Jump to content

FOV in Dirt Rally 2.0

Recommended Posts

Hope we can get a calc that gives the vFoV setting for DR2, for now, that project immersion site seems to give a good number even though it's doubling it for DR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a camera mod already exist (i don1t remember the url). Just unzip a file with sub folders into cars folder and you're done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Hope we can get a calc that gives the vFoV setting for DR2, for now, that project immersion site seems to give a good number even though it's doubling it for DR.

Well that's exactly what it is, it's just doubling it.  So you have a calculator basically on the immersion site, use any other game that has vFOV like Assetto Corsa and you have the right answer that's not doubled.   Then you can use the -5 / +3 table someone posted above to know how many clicks up or down from center you need to adjust (hint, almost everyone needs to do some negative clicks, and most people need to go to smallest FOV possible)

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 6:30 AM, AlexSchouba said:

 

it's nothing but think it's 4° to 4° like Dirt Rally 1

 

-5 = 30vfov

-4 = 34vfov

-3 = 38vfov

-2 = 42vfov

-1 = 46vfov

0  = 50vfov

+1 = 54vfov

+2 = 58vfov

+3 = 62vfov

+4 = 66vfov

+5 = 70vfov

 

à voir

Just in case anyone sees this, it's incorrect, we already know the values from CM, starting value (center) is 55.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I play on 32 inch TV.  Distance to my eyes is 80 cm.  What fov  is recommended for me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, bn880 said:

https://andyf.me/fovcalc.html

now has DR 2.0 output.

These are my settings if i was on PC. Cant really make sense of them though. Is that -3 clicks? 

Anyone on PC up for taking screens for me closest cockpit cam with FOV -3 to see the difference.

 

Screenshot_20190420-123508_Chrome.jpg

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

These are my settings if i was on PC. Cant really make sense of them though. Is that -3 clicks? 

Yes, it's -3 clicks from default middle position, since it's value is 55 and each click corresponds to 5 degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reading through this thread it’s interesting to see how helpful and active codies were on this forum a a couple of months ago.

Edited by Pieman99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

These are my settings if i was on PC. Cant really make sense of them though. Is that -3 clicks? 

Anyone on PC up for taking screens for me closest cockpit cam with FOV -3 to see the difference.

 

Screenshot_20190420-123508_Chrome.jpg

I think calculator is wrong - in Dirt games FOV must be vFOV*2 - 82 in your case, or +5 clicks.

In my case it shows -5 and vFOV - 29. If I set -5, i can't play - it's like slow motion movie. But if i set +1 (vFOV*2 = 60 ) - it looks perfect.

 

This calc looks better: https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

Edited by virgism
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, virgism said:

I think calculator is wrong - in Dirt games FOV must be vFOV*2 - 82 in your case, or +5 clicks.

In my case it shows -5 and vFOV - 29. If I set -5, i can't play - it's like slow motion movie. But if i set +1 (vFOV*2 = 60 ) - it looks perfect.

 

This calc looks better: https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

No - The calculator is totally right.  You are using a double FOV from what it should be with the other calculators.  If you can't play, raise it knowing it's not realistic, or upgrade your setup.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup the Andyf calculator is totally accurate. The reason it feels like slow motion is because you have been used to using an artificial fov. The doubled numbers you see on some calculators only applies when editing the configuration files in the original dirt rally.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A-M-A-R-85 said:

Yup the Andyf calculator is totally accurate. The reason it feels like slow motion is because you have been used to using an artificial fov. The doubled numbers you see on some calculators only applies when editing the configuration files in the original dirt rally.

I don't think so:

https://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/howto.php?g=DR

Even Dirt devs are telling, that correct FOV in Dirt games - vFOV*2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, virgism said:

I don't think so:

https://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/howto.php?g=DR

Even Dirt devs are telling, that correct FOV in Dirt games - vFOV*2

The information on the project immersion website is accurate, but you must note that it is giving instructions on editing the configuration files (not the in-game slider) AND, the information on that page only relates to Dirt Rally 1. So none of the information on that page relates to 2.0.

A developer in this thread has already told us the correct values in 2.0, and the Andyf calculator has matched it. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, A-M-A-R-85 said:

 

A developer in this thread has already told us the correct values in 2.0, and the Andyf calculator has matched it. 

A developer also told, that Project immersion calculator is showing correct values - and it shows 57 for me, not 29 or -5, like Andyf calculator.

Edited by virgism
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, virgism said:

A developer also told, that Project immersion calculator is showing correct values - and it shows 57 for me, not 29 or -5, like Andyf calculator.

It's not showing correct values for vFOV for DR 2.0.  All you have to do is check how wide the road is on your monitor versus in your real car... its so blatantly obvious it's not funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that the slider bumps up do not change by the same value as the slider bumps down, i think it's like 5 one way and 3 or 4 the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Remember that the slider bumps up do not change by the same value as the slider bumps down, i think it's like 5 one way and 3 or 4 the other way.

From -5 to 0 it's 5, from 0 to +5 it's 3.

-5 = 30 vFoV

0 = 55 vFoV

+5 = 70 vFoV

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone take screens of default FOV in 1st cockpit cam and again -3 clicks.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

Could someone take screens of default FOV in 1st cockpit cam and again -3 clicks.

Cheers

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-dy5LsvqtB1u.jp

Default FoV =0(55)                                                                                Minus 3 clicks = -3(40)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bogani said:

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-dy5LsvqtB1u.jp

Default FoV =0(55)                                                                                Minus 3 clicks = -3(40)

Didnt work mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly certain cockpit/dashcam isn't affected by the FOV slider.  Headcam and bonnet cam are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Fairly certain cockpit/dashcam isn't affected by the FOV slider.  Headcam and bonnet cam are.

Weird.

What is headcam? The 2nd cockpit cam?

Edited by FLAW3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird? yes, and no - dash cam (the first interior cam you cycle to) is designed to show the dash in the view, so if you started playing with FoV you'd potentially mess that up.

Head/helmet cam is the second internal view you cycle to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×