Stage degradation ... how it works

Hello fellow rally fans,

Can anyone explain how stage degradation will work on multiplayer? I know the principle in real life, but how is it implemented on Dirt 2 multiplayer?

Will it actually work as intended?

Thank you.

I don’t know about multiplayer, but I started 150th on the road in career mode last night, and I could really feel my little Fulvia moving around in the ruts! 

Great to see it´s implemented on Single Player ... Curious to know how does it work on Multiplayer though - where we´ll be for the next months 🙂

Guess you mean leagues when you say multiplayer?!

In normal multiplayer all drivers compete at the same time.

In leagues it should be quite difficult as not all competitors compete at the same time, so the driving order for the next stage can't be calculated after one driver completed the stage. And the first driver who drives in the league is always the first on track, but maybe he would be 12th after some other guys made their runs. But then he has already done his stages...

Maybe they calculate for each driver depending on how many people drove before him, so waiting for the last day to compete isn't always the best way and the early birds might have a better strategy?!

But I'm not a beta-guy so I just can speculate...

just done a video in the rs200 with full degradation in wet gravel . really can see feel the difference when playing. game changer. video here

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 1

I wonder if this means the road "rubbers in" on tarmac Stages (Spain), where starting last gives you more grip.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I wonder if this means the road "rubbers in" on tarmac Stages (Spain), where starting last gives you more grip.

Usually it's the other way around. The more cars that pass, more dust is brought into the road with cutting. I'm interested in see how that will work in asphalt.

1 hour ago, LutzM said:

In leagues it should be quite difficult as not all competitors compete at the same time, so the driving order for the next stage can't be calculated after one driver completed the stage. And the first driver who drives in the league is always the first on track, but maybe he would be 12th after some other guys made their runs. But then he has already done his stages...

Maybe they calculate for each driver depending on how many people drove before him, so waiting for the last day to compete isn't always the best way and the early birds might have a better strategy?!

This is exactly my question! So, when you set up a room with some friends to play a Rally, how stage degradation works?

6 hours ago, JoaoPedro418 said:

This is exactly my question! So, when you set up a room with some friends to play a Rally, how stage degradation works?

7 hours ago, LutzM said:

I’m guessing that stage degradation won’t occur in league play or daily/weekly events. There are likely to be a few thousand in the events and I can’t see it working.

Deformation needs  to be in leagues. It would be amazing.

And it shouldn't be a fair fight. If you come first you get the cleanest stage, but you are also setting the pace - something a lot of people don't like to do. So many leagues I'm in we will have 3-4 set Day 1 times and then barely a trickle until the last 2 days when everyone starts posting times. Fine, you want to wait to see the pace? Deal with ruts the size of the Grand Canyons. Don't want that? Get to sweeping!

• Like 1

A solution for leagues would be for the system to assign the degradation to each player according the point standings regardless of when people decide to do their run. First event of the season could be random. 

• Agree 2

On gravel from my Acropolis rally perspective, if you start behind you get better road with tracks on gravel and you go faster. On DiRT2.0 i didn's see that but i got a stiffer car without feeling the trails on my ThrustMaster T300RS.

Isn't this how degradation should work?