Fuel load issue. (I'm sure it's been brought up before)

I finally received f1 2018 the other day for a valentines gift. I havent made an attempt to buy it because of all the bugs I've been reading about. The main issue I've discovered so far is going into my race strategy before the race. I'm in season 1 with alfa romeo sauber. About to start round 3 at china. I do 100% races. Australia was perfect as it gave me the option of up to an extra lap of fuel. Round 2 in Bahrain i was forced to start 11 laps short on fuel. Obviously it made my race very difficult. I ended up retiring due to a crash with about 15 laps remaining, and I was still almost 6 laps short on fuel. Now I'm pre race at China and I'm forced to start with 9 laps short of fuel. What the hell is the deal? I didnt get purple in either of my fuel saving programs in these 2 rounds. Is that the issue or is it an all out bug? Help! 

It is known in this game that doing Race Strategy programme breaks the fuel load for races (or was it Fuel Saving programme?). This bug was even back with launch version 1.04, and, apparently, it wasn't fixed.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, mantazzo said:

It is known in this game that doing Race Strategy programme breaks the fuel load for races (or was it Fuel Saving programme?). This bug was even back with launch version 1.04, and, apparently, it wasn't fixed.

Pretty sure you were right the first time, Race program wrecks it.

I would run them and with high difficulties I was having to really push on the race programs. The calculation would then end up suggesting I bring my own oil tanker with me.

So I started lowering difficulty of the practice programs a little. Then I could beat the Race program on Lean, and so they'd underfuel the car badly. 

On top of that, sometimes the fuel in car that the game is reporting is completely wrong anyways. More fuel is used going down the pits on pit limiter than when pushing on track for example.

Its kind of a hot mess.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for the input. It was indeed the race strategy program. Since I've skipped over that objective my fuel load pre race has gone back to normal for several races now.

• Like 1

During my seasons it was easy enough to get away with just running the other programs and forget race strat like you say. Still get max points or close. Occasionally you might miss out on 5 out of 25 points in the team goals but its a small price to pay!

You need to run the race strategy exactly how you would in the race...i.e. using rich mix on the long staights, standard on some of the shorter straights and faster corners and lean mix for the technical sections/traction zones...if you can complete the whole program using lean fuel mix the game thinks your planning on using lean mix the entire race which nobody in their right mind would...also your probably have the ai turned down way too low if you can beat the race program just using lean mix...just a FYI the original bug was if you’d restart a practice session and then run the race pace program it wouldn’t register you using ANY fuel and then you’d go to the race and be screwed which was fixed a long time ago...I will agree that during a race if the weather goes from wet to dry or dry to wet when it recalculates how many laps over or under your fuel target you are that may seem a little funky but honestly after just a few laps of paying attention to fuel saving you can go from being under fueled to being on target fairly easy...

SIDE NOTE:

The best way I’ve found to calibrate your ai difficultly is to use the quali practice program...after you run it if you look at the lower left hand side of the data screen it’ll have the estimated fastest lap for YOUR car and the estimated pole time(which is usually about 1 sec off due to using Max fuel mode in quali only)...for every tenth or a second to two tenths of a second you beat YOUR cars estimated best lap turn up the difficulty by 1 i.e if you have the ai set at 101 and it says your estimated best lap should be a 1:30.000 and you get a 1:29.850 on the practice program turn the ai up to 102...honestly its the best way I’ve found to keep the ai difficulty consistent across all the tracks because we all know the ai are mega fast at Bahrain and super slow at places like France and Austria

I run 50% races and usually am able to underfuel the car for most races at most I run like +1 lap of fuel and haven’t ever had a problem with the race pace causing my car to be underfueled...honestly I usually leave it where it has it unless it’s raining at the start then the calculations will be off

Edited by jrod22145
Double posted so I added another comment