FOV in Dirt Rally 2.0

I think that DR 2.0 FOV is pretty similar to Assetto Corsa, i have AC FOV 35 and DR 2.0 35 and the speed immersion is close to similar in both games.

If i use projectimmersion calculator, it says to but FOV to 65 in DR 2.0 and it's way off, in Assetto it says 32 and it's correct.

Edited by Karppuuna
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Karppuuna said:

I think that DR 2.0 FOV is pretty similar to Assetto Corsa, i have AC FOV 35 and DR 2.0 35 and the speed immersion is close to similar in both games.

If i use projectimmersion calculator, it says to but FOV to 65 in DR 2.0 and it's way off, in Assetto it says 32 and it's correct.

That is because Project Immersion doubles the FoV value, and that only applies if you use the ini-tweak for Dirt Rally. For Dirt Rally 2 you don't do this ini-tweak so if PI gives you 65 it should really be 65/2 to be correct.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, bogani said:

B7EK5aT.jpg

Awesome. Thanks alot buddy.

Such a big difference. Please Codies give us FOV options for consoles.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, bogani said:

That is because Project Immersion doubles the FoV value, and that only applies if you use the ini-tweak for Dirt Rally. For Dirt Rally 2 you don't do this ini-tweak so if PI gives you 65 it should really be 65/2 to be correct.

Please read it again:

DR1 and DR2 have same FOV values - and it's a vFOV*2. PI is correct - CM confirmed that.

Edited by virgism

17 minutes ago, virgism said:

Please read it again:

DR1 and DR2 have same FOV values - and it's a vFOV*2. PI is correct - CM confirmed that.

The value given in Project Immersion only applies if you have done the ini-tweak that PI suggests for DR. 

Use this calculator to give you the correct FoV value for Dirt Rally 2.0.

https://andyf.me/fovcalc.html

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, virgism said:

It is correct but it displays a value that is doubled. You need to divide it by 2 to get a correct value that will correspond to FOV settings in Dirt Rally 2 game menu. If you still don't get it use this simple trigonometry calculator instead: https://ostermiller.org/calc/triangle.html. In the two "Side" boxes on the sides of the triangle enter a distance from your eyes to the top and the bottom of your display, and in the bottom "Side" box enter the height of your display. Resulting FOV angle will be displayed at the top after clicking on "Compute".

Edited by Pistro
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Pistro said:

If you still don't get it use this simple trigonometry calculator instead: https://ostermiller.org/calc/triangle.html. In the two "Side" boxes on the sides of the triangle enter a distance from your eyes to the top and the bottom of your display, and in the bottom "Side" box enter the height of your display. Resulting FOV angle will be displayed at the top after clicking on "Compute".

And I need to divide trigonometry calculator value by two ?

7 hours ago, virgism said:

And I need to divide trigonometry calculator value by two ?

No you don't.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:56 AM, virgism said:

Please read it again:

With all due respect, Mike likely said that because the vFOV /camera isn't changed from DR1 to DR2 and that calculator was correct for DR1.  However how you use the value from Dr1 to DR2 has changed as you aren't entering it in a config.  So, don't hang on to what CM said, you don't really even need them as part of this conversation once you got your FOV click values as we have, because you can use geometry and physics/optical calculations to check everything.    Stop for a minute thinking of what people tell you, and use your own brain as it were to consider whether what you see in the frame of your monitor is what you would really see on the monitor if it was a physical window in your car at that distance etc.      Use your arms if you have to to touch the corners of a road in Spain at your bonnet, do the same in your car on a similar width road, is everything ligning up?  It is super easy to check as we are talking a factor of 100% error.

44 minutes ago, bn880 said:

No you don't.

But it gives same value as PI calculator (~60) 🙂

Edited by virgism

1 hour ago, virgism said:

But it gives same value as PI calculator (~60) 🙂

No it doesn't.  You're entering different information then.

Please share your eye distance to screen and your screen height.

Edited by bn880

I think this value :

-5 = 30vfov

-4 = 35vfov

-3 = 40vfov

-2 = 45vfov

-1 = 50vfov

0 = 55vfov

+1 = 58vfov

+2 = 61vfov

+3 = 64vfov

+4 = 67vfov

+5 = 70vfov

are right if you play on single monitor 16/9 (without vFov X2)

But if you play on triple monitor with Nvidia suround like me, this value are wrong. you can see that : try to change in graphique option full screen to windowed screen without border and restart game . the FOV are changing like single monitor 16/9 expanded and the value become right  (without vFov X2)

On 5/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, AlexSchouba said:

I think this value :

-5 = 30vfov

-4 = 35vfov

-3 = 40vfov

-2 = 45vfov

-1 = 50vfov

0 = 55vfov

+1 = 58vfov

+2 = 61vfov

+3 = 64vfov

+4 = 67vfov

+5 = 70vfov

are right if you play on single monitor 16/9 (without vFov X2)

But if you play on triple monitor with Nvidia suround like me, this value are wrong. you can see that : try to change in graphique option full screen to windowed screen without border and restart game . the FOV are changing like single monitor 16/9 expanded and the value become right  (without vFov X2)

What is your settings? Iam on triples too

with PC, on fullsreen graphic option with triple screen the FOV value( :-5 = 30vfov,  -4 = 35vfov,  -3 = 40vfov,  -2 = 45vfov,  -1 = 50vfov,  0 = 55vfov,  +1 = 58vfov,  +2 = 61vfov,  +3 = 64vfov,  +4 = 67vfov,  +5 = 70vfov) are wrong , for exemple 55 degree vfov = 0 on slider with single sreen 1920x1080 is not the same fov with triple screen 5780x1080 

on triple screen the fov is very low and i don't know wy.

May be Codemaster dev team can say wath is the measuring scale fov on triple screen 

hope 

Does anybody know what is the FOV for dash cam? Is it 30 vfov?

How it can be translated into actual FOV since position of the camera is different?

It's not possible to set the FOV below a certain point?

For example: I have an vFOV in Assetto Corsa of 22

That's not reachable in Dirt rally 2.0 or I can't find any file to put a number manually in.

Then the next problem will be the limited pitch and height adjustment... DR 2.0 is a real pain in that regard 😞

On 4/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, FLAW3D said:

Awesome. Thanks alot buddy.

Such a big difference. Please Codies give us FOV options for consoles.

Maby at last patch for DiRT Rally 2.0, FOV adjust for consoles??!!??

I have 15 step zoom at my TV, somekind of workaround:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully for future titles the FOV and driver position adjust feature will be improved, it's pretty weak as it is.

• adjustable FOV on all platforms
  • adjustable FOV in every view
  • separate FOV and position settings for different views
  • FOV adjustable per degrees, not in large chunks
  • driver position adjust that allows movement in every direction
  • limits on the driver position adjust far less restrictive
Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 2

+1 for FOV on consoles. My xb1x has no problems with it on pcars2 or wrc8. Surely you can overcome this most annoying problem and at the same time shut us all up 😉

I’ll add my plea for fov parity on consoles, it’s an absolute must for any title serious about being a sim.

In addition most people require a narrowing of fov, less scenery to render, so should be less of a strain on gpu, at least this seems the case on ac and pc2

• Agree 2

On 4/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, MJV1973 said:

Maby at last patch for DiRT Rally 2.0, FOV adjust for consoles??!!??

None planned, sorry.

Also, 1.14 isn't the last patch for the game 😉 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

None planned, sorry.

Also, 1.14 isn't the last patch for the game 😉 

Could you please tell me why it´s not planned, is there any reasonable reason for that why it´s not included in game since day 1?
I understand you can´t increase FOV but we need to decrease it!
It´s on other Codemasters console titles like F1 2019, but not with DiRT Rally :classic_sad:

But great that Codemasters will support game also in future.
Hope you could also make performance upgrade (at least 4k textures) for upcoming consoles.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MJV1973 said:

is there any reasonable reason for that why it´s not included in game since day 1?

I understand that changing the FOV values on console has implications for the graphical load placed on the game/console itself, in terms of how many assets need to be drawn or culled.

On PC you can get away with changing FOV because there's greater variety in player hardware and graphics settings as a whole.

• Thanks 1