_(BAR)_qualifying_at_USGP_2005.jpg

r1-jagu-irvi-monaco-2000.jpg

8172470861_271f9a6805_b.jpg

198-002.jpg

... Jaguar,

Toyota with Panis in it,

ForceIndia with Sutil in it (2013),

Benetton (1995)

e6bd106859b99a6eb85fb0f0710c1d93.jpg

depositphotos_8060724-stock-photo-team-toyota-f1-olivier-panis.jpg

Adrian_Sutil_2013_Malaysia_FP1.jpg

f1-british-gp-1995-michael-schumacher-benetton-b195-renault.jpg

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Jordan 191 the car that gave Schumacher his debut and the 199 in the 1999 season which was a genuine championship contender

e729e3ef93d318ff557bd9402dc6abc4.jpg

I like the Jordan in 1999, 

Would be very nice if there gonna be more classic cars in F1 2019 game...

F1 in de 90's and 00's had many great cars and livery's... more different 'colors' on the circuit. Benetton, Jordan, Jaguar, Toyota... with all the other classic cars that we have in f1 2018 game will make F1 2019 even more to look forward to

I would wish if you can design more on your own helmet, possibly own logos, etc. so that the helmet is really individual to each driver. Of course, the team logos should also be visible on the helmet.

I mostly Play Online, in a League and I love the 2018 so far but I really miss some futures;

-I would love to have the option to see a replay from the Online Race. It's already in the Sibgleplayer but I would love to see it in the Online Modus as well in Order to comment and do Highlight Videos. 

-Maybe even an automatic Action Cam where you actually can see Overtakes and Crashes and stuff like this

-The Penaltys are given really wierd sometimes pls work on a better system sometimes you get a penalty when someone from behind is hitting and stuff like that. 

For the Singleplayer;

-I would love to Creat my Own Charachter Female or Male and pls build in a Helmet Creator. It would be fun to Build an Own Helmet.

-I think the KI doesn't drive really realistic I would wish that they arr acting more real and not crashing in your car that much.

Very important thing need to change in F1 2019 game is when you pass a driver that come out of pitlane or on track the AI car is almost completely standing still on track. They loose many second in that lap it happens...

Another thing is damage on the car in Time Trial because when you crash, even if it is very hard, you can drive around as if nothing happend. This is not realistic at all

1. I would like that the game adds Formula 2 and GP3 series, so you can start your career from there and you can scale to reach Formula 1.
  2. I think that you don't have to be the only driver that changes teams, In my third season Haas is the best team and Mercedes the last one, I would be nice that Haas hire Lewis Hamilton.
  3. Also, you can expect that Alonso race 10 seasons, Some time he has to retire, and some new guys have to come up. In the end, you would be the oldest driver in Formula 1.
  4. Having the possibility to edit teams performance before starting the season, also edit the lineups, create teams and drivers as well.
  5. Also make the contracts more realistic, like, start the negotiation at the middle of the season, an have the opportunity to sing to another team for next season, but finish the current with the current team that you are driving.

1 - TOTAL vehicle control in the pitlane when ALL Assists are OFF! 

When we have ELITE driving difficulty, we want ELITE driving difficulty!

For years Codemasters have been teasing us with "Elite" difficulty but still gives an auto-pilot when we're inside the pitlane! EA already gave players total freedom in the pitlane in 2002 with F1 Challenge '99-02 -> Not my video!

2 - And further; give us high resolution mirrors! Because when we have our visual settings set to the highest level we expect the mirrors to be of equal quality!

3 - Ray-tracing for best shadows and lighting quality! 

4 - DESTROY persistant bugs seen in F1 2016, F1 2017 and F1 2018: Bug 1: In Career Mode and Championship Mode, you get DRS when the driver BEHIND you alone should have DRS! Bug 2: Your rival and your Personal Best's ghosts occassionaly do not appear when watching the Time Trail Replay, even if you have them "ON" in the game settings!  (You see them during the Trial, but not always in the Replay!)

5 - A non-essential feature, but it's a nice feature and not difficult to add: Pressing the "look Left/Right" buttons or keys (*And players with VR helmets or face/head-tracking devices to look even up and down!) control the in-game head movements of the driver...the same way as your steering devices dictates the visual movements of your in-game steering-wheel and front wheels... 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:25 PM, RJ99 said:

Very important thing need to change in F1 2019 game is when you pass a driver that come out of pitlane or on track the AI car is almost completely standing still on track. They loose many second in that lap it happens...

Another thing is damage on the car in Time Trial because when you crash, even if it is very hard, you can drive around as if nothing happend. This is not realistic at all

It's called "Time Trail" for a reason... 

This means, your tyres don't wear, you don't run out of fuel, and engine doesn't wear. Time Trial gives you God Mode for the simple reason to keep improving your lap time! What you want is realism. For that you can go practise with full damage ON in career mode or Championship or Grand Prix mode.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, nilsdroide said:

I would wish if you can design more on your own helmet, possibly own logos, etc. so that the helmet is really individual to each driver. Of course, the team logos should also be visible on the helmet.

Sounds cool and to make this even more awesome, Codemasters should allow other players to see your creation during online sessions! Otherwise, what's the point of customizing your own helmet while you're the only one who can see it...(Modern developers don't allow others to see custom logos in games. Other players see the default! One Example: War Thunder.) If Codemasters won't let others see my own customized helmet, I won't even bother!

I would love to be able to have a simulation feature in F1. Anyone know if this is possible in close future perhaps? 

if not - is there a way to get in direct contact with the developers of this game so that were able to get a respons and get in touch. 

Thank you in advance for taking your time and for this great game - it misses the simulationpart thou, but i wish that it will come in a update. 

Best regards.

Jonas

Sorry for being late to this. I do have some things to add on, though.

Random failures need to be a thing, I can't say I won the championship because my rivals retired many times, in fact Hamilton, me and Vettel only retired once per season, but I wouldn't really mind losing the championship because of a mechanical failure. It's a part of the sport. Make it optional, let our mechanics botch the pitstops, let us have mechanical failures mid-way through the race, they don't have to just make our engine blow up, they can make our battery stuck in a particular mode, or be unavailable at all, turbo can be broken so we have less power, something that gives us a hard time and we can choose to stop the race if we think there's no point in continuing.

Don't make us lose reputation when we retire from a race that wasn't our fault. When you retire because your engine reached 100%, you are the one who loses reputation, if you get crashed out of the race and it wasn't your fault, you're still the one getting called like you're playing bumper cars or something. The game has a system that recognises who was at fault in a crash, it doesn't always work, but it at least shoud be put to work. I was retired from a race because Ricciardo crashed in me, the race director approved of that, giving Ricciardo a warning, but I still had my reputation decreased.

Track evolution is somewhat of a thing, but we saw in this years Aus GP that it's a huge part of the strategy and race. Track status should change dramatically from lap to lap, a decrease or increase in temperature should not only change the cars capabilities, but should also change the way we approach a corner. Lately I've started to enjoy wet races a little more because I can feel how the track changes literally from corner to corner. The track is a living being especially when you're in such a dynamic and reactive car as an F1 car. 

Last point, because this is getting too long now. Don't be afraid of the damn safety cars, how many SC's did we have last season? About every second race or so. How many did I have in my F1 season? Two. It's a bit ridiculous that the game is so afraid of stopping the race for me, the two safety cars that I had completely ruined the race for me because I couldn't maintain the temperatures in my tyres and that's a good thing, give me a challenge, let me have difficulties, throw it all at me. Don't be afraid to stop the race and ruin it for me. I understand there are people who don't like these random events, so make it optional and give us a safety car as soon as something serious happens on track.

If I create an open multiplayer session with No Assists, people join without realizing assists are off and leave as soon as the game starts.  In F1 2019 multiplayer, give players the option to view or sort games by difficulty level (assists level elite, beginner, etc.).  I don't like racing other people with full traction control because they can easily ram me off the road while their car sticks to the track.  And its more fun to race everyone on an equal playing ground.  No advantages! 

There is no way to know if a multiplayer game has assists off without joining the lobby and scrolling over to assists.  This makes finding no assist games very difficult.

1. Dedicated Server for multiplayer to prevent cheating/lags

2. Multiplayer: Forced view option for all e.g. cockpit

3. Multiplayer: Forced controller/wheel etc option

These are just the basics. Needless to mention smarter tracklimits, safety car... No FPS tyre heat bug etc

As mentioned above: "TOTAL vehicle control in the pitlane when ALL Assists are OFF!"

Track surfaces and bumps.  Certain tracks in F1 are rougher than others. Case in point Marina Bay where F1 drivers always complain about how rough the surface is compared to other tracks.  We should be able to feel the various track surfaces for what they are instead of a constant smooth feel for all tracks.  Let's put the bumps and chassis jitters in the game where they belong as tires and suspensions react to surface undulations and roughness.