Sign in to follow this  

Steering lock at Sochi track..

3 hours ago, Meterkenci said:

There is exactly same problem in Melbourne...

yes happened today

5 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

What does your car setup look like?

it is not about setup.. the car is not understeering the car is not moving left or right...

Just been talking to the team about this one - it does seem that the steering issue occurs when DRS is activated, which is to be expected - like a real F1 car, turning is much more difficult when the DRS is in use, though this becomes an issue when the DRS zone is on a section with a slight curve, like Sochi.

Best advice at this point is to deactivate the DRS when the curve begins to tighten, towards the end of that Sochi straight. Same advice if you experience this on another circuit; if the DRS zone falls into a section with a tightening curve, tap the button to switch it off and focus on making the turn 🙂

• Agree 1

I'd expect the reduction of grip due to DRS to be mostly over the rear wheels?

If so, why doesn't DRS induce oversteer in a high speed sweeping turn?

On 3/1/2019 at 7:11 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Just been talking to the team about this one - it does seem that the steering issue occurs when DRS is activated, which is to be expected - like a real F1 car, turning is much more difficult when the DRS is in use, though this becomes an issue when the DRS zone is on a section with a slight curve, like Sochi.

Best advice at this point is to deactivate the DRS when the curve begins to tighten, towards the end of that Sochi straight. Same advice if you experience this on another circuit; if the DRS zone falls into a section with a tightening curve, tap the button to switch it off and focus on making the turn 🙂

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Are you joking? Tell me this is a joke.. 

The car is not moving left or right while DRS is on.. instead the world is turning.. not like actual life...  look at the picture..

518D08DA-6482-4FAA-9EC8-A6C1579C614C.png

Posted (edited)

I replicated what you see but think the physics is correct.  If you add braking assist, brake is automatically applied before the turn

That turn is off camber (sloping towards the outside), the car is light with DRS on, almost flying, there's a 4 wheel drift to the right (not oversteer), the camera is rotating as the left side suspension is unloading and starts to lift off the track.

I tried a different line with an earlier, smoother turn in to straighten the curve and got through ok with DRS on. Car is setup for high handling.

Edited by StKnowhere

On 2/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there, we're looking into this now - seeing if we can replicated it and identify any issue to fix. Could you give us a little more information please, such as the device and steering/input options you're using? Thanks 🙂

On 2/26/2019 at 3:47 AM, Meterkenci said:

There is exactly same problem in Melbourne...

I noticed it doing the same to me. My thought is that when i apply too much aero and light weight of the car it becomes very fast but also becomes rather “skaty” thru the corners. If i dont slow down a little the car gets loose off the corner and almost wants to spin out. I let my car coast thru some corners and it has definitely helped. Less downforce makes you go faster but you also have less downforce thru the corner. Keep working to find a good balance. 

On 2/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, StKnowhere said:

Maybe try a setup with less power and more handling?  (add the front wing.

I get through ok with this:

AF5BC7A2-3F6A-467A-BDFF-52D7AF48CDD9.jpeg

I did experience some of this as well. Even with a green line going into the corner my car “Pushed” thru the corner ( did not want to turn). That is due more to handling. May not need to touch the brakes in those areas but if you are carrying alot of speed you may need to “Burp” the throttle. Seemed to help me 😊

Maybe another way to think about it is the car is so light at that velocity, it's like being on ice.  You want to establish your momentium direction before the turn.

I've been using the line above with brake assist and DRS no longer shuts off before I initiate.

Same problem at France circuit sector2

This issue occur when DRS driving