Hardcore damage - not hardcore at all

Hi devs,

First thing - I love you so much, the game looks astonishing.

There are some visible flaws however..

I did not play the game yet (as I don't have early access), but what I can see from some youtube videos & streams, the hardcore damage mode is not hardcore enough.

You can't just do 3 barrel rolls, hit the rock, and jump to the forest from road, and still have your car running without a problem.

For a refference you can look to this video by Jimmy from 3:03:35 till 3:05:00

Also you can watch Rally Sweden 2019 wrc highlight to see how long it takes to get out from the snow - how it's possible that if you end up on hte roof, it just adds 4 seconds to the time?

Please make the hardcore damage mode more hardcore!

Still having my deluxe edition pre-ordered and being really excited about this game, keep it up. Can't wait to do another 400 hours in this game.

Thank you,

Kaleb

• Agree 12

It would certainly be nice to have total mechanical failure. Perhaps even random mechanical failure (if it isn't already in)

Mechanical failure in the latest f1 game was great I thought. If i cut too many corners I want to know it's at risk of puncture or suspension failure. Tough to get the maths right on those, but a lovely feature it would be.

• Agree 1

@Rallystu2 terminal damage is actually there, but it is not easy to achieve that. You have to hit a tree or something solid in really high speed. Aggree with the F1 damage model, something is better there (front wing damage/engine failures), however still I would expect a lot more from hardcore damage in rally.

Yea terminal damage is there, I mean more random mechanical failure. Lose a couple of gears, lose engine power for no real reason. Etc

• Agree 4

Yes it appears hardcore damage is just broken at this point, and needs to be fixed urgently. Terminal damage should be much easier to get from hitting rocks and trees face on. 

• Agree 2

seriously i was hyped up for "hardcore" damage when they announced it but nope, still can roll cars and still have 100% performance.

A roll needs to more often than not terminal your car and if it doesnt, make it pretty undrivable as very rarely the tires and alignment survive unscathed.

• Agree 3

I agree, we need more realistic damage management. a small example: coming along a curve, slamming against a wall I should find myself with a damaged arm and wheel. this not necessarily at high speeds. the lack of real damage allows a still too "flat out arcade" driving

• Agree 3

Agreed, I've been seeking hardcore damage since DR 1 and it still doesn't exist it seems.  Why?  It's an option, so... let us have the real deal please.

• Thanks 1

^ I would like to add that the Hardcore damage is actually a big improvement over DR1.  Still not quite real though for really doing serious damage to your suspension at least.

While it's a big improvement over DR1, I would even push it harder 😄

• Agree 1

I don't understand why it has to be like pulling teeth to get realistic levels of damage from Codies.  If it's an option.  And then the option is inapplicable where it matters most, career.  WHY?  Just free us from these bizarre shackles CM.  Give people options or at least more realism.

• Agree 1

Amen... I agree and would love to have better hardcore mode.  Would make it a much better carreer mode since you would truly have to take care of your car.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Terminal damage should happen with one direct hit (tree etc.) at about 80-90 km/h speed. Come on, it's totally optional mode, why hold back on realism?  A car will not collide at that speed, and continue rally IRL. This is what made Richard Burns Rally so convincing, you had genuine "fear" and it made you drive differently (realistically) because collision had consequences. Now you can be over-confident

Also HC damage should be possible to use in Career mode. I see little point for it in elsewhere, realistic damage starts to matter when there's many stages and you have to repair it. (Lighter damage would happen easier too)

Edited by KahvaEel
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thank you to all for the comments. Would be nice, if someone from Codies would actually respond to us if it's somehow possible to make the hardcore damage more hardcore... :).

Posted (edited)

Terminal damage and random mechanical failures already in game.
Please try it before suggest sg.

Edited by mesa
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mesa said:

Terminal damage and random mechanical failures already in game.

It may be in game, but the damage is weak af. Like, inconsequentially weak. Why would you make My Team so "hard" with the always online, limited restarts, costs for repairs, and then not even use hardcore damage in it?!?

It's asinine. And to top it off, the hardcore damage is basically just the normal damage model with a 1.1x multiplier to it - or that is how it at least feels. I'm no more scared of the berms and sides of NZ on "hardcore" than I am in casual "normal" damage. It just doesn't feel hardcore whatsoever. 

Edited by CatBadders
  • Agree 3

di hardcore non c'e nulla. solo pubblicità per vendere di più. la gente però non è stupida. questa volta hai avuto 90 euro, la prossima..? non mi vedi piu, vendi solo ai bambini.

Seems like nothing happened yet, do you guys have different experience?

Posted (edited)

Seems like it's a design choice and I'd be very surprised if they changed it because of a few posts on this forum. But I have to say, I seriously do not understand this concept of making a racing game unrealistic just for the sake of making it easier. And it doesn't pertain just to the damage model, but also to grip levels, which are too high, in general, in most cars and on all surfaces. I'd much rather prefer this game to be as close to reality as possible, in these two aspects, and surely I can't be in minority?

Edited by Pistro