Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 wishlist

My list would be focused on multiplayer

And my only wish is for the rules to be real just like in real F1 to teach the trolls to fair play.

The game is coming out earlier than last year. The release is only 3 months away. That means that none of our ideas are in this year's game because of us suggesting them. Any of our ideas that will end up in this game will be purely coincidental. For example, a user may have suggested to also have F2 in the game, but they were probably already working on that anyway. At this stage they are only focusing on smoothing out the features, bug fixes, etc. I.e. just getting the game ready for release.

Here's my wishlist for F1 2019

1.Since we will have the F2 drivers why don't they get promoted to F1 later on in career mode in the place of a retiring driver

2.Customisable Avatar just like in NBA 2K and in Fifa

3.Option to download helmets from other users like implemented in GT Sport

4.A less harsh penalty system

5.Ability to choose a different engineer voice i.e. Instead of Jeff I want to use that dude from F1 2013 (Sorry Jeff)

6.F2 Cars avalible for online racing

7.Option to start your career in F2

8.Option to not do the R&D tree in career mode

9.Bringing back classic drivers and maybe some classic tracks too

10.Giving the player an option to choose a podium animation, for example if I win I do a shoey or a default dance

11.Equal cars and customisable grid in single player

Just one thing:

Remove the interviews or give them a real sense. Every time my career is f****d up by stupid questions the lady ask me...been 5th on the qualify with Renault and "...such a shame, things doesn't went fine for you..." no?? Did you expect me to be in pole??? Or stupid questions abut car performances that will put me in bad position with the team...they seems totally random to me sometimes or probably just another bug. Doesn't matter how good I am on the track, if you answer something wrong (and sometimes you just CAN'T avoid the wrong answer) and team reputation is gone...Been 5th too on Brasil qualifying (and start as 2ns due to the ridicolous penalties for AI team...looks like every Gp they have to change some components)...looks like i was at the bottom of the grid...even the team and my agent said I had to improve...bah!

All i want is penalties that actually deter the rammers and corner cutters from doing so. Whilst the safety rating is a step in the right direction i've lost count of the amount of times i've been spun into a wall with terminal damage, ending my race. The culprit? Carries on their merry way with a paltry 2 second penalty. 

On 4/7/2019 at 11:04 PM, JaneTrpkov said:

Here's my wishlist for F1 2019

1.Since we will have the F2 drivers why don't they get promoted to F1 later on in career mode in the place of a retiring driver

2.Customisable Avatar just like in NBA 2K and in Fifa

3.Option to download helmets from other users like implemented in GT Sport

4.A less harsh penalty system

5.Ability to choose a different engineer voice i.e. Instead of Jeff I want to use that dude from F1 2013 (Sorry Jeff)

6.F2 Cars avalible for online racing

7.Option to start your career in F2

8.Option to not do the R&D tree in career mode

9.Bringing back classic drivers and maybe some classic tracks too

10.Giving the player an option to choose a podium animation, for example if I win I do a shoey or a default dance

11.Equal cars and customisable grid in single player

#1 very likely won't happen due to licensing limitations.

# 2 and 3 would certainly be possible and a welcome addition

# 6 and 7 I fully expect will be featured, 7 almost definitely, would be quite pointless if they've introduced F2 for it not to be part of the Career mode progression.

#9 and 10 would be great but this sounds like a lot of money for them for licenses!

#11 another good suggestion,  don't see that that's hard to implement.

It would've been a nice touch if the 3 podium winners could bring the car home parking at their respective race win spots. Remember the Canada Grandprix with Vettel exchanging the Number 2 sign with the Number 1 sign? I think it will bring a little more realism to the game if you're allowed to take an extra lap for fans waving at them and then bringing the car to a podium spot.

1. 90 years Ferrari Logo on Car/Overall/Gloves/Cap

2. The Vettel logo on Vettel‘s helmet 

3. An option to change the color by the number of the customization car, because a black number doesn’t looks good on a black car

Ok, perhaps a bit late, but here's my wishlist:

1.- Player Handicap Setting: I'm not Max Verstappen and even less Fernando Alonso. I'm just a casual gamer who wants to feel a realistic F1 experience. I'd love to see the AI doing a realistic laptimes and also breaking track records. I set the AI difficulty on 80, and obviously the AI is pretty slower with this level than real life. I would love to see a 'Player Handicap Setting' or something similar, that allows to increase some level of performance (tyre grip/downforce/engine power) for the player. In this way if AI is unrealistic faster in straights (for instance), I can set the 'engine power' setting higher for the player. All of this playing in solo-mode of course. In this way i would be able to set the AI difficulty on 110 and still fighting getting realistic laptimes. Some other top sport game titles (FIFA 19, NBA 2k etc..) allows to change this kind of settings for the player.

2.- AI Driver Skills Change: I'd love to see the AI drivers being as they are in real life on track. It would be great that the individual AI driver skills could be modified by the user. For instance, Gasly is pretty faster in the game than the real life, so it would be great to adjust some 'skill level'.. or maybe 'regularity'.. or 'aggresiveness'.. 'driving errors ratio' etc..

3.- TV Mode: When the player is in the pit, you can see other AI drivers as seen on the TV, but in unrealistic mode. It would be great to see it in fullscreen and with realistic TV overlays. Also it would be great to add shortcuts to change the onboard camera, change the AI player focus while you ara watching the TV mode in fullscreen.

4.- Player car settings optimized by AI engineer: As I said before i'm a casual gamer who loves driving a F1 car but hates to set the wings settings, suspensions, cambers etc.. And neither I have enough time to learn about it. Real F1 drivers can be helped by their engineers to find the perfect car setting, so why not the player?.

5.- Freedom in the pit: F1 2019 is a very realistic game, but this realistic experience is ruined when you enter to the pits... I think everyone is asking by this feature.

6.- Free practice mode outside career mode: This is absolutely vital, as I want to learn without entering in career mode and neither in quick lap mode. I want to simulate for instance, a winter test, or simply a free practice with the AI drivers, with empty grandstands and selecting the weather conditions, practice timing etc..

[EDIT]
7.- Configurable car engine power/downforce/grip (car physics): If the Honda engine improves 20 hp from one race to another in real life, i'd love to add this extra power for that engine in the game too. Also the game should allows the player to change the phyisical settings of any car, as they can improve creating a new front wing.. gaining some aerodinamic efficiency etc..

I'm a fan of Microprose Grand Prix series, and F1 2019 is my first Codemasters F1 game, and I really miss all of this features that the GPX series had almost 20 years ago. ([EDIT] ok, the #4 is missing)

Greetings.