F1 2018 is the best F1 game Codemasters have made so far but it still has features missing I would really like to see added.

1: Would love for F1 2019 to have a full Simulation Mode along side an Arcade Mode for casual games, set it up like Dirt 4 with the option to choose Gamer or Simulator Handling

2: Flat tyres fall apart as we're heading to the pits for a tyre change

3: Would love to see real F1 onscreen graphics like we see on Television

4: GIF of Car Setups for each part, you have a description for what each option does but for someone like me it's hard to understand so if we could get a GIF or a little video which shows us what the setting will do to the car would make things so much easier. I have learning disabilities and taking information in through text is difficult for me but video makes it so much easier to understand

5: Give us full control of our car, don't just steal control away from us when entering Pit Lane or at the end of the Formation Lap, let us align our car up and if it's not lined up correctly then we get a penalty like in real life

6: Bring back localised weather, in 2018 when it rains the entire track is wet where as in 2016 it could be raining in one section of the track but dry on another section

7: VR Support, please give us support for Rift and HTC VIVE, it makes the game so much more immersive

8: When Jeff speaks have him sound like he's speaking over the radio

9: Give us an option track trial that helps to teach us where the braking points are or an option to disable the racing line but enable a post that flashes or something 

10: Bring back your driver getting into the car in the garage, you've already got the video clip on your server from a previous F1 game

11: Give us all tyre options, just because no team used SuperHard tyres in F1 2018 season doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game

Am I missing anything? What else should be added to F1 2019?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

3) is also one of my biggest wishes

Furthermore I'd really like to have the possibility to save replays of my races offline and especially ONLINE!

Imagine we could edit the videos and release race highlights of league races :classic_love:

Helmet design editors (like in GT Sport) would also be great, maybe even with the option to implement advertising spaces on the helmet with the main sponsor of the team you are driving for for example red bull

• Agree 2

I want to be able when exiting pits, in p1-p3, to go to the end of pitlane and make a practice start.

• Like 1

So I've just been playing the demo for Project CARS 2 and they do two things that need to be in F1 2019, one as mentioned manual pits and two PC2 has a camera option that looks like we're looking through the visor of our helmet, helmet cam in F1 2019 would be fantastic.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, LLOYD1985 said:

11: Give us all tyre options, just because no team used SuperHard tyres in F1 2018 season doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game

? Pirelli chooses the tires for the tracks and not the teams...

And to add something to your list is that we should be able to save replays from online races like in forza for example. This would be cool for making videos for league racing etc.

12: better driver customisation. Like being able to chose our gloves color, being albe to chose our own led display on the steering wheel, can put or not our racing number on our helmet and bring back helmet design made by the community like in 2017

13: Red flag

14: inverted grid order in the pitlane to avoid being blocked by backmarkers when stopping

15: Mechanical failure for player

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, BULLDOZOR said:

15: Mechanical failure for player

You mean mechanical failures that would force the player to retire from a session (practise, qualifying or race)?

19 hours ago, bastek2504 said:

? Pirelli chooses the tires for the tracks and not the teams...

And to add something to your list is that we should be able to save replays from online races like in forza for example. This would be cool for making videos for league racing etc.

Saving replays and making videos sounds cool but if you were to post them online, wouldn't FOM have them deleted due to copyright?

Another thing would be starting an multiplayer lobby by yourself. It's so annoying when no one is online to start with you so you can train for league races. I would be happy if we could choose between: Invite only, friends only and also a solo lobby.

1: VR !!! - Please....

2: Saving replays for Online Multiplayer Races - A must for league races / eSports.

3: Allow third party apps like RS Dash detect more than 15 wheel buttons from the telemetry to support new wheels like Fanatec F1 2018 LE /  Formula V2 which have many buttons - i.e. Increase the number of Button Flags in the telemetry

4: Support for multi-position switches on Fanatec F1 2018 LE /  Formula V2 / McLaren GT wheels similiar to how iRacing does it.

5: Make multiplayer rock solid - no pit exit bugs, desync, RPM stuck at 13000rpm in spectator mode, etc

6: In spectator mode allow rewind of 10, 15, 30 seconds for streamers / broadcasters to catch crashes that have just happened etc

Edited by Brado23

Spectator Mode for Career as well, if you have Flashback disabled and you crash instead of retiring and that's it we should be allowed to spectate the rest of the race.

• Like 1

I wish that you can use one cockpit view camera setting for all cars. For every car you have to change the settings. And in some cars it's nearly unpossible to see the mirrors. Maybe you can cheat at the mirror position in cockpit view, for a better view?

• Thanks 1

I've been saying that I need to see 4 things added to the game before I buy F1 2019:

• Track limits properly defined
  • VR support
  • Force Cockpit option for online races
  • The ability to practice in single player with Equal cars

If that's in F1 2019, CM get another buy from me.  If not, maybe I'll see you in F1 2020.... 21? Never?

• Agree 1

Not quite sure I get the point of enabling red flags and/or mechanical failures that would prevent the player from finishing a race.  This is a game for entertainment purposes with the intention of the player being able to succeed.  I can see all the angry posts to CM now with frustrations about losing a critical race all because the game decided to prevent you from reaching the checkered flag...  Want to be forced out of a race?  Then just crash your car into a wall.  I digress...  

Some things I would like to see:

• A 'reset to X sector' option.  Particularly when using TT to practice a track it would be great to be able to bring my car immediately to whichever sector I would like to begin from.  That way if I wanted to, for example, repeatedly practice just sector 2 I could do so without having to run the rest of the lap or force a reset to the start of the lap.
  • Throttle and brake telemetry data with ability to overlay my inputs to my teammates (career mode) or selected ghost driver (TT mode).  This would be an invaluable learning tool for so many reasons.
  • Ability to customize the list of 'Jeff commands', so I can prioritize the commands I use the most to page 1 and in the order I prefer.
  • TT mode for intermediate tires.  We have full dry and full wet conditions as options - why not intermediate conditions?  I'm at my worst on intermediate tires, and it's because I can't practice with them as easily.
  • Ability to choose which dry tire compound to use in TT mode (which, in turn, means different leaderboards for different compounds as well).  It would be helpful to have the ability to practice on different compounds.
  • Practice programs outside of career mode.  It would be great to have these available as learning tools in a way that doesn't interfere with the progress of our career mode.  This could also be used as a way for people to experiment, and determine what an appropriate difficulty level would be for themselves.
  • More support for wheel button mapping.  Seems silly that I can't map LSB or RSB with my G920 on XB1.
Edited by DiGuB

The ability to do a season with a real driver!!! I know this is already on but championship mode needs more depth!!! Not everyone like creating there own driver and doing career mode. Make championships mode more in depth. Give us the ability to upgrade our car throughout the season just like in career mode.

• Agree 1

I would totally love it to have the tests (like this week in Barcelona) to test new upgrades or something like this.

Or a own mode where you can manage your own team or take controll about an existing team, because let's be honest, who wouldn't like to have a car launch every season ^^

Can you bring over some of the damage modelling from Dirt Rally? Splitters etc shatter and crack on there, and that's what carbon fibre parts do in F1 🙂

1. Button box / Keyboard support on console. ( need the ability to map mfd and other assignments)

2. Support for Fanatec Multi Position Switches

3. Jump to garage in multiplayer.

Anyone knows if csl elite formula for ps4 is mappable with its lx joypad ****? I can't seem to have this recognised at all. 

It would be a basic thing to have already on this year game, let alone 2019, considering the hefty price I paid for. 

Quite a few ideas to make the experience more exciting and real. Some small, others big.

Real broadcast graphics

This will make the game really stand-out, you'll be able to see the full order for the race/session while on track. Also include real intro graphics (e.g. circuit facts, circuit map, starting grid)

'My Team' mode

This can make it stand out like the DIRT series. Players can create an 11th team and control every aspect, hiring staff and drivers, signing sponsors and suppliers.

Increase media aspect of career mode

Speak to a wider range of journalists rather than just the same one and more options to choose from for the answers to the questions.

Choose your race engineer in career mode

Tired of having Jeff as your engineer? Why not select from a range of different people to have as your engineer.

Add classic circuits

We've had classic cars so why not classic circuits now too. Would love to see the likes of Imola, Adelaide, Istanbul and Nurburgring available to race on.

Mechanical failures for the player

Having engine and gearbox wear is fine but what if it fails without warning just like in real life?

More mistakes from the AI

Makes the game more unpredictable.

Longer podium celebration

Just seeing the winner receive the trophy and spraying champagne is fine but can feel rushed. Have all the drivers and representative of winning constructors receive their trophies and perhaps play a portion of the national anthem of the winning driver and constructor too.

Custom grid editor

Generate your own starting grid for race weekend mode if you want to just skip straight to the race.

Interactive pitstops

Use the controller to change the tyres and go into 1st gear and release the clutch to accelerate out of the pits. Failure to react quickly to switch up to 1st gear/release clutch should also result in an engine stall. Pitstops can go wrong in real life sometimes so it would reflect this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only one I want to have is - Saving Replay in multiplayer -

• Agree 1

My wish is that Codemasters will provide ALL GAMERS who play CodeMasters F1 games, with legal RIGHTS to publish IN-GAME FOOTAGE without risking Formula One Management taking down any video! I've had my long videos blocked or even monetized by FOM because the 4-second long Formula One intro, in-game REPLAY footage, and lately because of David Croft's and Anthony Davidson's pre-race In-GAME commentaries! 

It's about time Codemasters protect their clients, don't you agree?

• Disagree 1

1.Test Drives before the season starts

2.Red Flag

3.more Safety Car in the Carrer

• Agree 2

I mostly play career mode so the below is kinda a suggestion for that particular game mode. 

. Red flag

. More frequent Engine failures or mechanical failures in general to users

. Less wear on car components in career mode

. Two rewards system:money and points. Money can be won during the race. Points can be earned during free practice, qualifying and race. Money prize to be invested in upgrades or new engines, gearbox and so on in career mode which both team drivers can benefit from. Points are personal and can be used for same things as an additional investment (meaning further development of the car vs team mate) 

. Ability to move only points earned from one team to another

. Pre season test with ability to develop car parts faster (team money budget to spend at the start of each season) 

. More frequent Tyre puncture casualty when hit from behind 

. More penalty frequency to AI during race when collisions occurred and they are at faults

. Box to announce possible penalties applied to other AI cars 

. Wider or deeper interaction with media

. Interviews on the podium!!! 

. Ability for team mate to contribute to car development or no gauging at all from my success (at the moment is a bit of a one way street) 

. Pit stop release on manual to be fully manual... If other cars in proximity I still want the chance to get out when i want, even if I risk a penalty

• Like 1