Sign in to follow this  

Paid DLC pricing

How much would the paid DLC cost?

We know the paid DLC will be split into 2 seasons over 6 months (3 each), but what will be the price of season 1 and season 2? And all together? 

Codemasters states it will be cheaper buying the Deluxe edition but how much? The price of the game has started going down from some suppliers so it would be nice knowing that as a consumer. 

Can anyone confirm if the game will be supported beyond paid DLCs? Im talking in regards of bug fixing or small improvements. 

The game looks like one I will enjoy but there are many things to clarify to consumers yet. 

I'm also waiting for the season pack pricing (PC, UK) ideally please.

Regarding support, they've asked for people's input on what they'd like to see (hot seat mode please!), so I imagine they will be weighing up these suggestions and deciding on what to work on next, but I don't believe there are many specifics yet. It's also been confirmed that multiplayer 'clubs' should also arrive shortly after release and obviously VR in summer. I expect support in terms of bug fixes for the length of time DLC is produced though.

Seeing the price difference between normal and deluxe editions the official price should be around £25-£30? So maybe £15 per season? 

21 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Seeing the price difference between normal and deluxe editions the official price should be around £25-£30? So maybe £15 per season? 

Normal and deluxe difference is GBP20, so guessing maybe 15 each too. But would be good to know.

I've noticed the deluxe edition contains a season 1 token and a season 2 token, not a season pass. Does this mean the purchaser uses this 'token' to acquire any one of the three planned DLC's per season and then pays for the other two if he decides he wants to add them? 

If that's the case then assuming all planned DLC's are a very conservative £10 each then six packs and a £54 digital copy of DR2 makes this a very, very expensive investment..

Well if that is the case then £75 'all in' is an unusually generous offer - especially considering the fact that 'Codemasters' and 'generous' are not normally two words you find in the same sentence. But that being said, DR2 is mere days from launch so a little official clarification of what people are buying into wouldn't go amiss.

Slightly off topic but i'm also curious as to how DLC will integrare into the main game and how possible it will be to create custom rally championships that includes future planned content. 

2 hours ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I've noticed the deluxe edition contains a season 1 token and a season 2 token, not a season pass. Does this mean the purchaser uses this 'token' to acquire any one of the three planned DLC's per season and then pays for the other two if he decides he wants to add them? 

If that's the case then assuming all planned DLC's are a very conservative £10 each then six packs and a £54 digital copy of DR2 makes this a very, very expensive investment..

Each of the two paid DLCs includes everything on the season, but instead of giving you everything in one go, it's spread over 3 months. My understanding is that you can not buy individual things inside of that paid DLC (season). I guess you pay £15 x 2 and you get the full game (equivalent to the Deluxe edition), and I guess after that, unless things change a lot, Dirt Rally 3.0 in late 2020.

There is a SHOP link inside the game, but no explanation about that as far as I know.

Edited by CodingRacer

22 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Each of the two paid DLCs includes everything on the season, but instead of giving you everything in one go, it's spread over 3 months. My understanding is that you can not buy individual things inside of that paid DLC (season). I guess you pay £15 x 2 and you get the full game (equivalent to the Deluxe edition), and I guess after that, unless things change a lot, Dirt Rally 3.0 in late 2020.

There is a SHOP link inside the game, but no explanation about that as far as I know.

Items can be purchased individually, but there is a saving for buying the season passes.