Car handling physics suggestion

Dear Codemasters Management,

I would like to share with you my modification of Richard Burns Rally game done for Richard as a tribute to the only English WRC Champion and co-creator of in terms of simulation and realism of rally cars physics after Colin McRae 1 and 2 your genious titles.
It has been over 15 years since the true rally simulation fans have been awaiting similar game which in some aspect Dirt Rally 1 has brought and I believe the second part will.
And despite the the beauty of Dirt rally 1 and 2 I think due to gameplay/car handling/ driving physics the game sales is and may be limited as there are massive communities of rally simulation fans demanding the physics aspect to be as real as the cosmetics of the game.
Please download my mod, and give it as many tests as you wish, in order to benefit from it for your own purposes and for satistfactuon of the customers.
My modification is accessible for free and the game also classified as abondonware so there is no need to worry about copyright of any kind.
I have worked on this mod for about a year, I have called it RBR WRC Legends and I have used best drivers, cars, videos, photos, music and real historical information to give this game a fresh spirit.
I have worked on the gameplay/car handling physics for most of the time and have a good knowledge of how the good handling engine should work, therefore would love to share or cooperate in your rally games in the future.
Here is the link to download
Please give me feedback if possible.
Very kind regards
Przemyslaw Guminski from Southampton

Przemek I think you may find that each engine's physics implementation is vastly different and they already spent a lot of man hours developing theirs and testing it. So what you created would most likely take Codies an entire overhaul of their physics engine to integrate and the game is already out on the market.  Maybe they can find some useful algorithm here or there though who knows.  I'm just saying don't hold your breath.

Edited by bn880

Hello guys,

I am a very passionate sim racer and rally driver. I love Dirt Rally 2.0. I will give my opinion on physics as I've raced rally cars for 3 years (2015-2018) in Australia. I have raced a small Hyundai Front Wheel Drive car(950kg, 100hp), Rear wheel drive Holden(1500kg, 200hp) in forests/autocross and Subaru WRX Sti 2004 (1500kg, 250hp)
Youtube video & channel with onboard videos; this one below is the Hyundai 

I use OSW Simucube wheel and Fanatec V3 pedals, with Fanatec handbrake on my rig. Simlab P1 chassis.

I will break down my feedback by Category;

Tarmac physics: 
No comments yet

Gravel Physics:
Front Wheel Drive: Seems pretty good, I feel overall more grip in DR2.0. I will say the acceleration traction/speed of the cars from standing start and in general is much more than real life. The surface variation across the road is modeled pretty nicely in DR2.0. I feel like the tire interaction with the surface is pretty nice also, there's nice variation. I will say in real life there is better feeling of the fine detail balance compared to Dirt Rally 2.0. Like in real life small touches to brake and steering affect the car balance, where in Dirt rally 2.0 i find myself being more aggressive with inputs to make the car do what I want.
RearWheel Drive: Basically same as above, however On-throttle power oversteer seems not controllable like in real life. I should be able to plant the throttle and manage the rear end quite easily(DR1.0 was great in this respect), but I can't in DR2.0 - I have to mange the car sliding and throttle input a lot more to keep control and speed of the car.
4WD: Same as above. Feels very good compared to real life. But again much faster in traction that in real life. I think 4wd is the closest of all 3 drive types. 

I will also state the wet surface modelling and variation with the ruts on the road is fantastic in DR2.0. I think the wet surface in DR2.0 is more like real life dry gravel feeling in my opinion. I like how accurate driving and neat driving is rewarded in DR2.0.

I encourage more development on the feeling of the cars compared to their real life counterparts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

its still not a 100%sim but we are getting closer. and the end product is realy good. 

Now you can actualy feel what each tyer is doing, in Dirt1 the car was... lets say "Self centered?" i mean the car was spinning and turning like there was a pole in the center of the car. it was wierd some times. 

Edited by ImTheOx11