DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1 - found a bug? Post it here!

Hello

the ffb on my small mige is very average
impossible to apply automatic rotation. it remains blocked at 900 °

a lot of jerks despite the "collision" parameter close to zero
it comes from the "suspend" setting as long as it's too high

regarding jolts, I also had this problem on dirt rally 1; problem I had fixed by downloading another effectsetup_v2.xml file that corrected this problem.

But there is no xml file on dirt rally 2

on dirt rally 2 there is also a lack of information about dirt and gravel tracks.
We do not feel bumps like in dirt rally 1

concerning bitumen tracks, it's actually better. The Porsche in Spain is a treat but these jolts ruin the pleasure

this ffb looks more like dirt 4 ffb and does not feel like dirt rally 1

sorry for my bad english

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I'm on XB1 X version 1.01. Encountered problem when on tire compounds other than Medium. Just get a big black box on screen that doesn't go away. Restarted game, still happens. 

15 hours ago, thescousestig said:

XB1 sound cut off completely driving at 90 mph down a dark track. After spitting my tea everywhere before colliding with a tree I thought it best if I logged it.

Same happened to me once as well, wasn't sure if it was PC though. The audio audibly popped off and didn't come back until finishing the race and going to the menu.

11 hours ago, euphoreon said:

Rumble triggers don't work on PC :classic_sad:

Definitely a bug... surely

I'm not sure they work ever. AFAIK the controller basically uses the X360 driver. Do they work in any other game?

10 hours ago, BG21 said:

I feel almost the same. Just don't feel/get enough information from wheels. I'm using Fanatec Clubsport..

I'd like to point out I've mentioned this several times. The best feeling things in game are cattle guards. I've got a Fanatec GT2. The degredation is a cool feature, but you don't really feel it in the wheel at all, it's mostly just centering forces. Our early demo build had excellent FFB though, don't know what happened.

10 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Also Phil's pace notes seem to go very loud and out of place sometimes for no reason (not speed or aggression related) almost as though he's recorded them later and patched them in. 

We've mentioned it multiple times. There's also a few stages with missing notes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Same for me in a low end pc, brightness in low graphics is really bad, you cant even see, hope it will be fixed soon

The blurriness and lighting issues reminds me very much of Mafia 3. It looks almost the same.

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I'd like to point out I've mentioned this several times. The best feeling things in game are cattle guards. I've got a Fanatec GT2. The degredation is a cool feature, but you don't really feel it in the wheel at all, it's mostly just centering forces. Our early demo build had excellent FFB though, don't know what happened.

Yes, the cattle guard are fine, their feeling, but nothing is felt on the track ... it is correct that centering forces are fine, but the vibration is absent.

I hope they fix it, because the game is incredible

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I have you adjusted the settings for your wheel? Turn everything up if it feels like theres nothing.

Phil, the FFB just isn't very good. I've maxed out everything together and individually, and in combinations. It just doesn't work well.

6 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

on wheel ffb setting the game don't let me change two parameters: tyre slip and engine

Same, I don't know why they have those settings but no one seems able to access them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Phil, the FFB just isn't very good. I've maxed out everything together and individually, and in combinations. It just doesn't work well.

Same, I don't know why they have those settings but no one seems able to access them.

the betatesters told that the ffb was good......

is there something broken in the gamefiles on steam???   🤔

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

the betatesters told that the ffb was good......

is there something broken in the gamefiles on steam???   🤔

I'm a beta tester and I never said that. In fact I've explicitly stated that I've been using a controller instead of my wheel because of it.

Someone mentioned that TM wheels seem to be okay, but not completely sure.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

I'm a beta tester and I never said that. In fact I've explicitly stated that I've been using a controller instead of my wheel because of it.

TM wheel here, T500RS, and there's barely any vibration despite center forces being working 100%. I've got my values for the vibration parts at 120. In DR1 those were as low as 30 or less. Guess it's just broken.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Riggs said:

TM wheel here, T500RS, and there's barely any vibration despite center forces being working 100%. I've got my values for the vibration parts at 120. In DR1 those were as low as 30 or less. Guess it's just broken.

I have the same issue on my Ps4 with the Logitech G29 

7 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Out of curiosity, do ruts affect your centering force or not? Don't think mine shows any real change. To be clear I mean the degradation ruts, not the physical "baked in" ones.

My GT2 has little vibration motors in the wheel itself which in DR1 rumble like crazy, but in this they barely turn on, and are very weak when they do.

3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Out of curiosity, do ruts affect your centering force or not? Don't think mine shows any real change. To be clear I mean the degradation ruts, not the physical "baked in" ones.

My GT2 has little vibration motors in the wheel itself which in DR1 rumble like crazy, but in this they barely turn on, and are very weak when they do.

Sorry I haven't tested the game long enough to notice that. I only played it for like an hour, more than half of which was spent fiddling with the settings.

47 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

It isn't great and it could definitely be improved, I was just trying to help him out with getting more feeling out of it. My G25 FFB has never been and never will be as good as newer wheels and hasn't ever felt that amazing which is probably why I don't feel its that bad but for people to say its undrivable is just silly.

36 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Tm wheels it’s no good, i have T300 (ps4) and the ffb looks like dirt 4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

It isn't great and it could definitely be improved, I was just trying to help him out with getting more feeling out of it. My G25 FFB has never been and never will be as good as newer wheels and hasn't ever felt that amazing which is probably why I don't feel its that bad but for people to say its undrivable is just silly.

Okay, it's not undriveable, but it's not very good and generally disappointing. I just spent 3 days testing it with my wheel and the entire time I was wishing it had more like our early build.

It's at the point where every other racing game I have has better FFB... Except for The Crew probably, although I was surprised by how decent that actually turned out to be considering the entire rest of the game.

• Agree 1

T500RS here, working fine on other racing titles (AC, Dirt Rally 1, ...)

I have the sames issues everyone is reporting, no road feels, no vibrations, only centering forces and collision/cattle guards response, nothing else, nothing on road. I tweaked settings for more than an hour, independently and together, to see which one does what. I came to the conclusion that this can only be a bug, can't imagine that's not. We need this to be fixed as soon as possible, possibly before the game come out officially, otherwise you will have a torrent of bad reviews from wheel users and sim racers, i guess. Seems strange to me that no beta testers/youtubers reported this and said that the feeling was great, even better than dirt rally 1.

An other problem i have is i use a 5.1 optical connected with dts "conversion" (not up-mixing, just transmitting the input canals) . The soundboard doesn't report to the game that's 5.1 capable, so we need an option to manually set/force the sound output to 5.1, in game or with tweaked config file.

EDIT:

On the ffb menu, i also have two greyed out settings, tire slip and engine effect.

Also, we definitely need and options to automatically switch between h-pattern+clutch and sequential according to cars factory setup, as someone reported before.

Edited by Pek94
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

The german lady who is my co seems to know all the tracks by heart :classic_blink:

Seriously, this screenshot was made during a replay in the Polo R5 somewhere in poland - sorry, didn't write the stage name down. Playing on Steam.

Also having the FFB-issues but the game looks great so far! Loving the details, like graphic that shows how the tyre is worn - great!!!

20190222205417_1.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gauthier said:

I just bought Dirt Rally 2.0 and i have no force feedback at all, i play with a G29 logitech on a Ps4 Pro. I moved every slider to 150 and then i have a litte bit more feedback, but you don't feel bumps or the road. it's like you drive with a normal car on a normal way. I had a lot more feedback in Dirt rally 1. The feedback works only when i pass a gate. 

Is this a bug?

exactly the same for me : Xbox One X, Trustmaster TS-XW racer : Only the dumpers's force a returned to the FFB, not the Tyres's forces, not the vibrations from the ground, It's works fine with the same controler and console in Dirt Rally 1. I also noticed that the FFB's parameter to settle the ground felt was missing, while it is in Dirt Rally 1.

Edited by Didd31
  • Like 2

PC player here. I have a possible bug to report with DR2.0.

I have a gaming headset that I play with, while on my laptop. It's a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2, to be precise. For some reason, I get no audio whatsoever in the game. Other games have no problems playing audio through my headset. I checked if the headset was the primary audio playback device, it was. I checked if the sound frequency was set to the right setting, it was. Finally I tried the game without the headset connected and it played audio through my laptop speakers normally. What is happening here? Can someone give me a suggestion on how to get around this problem? If not, at least I've reported the bug I found. Help is appreciated.

I'am also affected with the absence of road/whell feeling : Deluxe edition dematerialised Xbox One X with Trustmaster TS-XW racer.

It seems that only the forces coming from the shock absorbers are returned to the FFB, but not the tires, not the vibrations of the road. I noticed that the FFB parameter that was used to adjust this in dirt Rally 1 is absent in Dirt Rally 2. In Dirt Rally 1 It works very well at home with the same console and steering wheel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@ChristinaMc

I noticed you haven't responded to the FFB issues? Is this something that is a top priority to fix so we can all enjoy the game without having to go buy a thrustmaster wheel? 

I have seen this issue reported everywhere from here to Reddit and YouTube.  The Game would be absolutely amazing if we could feel the road textures.

I am Using a CSW 2.5 and Like others have said I can feel the weight of the forces but nothing about surface detail. Gravel feels like smooth asphalt.

Also it seems this problem is affecting console users as well as PC users. Myself being a PC user.

Edited by Rigle
  • Agree 2

@ChristinaMc

I would just like to say that the latest patch for the Xbox One has fixed the issues with the DLC not showing up, thank you for the quick fix, time to get stuck into all the extra dailies and weeklies that I can enter now!

**BUG REPORT**

When watching a replay, even with Co Driver Calls set to "Off", when watching in Mixed Replay Channel, you still hear the Co Driver whenever the camera is on an interior shot, or the overhead Helicopter camera.

I believe this bug is a hangover from previous DiRT games?

Post redacted.

Edited by mirk1983
I can not read propperly :)

With reference to the ffb. I use a Thrustmaster t300 on ps4 pro, and whilst the self aligning torque and wheel friction are very good there is no road noise or particularly notable grip sensations. So it isn't just a steam or non thrustmaster issue.

That said, the self alignment and friction are great, I've had to turn them down a lot which is always a good sign. Just no road feel....apart from cattle grids which also feel very good.

• Agree 2