Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF feels dead in DR2 as compared to DR1

31 minutes ago, Grendel_SX said:

Looks like Codemasters are aware of this issue. Just read a tweet saying they are working on it as well as Racenet issues.

That's good to hear, for me it's a no buy while the ffb is like that

On 2/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, Rallycameraman said:

DR1 FFB was rubbish. 

DR2 feels so much better on my T300. I’m sure some of the other Beta testers will be along soon with their tips. 

DR1 FFB got a major update a bit later in its development. Although effects of the wheel maybe not be REAL to some, they compensate for a lack of "seat of pants" forces that you get through the body IRL.

In other words, the more info conveyed through the wheel, the more quickly you can react to what the car is doing. That's a good thing. 

Finally got my Mac Pro running Windows 10 properly, and got my hands on DR2.

Coming from Dirt Rally (I own the PC version, Mac version and PS4 version and tried them all just to compare before posting) and other Codemaster's games (basically everything on multiple platforms) I can confirm this is definitely an issue.

I can say that in some areas, the FFB feels MUCH better - I can catch slides easier in some spots and some of it feels better, but it otherwise feels completely dead. The only time there is any sort of rumble effect is when going over a "grid" (cow trap) which feels perfect and like what I should feel in other areas when hitting bumps or edges of the road etc.

Besides that, it also just feels sort of dead and also kind of heavy even when I started turning the settings down.

For Dirt 2, I am currently only running it under Windows 10 on PC (well, Mac Pro) with an unmodified Logitech G29 and a second Logitech Driving Force GT as a handbrake. I've tried different configurations thinking perhaps the second wheel had an issue but FFB greyed out ("driver" something) and I set it to disabled. I also set the DFGT to a "handbrake" - (I have a piece of a Mic stand taped to the throttle pedal sitting on a snare stand at the right angle for a handbrake, works well enough but I'll be building my own soon from scratch)..

It makes it very difficult to play. It's also difficult watching people with a Direct Drive enjoy the game with seemingly no issues (Jimmy Broadbent - a quite popular YT sim-racer guy seems to love the game, but has a DD rig, if he has mentioned any issues I haven't seen them) :(

I want to enjoy this game! And please bring VR back! And add clutchless shifting if rev-matched, absolutely need it!@#$

Specs:

Mac Pro 3,1 running Windows 10 (native NOT vm, fully updated)

32 GB FB-DIMM Ram

SATA SSD as Primary Storage, 2xRAID0 2.5" 500gb as Storage (games on storage) installed on sata card

NVidia 960GTX on 419.67 with surround view enabled running at 5140x1050

Logitech G29 w/Shifter as Primary Wheel (Calibrated, Logitech SW installed/updated)

Logitech DFGT Brake Pedal rigged as Handbrake (FFB disabled, set as Handbrake in game)

I haven't read through this entire thread, so apologies if it has been mentioned. But you guys have edited the input config file, right? It makes a world of difference (on my G920 at least).

50 minutes ago, ForbiddenEra said:

Finally got my Mac Pro running Windows 10 properly, and got my hands on DR2.

Coming from Dirt Rally (I own the PC version, Mac version and PS4 version and tried them all just to compare before posting) and other Codemaster's games (basically everything on multiple platforms) I can confirm this is definitely an issue.

I can say that in some areas, the FFB feels MUCH better - I can catch slides easier in some spots and some of it feels better, but it otherwise feels completely dead. The only time there is any sort of rumble effect is when going over a "grid" (cow trap) which feels perfect and like what I should feel in other areas when hitting bumps or edges of the road etc.

Besides that, it also just feels sort of dead and also kind of heavy even when I started turning the settings down.

For Dirt 2, I am currently only running it under Windows 10 on PC (well, Mac Pro) with an unmodified Logitech G29 and a second Logitech Driving Force GT as a handbrake. I've tried different configurations thinking perhaps the second wheel had an issue but FFB greyed out ("driver" something) and I set it to disabled. I also set the DFGT to a "handbrake" - (I have a piece of a Mic stand taped to the throttle pedal sitting on a snare stand at the right angle for a handbrake, works well enough but I'll be building my own soon from scratch)..

It makes it very difficult to play. It's also difficult watching people with a Direct Drive enjoy the game with seemingly no issues (Jimmy Broadbent - a quite popular YT sim-racer guy seems to love the game, but has a DD rig, if he has mentioned any issues I haven't seen them) 😞

I want to enjoy this game! And please bring VR back! And add clutchless shifting if rev-matched, absolutely need it!@#$

Specs:

Mac Pro 3,1 running Windows 10 (native NOT vm, fully updated)

32 GB FB-DIMM Ram

SATA SSD as Primary Storage, 2xRAID0 2.5" 500gb as Storage (games on storage) installed on sata card

NVidia 960GTX on 419.67 with surround view enabled running at 5140x1050

Logitech G29 w/Shifter as Primary Wheel (Calibrated, Logitech SW installed/updated)

Logitech DFGT Brake Pedal rigged as Handbrake (FFB disabled, set as Handbrake in game)

Jimmy has been vocal how poor the FFB is as well.