FF feels dead in DR2 as compared to DR1

Have messed around with force settings a bit, I can't get the FF to give the type of... feedback that I am used to in DR1. I have heard some people say that rally cars are a bit more insulated from road feel, but when hitting a rut or going off the road, it all feels very numb with the only forces that I am experiencing some resistance when turning and the centering effect. Am using a Thrustmaster TS-PC wheel with the latest drivers and firmware.

What are some of the force settings that you use and seem to like?

Edited by Grendel_SX
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I am having the same issue using a Logitech g920. I feel literally no effects from the Tire Friction and Suspension settings. I feel these just fine in DR1 and can turn them up quite high. I don't even feel the slightest bit in DR2, even if I turn everything else to 0. So I can't really feel the surface/texture of the road. I also can't feel any ruts in drive into...which is a big deal considering the new degradation system. Or is it normal not to feel this stuff through the wheel?

I've been tinkering for 2 hours. I've even gone back and forth between DR1 and DR2 to feel the differences (which are huge). I can't find any solutions online yet.

Edited by Makakulani

I'm using a Thrustmaster T150, and the FF seems stronger and better in DR2. It was one of the first things I noticed. I haven't adjusted the settings at all.

• Sad 1

It seems very similar to the FF in GRID Autosport. I too get no feeling of the road surface like in DR1. I guess I need to drive a real rally car...

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

DR1 FFB was rubbish. 

DR2 feels so much better on my T300. I’m sure some of the other Beta testers will be along soon with their tips. 

• Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

DR1 FFB was rubbish

DR2 feels so much better on my T300. I’m sure some of the other Beta testers will be along soon with their tips. 

sorry, but why do you say that ffb in dr1 is rubbish? I feel it good, but the ffb in dr2.0 is not there, maybe I should touch something of the configuration?

• Agree 1

DR FFB had very little centering forces. This is one of the reason tarmac felt bad as the wheel was pretty much dead in the water.

DR2 FFB has much more natural centering but less "gravel rattle" felt through the wheel. 

I don't mind because I don't want my wheel to vibrate under and circumstances.

My only gripe with the FFB is that I get really big variations in FFB force now and then when I start the game. No idea if it's my end that is the problem though. Still investigating. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

DR1 FFB was rubbish. 

I'm using a T300 too and on mine the SAT seems to be ok but hitting bumps and jump landings effects are pretty much non existent.
Can you feel jump landings?
And could you share your settings so I can give them a try?

• Sad 1

I'm having the same issue. I mean the center forces are ok, but I barely feel the wheels and the road.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

DR1 FFB was rubbish. 

Settings won’t help there is no road/tyre feel coming through. The general self aligning torque and centering are ok but the  road and tyre details are numb. Much less immersive than DR1

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Also using a TS-PC racer, the force feedback feels rather bland.  Seemed more exciting in DR and D4 but yeah, the road texture feel seems to be missing.  Gravel feels basically as smooth as tarmac which is a bit off putting.  The car handling is wonderful though, and the steering wheel otherwise works great.  I have noticed in the force feedback settings my 'tyre slip' and 'engine' settings are grayed out and cannot be modified.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

It felt dead, until I calibrated the wheel.

It seems that calibration is needed to make Force Feedback working

• Agree 1

Using an OSW the road feedback is very muted, I can turn it right up but then going over a cattle grid tries to rip my hands off!

Otherwise I feel the sensation of driving and feel of the wheel feels better in DR2.0

I also have 'tyre slip' and 'engine' settings grayed out and cannot be modified

Xbox one X with thrustmaster tx leather, no feel of surface. Centering force there but that's all.

Are window wipers doing their own thing again?Mine definitely seemed to be.

Turned game off no point playing probably going to try get refund. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, tvvang said:

Xbox one X with thrustmaster tx leather, no feel of surface. Centering force there but that's all.

Are window wipers doing their own thing again?Mine definitely seemed to be.

Turned game off no point playing probably going to try get refund. 

I really hope they work on that FFB. And I have the same exact problem with the wipers as well.

• Agree 1

I am using a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition on Xbox One X. Default Steering Rim and default pedals. I too have the issue that DiRT Rally feels very good with this wheel, but I have not yet been able to dial in the settings and FFB for DiRT Rally 2.0. I am still enjoying the game, but I am sure there has got to be some tweaking that will improve the feel and make this as enjoyable as DiRT. Tried to duplicate the wheel and FFB settings from the original DiRT to 2.0 but it seems different. Can anyone who is currently getting good FFB feel and steering control post their detailed settings? Could help as a starting point. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, DChaps said:

Can anyone who is currently getting good FFB feel and steering control post their detailed settings? Could help as a starting point. Thanks!

I found this article and was hoping it would help me since I am using the same wheel as the author. I set everything to just how he has it, but I almost can't feel anything at all. It makes me wonder if my wheel is broken, but it works fine with other games, including DR1. Maybe there is something different between the beta and the full release. Maybe it is a bug. I have done so much tinkering and I can't figure it out. At any rate, it is incredible disappointing.

I am new to these forums. Can anyone tell me if the devs read this stuff and respond to it? 

https://www.codecmoments.com/dirt-rally-2-0-wheel-settings/

Hello, it's the same for me : Xbox One X, Trustmaster TS-XW racer.

I can't feel the grownd , only the dampers's forces are returned, not the Tyres's Force and vibrations, so driving on tarmac, small gravel or big gravel it's the same, I don't feel the drift either.

What I find strange is that it lacks the adjustment options for the felt of the ground, as there was in Dirt Rally 1

It work fine with the same controler on Dirt Rally 1.  

Greetings

• Agree 1

G27 here, rather poor FFB.

I jump around, the car visibly gets thrown around in the ruts, I get spun by forgetting the ruts etc. However, the wheel doesn't give any feedback on that at all. It feels so weird driving along with a car that shakes more than dropped jelly, and my wheel is all "nice sunday drive on the finest motorway ever, eh mate?"

Dirt Rally 2.0 has missing FFB compared to DR. That is for all wheel users. I hope they fix that. Nothing Drivehub can do here.

G25 works with TH8a and my homemade hand brake in DR2.

Here are my settings:

I short calibrated it to 540 degrees, as that is what most cars seems to be having in DR2.

Linearity 0
Saturation between 60 and 70 . 70 for now as it dampens my input.
Soft lock ON . to make use of my calibrated 540 degrees.

feels pretty spot on :)

edit linearity = 0

FFB is the same as everyone else. Not up to DR1 standards
Edited by MarcoMaas

Yeah they need to sort this. No feeling from the road at all. I've been playing F1 recently and the tracks feel bumpier than the rally tracks do on this. Must be a bug surely. 

• Agree 1

Same here with a Fanatec GT2:

No road bumps, gravel, ... not even crashing at top speed into a rock! even in that case there's no feedback at all on the wheel.

I remember Dirt2 FFB being amazing. CM is going backwards.

Looks like Codemasters are aware of this issue. Just read a tweet saying they are working on it as well as Racenet issues.