Grid starts - totally different game than other modes

I seriously can’t for the life of me why are grid start races so utter garbage. Every single thing that could have been made worse, has, it is making the entire game unplayable. This game has become just a source of frustration rather than enjoyment. Differences I noticed compare to qualifying or sprint races:

- not playing against a human, the other “guy” is just an AI

- it’s IMPOSSIBLE (not hard, simply impossible) to get a start anywhere near the other 11 cars. By turn 1 I lose 3-4 places easily while the cars in front have a 100m lead.

- the AIs are simply insane. It can’t even be called aggressive anymore, it’s just ridiculous. When attacking me, they have absolutely no intention of making the corner. They simply use my car as the brake, throwing me out of the track. Which obviously results also in me suddenly moving at 40km/h and then getting a corner cut penalty. It’s quite funny if you think about it. 

- all other 11 cars are ridiculously FAST. Just ridiculous. Their acceleration on the straights is absurd. If I block an AI and cause him to brake, he drops back to 1s and then, within the next 100m f-ing FLIES past me

Check your accelerator activation in the advanced settings. There were a lot of reports over past few years of PS4 pads not giving 100% throttle.

Thanks for the reply. I’m playing on an iPad Pro with auto accelerate so I don’t think that applies. 

Then it sounds like you're in the wrong forum... this is for the F1 20XX PC/console games (though the forum name and description doesn't really make that clear). You probably want the F1 Mobile Racing forum...

Edited by scottishwildcat