DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1 - found a bug? Post it here!

another bug: seat positions cannot be changed - can select buttons, but nothing happens (G25)

Just now, TimiMimi said:

another bug: seat positions cannot be changed - can select buttons, but nothing happens (G25)

Only on second Cockpitview (with Wheel)

This might be an Xbox live bug, but I leave it here - Adaptable achievement stuck at 75%, and I'm pretty sure I completed a stage with every weather conditions.

Also as others mentioned above - the car is clean as new at every stage starts. (Xbox One)

Noticed a few issues with pacenotes. One corner called as "right 3, tightens 2" when it's actually a tight entry which opens on exit and I recall at least one chicane called as right entry when it's actually left entry. I'm also struggling to get used to the pacenotes system in this game (I know, this is just personal preference) with the bend radius called before the direction. In some respects it feels very flat compared to the calls in DR1. I get the overriding sense of Phil Mills sat in a big comfy armchair as opposed to being strapped into a rally car.

There's also the complete lack of surface information though ffb (already discussed to death so I'll not add any more). It's also annoying having to manually change between h pattern with clutch and manual sequential depending on what car I'm driving. An option to force mirroring of the actual cars transmission would be great.

The fact that the handbrake input seems to function as an on/off switch is also infuriating as it makes good handbrake control almost impossible. It would also be nice to see a value in degrees next to the fov slider because as it stands it's not possible to accurately set fov for those of us using a rig.

Then we come to the racenet issues. Suffice to say I haven't been able to complete a single multi stage online event without a stage dnf due to racenet issues. I haven't even bothered starting a singleplayer campaign yet due to this. I've also had a couple of random crashes over the past couple of days that have kicked me back to the desktop.

The game feels like it has a lot of promise but personally I'm not able to enjoy it with the issues as they are. The physics feel great (tarmac feels vastly improved) and visually I think it looks fantastic but all the little issues added together make the game in its current form a frustrating experience.

21 hours ago, Tim451 said:

Noticed a few issues with pacenotes. One corner called as "right 3, tightens 2" when it's actually a tight entry which opens on exit and I recall at least one chicane called as right entry when it's actually left entry. I'm also struggling to get used to the pacenotes system in this game (I know, this is just personal preference) with the bend radius called before the direction. In some respects it feels very flat compared to the calls in DR1. I get the overriding sense of Phil Mills sat in a big comfy armchair as opposed to being strapped into a rally car.

There's also the complete lack of surface information though ffb (already discussed to death so I'll not add any more). It's also annoying having to manually change between h pattern with clutch and manual sequential depending on what car I'm driving. An option to force mirroring of the actual cars transmission would be great.

The fact that the handbrake input seems to function as an on/off switch is also infuriating as it makes good handbrake control almost impossible. It would also be nice to see a value in degrees next to the fov slider because as it stands it's not possible to accurately set fov for those of us using a rig.

Then we come to the racenet issues. Suffice to say I haven't been able to complete a single multi stage online event without a stage dnf due to racenet issues. I haven't even bothered starting a singleplayer campaign yet due to this. I've also had a couple of random crashes over the past couple of days that have kicked me back to the desktop.

The game feels like it has a lot of promise but personally I'm not able to enjoy it with the issues as they are. The physics feel great (tarmac feels vastly improved) and visually I think it looks fantastic but all the little issues added together make the game in its current form a frustrating experience.

On the pace notes issue, Phil Mills was always a very calm caller of notes. Also the chicane system is strange, it isn't based on entry side any more but rather the first turn you have to make. Instead of left ENTRY it'll be right chicane or something.

Edited by Rallystu2

On 20/2/2019 at 13:02, ChristinaMc said:

Ciao a tutti,

Piuttosto emozionante, l'edizione Deluxe di DiRT Rally 2.0 verrà lanciata il 22 febbraio 2019 - a soli 2 giorni di distanza! Per quelli di voi che si tuffano nel gioco al più presto, per favore fateci sapere qui se si sveglia qualcosa di strano - qualsiasi problema tecnico, bug, problemi di connettività, ecc. - tutto sembra essere scivolato attraverso le fessure della nostra fine. 

Assicurati di fornire la piattaforma su cui stai giocando e quanti più dettagli possibili sul problema che ti si presenta: screenshot e video sono benvenuti se aiutano a illustrare il problema. 🙂

Grazie,
Christina 

I have a T300 steering wheel, I set the function on the R3 key (auto recovery), the problem is that it does not work. if I go out of the way, I click on R3 and do not answer. I also heard other people with this problem, even with different steering wheel

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

I have a T300 steering wheel, I set the function on the R3 key (auto recovery), the problem is that it does not work. if I go out of the way, I click on R3 and do not answer. I also heard other people with this problem, even with different steering wheel

I can confirm that my recovery button does not work either. Fanatec CSW 2.5

On 2/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Dytut said:

I did get a weird bug aswell today. When driving the DS21 I suddenly had the right front wheel appear floating around about 2 meters from the car at start, and it flashed around all over the screen when driving the stage. 

I had that in RX

14 hours ago, Rigle said:

I can confirm that my recovery button does not work either. Fanatec CSW 2.5

I use a keyboard for car recovery my self but, I notice that there seems to be a delay before you can recover the car. You have to stand still for some seconds before recovery option is available to you. Maybee that’s why?

Personally I think this delay is most welcome as I know lots of fast drives in D4 that pushed the recovery button as soon as they where loosing control to save time and avoiding car damage. I also think recovery penalty is way to low still. Should at least be 30 sec or more.  

Edited by mirk1983

When you look at the online rankings, and activate the friends filter, your time isn't displayed.

Not really a bug but should be easy to fix...

Hello

My game craches when i start rallycross in carrer mode. Works in rally and all other events but not rallycross. 

21 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

On the parents issue, Phil Mills was always a very calm caller of notes. Also the chicane system is strange, it isn't based on entry side any more but rather the first turn you have to make. Instead of left ENTRY it'll be right chicane or something.

I disliked it initially, but after a few more races with it I understand why they went with it and it actually isn't that bad. The chicanes are nothing like they were in DR1, where they were just a chicane in a straight line. Now the chicanes are actually inserted into obstacles and corners. I've seen chicanes that are basically a line through, to ones with a "left entry" but exited with a 1 Left or even a Hairpin Right on one of them. So while the new system really messed up my entry for chicanes, it has also helped me setup much better for the exit when it was an exit into a corner

• Agree 1

Hi there. Please fix this: s 0xf8366f09 in module 'd3d11.dll' + 0xd6f09. d3d11.dll
I have win 7x64, crash comes after i finish the race in career mode, and when screen with rewards must uppear, i have mark "no signal" from videocard(but have a game sounds and may move in menu) and after 5sec game crashes.
If possible, done it at dayone patch)
I have a deluxe edition, and hope for some understand from your side, guys

Hi there. Please fix this: s 0xf8366f09 in module 'd3d11.dll' + 0xd6f09. d3d11.dll
I have win 7x64, crash comes after i finish the race in career mode, and when screen with rewards must uppear, i have mark "no signal" from videocard, and after 5sec game crashes.
If possible, done it at dayone patch)
I have a deluxe edition, and hope for some understand from your side, guys

Hi!

When i start a multiplayer game, my controls completely shuts off right after its done "Creating Session" screen. The game doesn't crash, but i cant do anything. I can use the mouse and hover it on the menu buttons, but clicking doesnt doesn't do anything and after a while the cursor disappears and i have to Alt + F4 to get out.

Any ideas? 😞

I tried to join a friends multiplayer game and the same thing happens. I cant do anything after it connects to a game. Also tried to start with windowed screen, but no luck.

I got latest windows and system updates installed.

fix

Disable Steam overlay for Dirt rally 2

Right click Dirt rally 2 on steam, choose properties and uncheck the "Enable the Steam overlay in the game"

Capture.PNG

Edited by Tequ666
fixed

Just starting a race at North fork pass on career mode PS4 and the sky is completely blue and somehow its pouring with rain ???

Basics

Edited by LSP1

Few issues

1. FFB weak on fanatec clubsport v2

2. FFB Tire slip and engine greyed out

3. FFB Wheel friction and tire friction are not even there.(big issue)

4. I got the black boxes in the middle of my view bug a couple of times. Destroyed my weekly.

5. The supercar lites class car I received from Deluxe edition has unfixable broken windows (front and sides)

6. A delay in turning input from wheel? It's hard to say with extremely weak FFB with 0 tire friction on so the only small force I feel is tire aligning torque. Cars are very difficult to keep on road (even with just maintaining speed no acceleration) with this issue. Also get bad understeer and weird snap oversteer (mid drift).

7. The glare I get in hood cam is extremely annoying and needs to be removed. It's not even noticeable in other views only hood cam and it's so bad. Headache ensuing feature it's hard enough to see the road with the blurry issue as well.

This is all I found so far

EDIT: on Xbox one x

Edited by Fizzlenog
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Basics would be a screenshot 😉

Im not lying , sorry but all the sky views in the build up and when racing are clear blue, but it is pouring with rain somehow. 

just read the above sentence then you wont need a screenshot ! simple

At our work, a software system, when report a bug we ussually add screenshots or a video combining it with URL and stuff, to make it clear as possible and the developers can solve it as quick as possible.

i would suggest when report a bug, try to post a video or screenshot. That will make it more clear if it is an bug in the graphics settings, or in the procedure how a stage loads, etc.

f.e. with PS4 is really easy to record or make a screenshot and post it. 

What for you is clear, doesn’t mean it’s clear for someone else. It’s maybe CM task to fix things, but we can at least try to help to make things a bit more efficient. Solving bugs will take time, basically there will be less time to develop the game more content.

I'm amazed nobody has reported the rain as a bug. Heavy rain in the career mode in New Zealand seemed to appear as long bright white streaks, like huge icicles or streaks of lightening. It made the stage completely impossible to complete in a sensible time. This is on PS4 btw, here's a brief video to show. I've never seen rain like this, and I'm in England where it rains a lot! :classic_blink:

• Agree 1

PS4 pitch dark (undrivable)during daylight in some stages. The gamma is weird. Please check because None of my other games requires me do any adjustments including Gt sport. 

I have to jack up the brightness in game up to 2.0 to see a slight pinkish curvature of the road.

Edited by FlaChen
Add some details