Sign in to follow this  

We need "Manual H pattern + Clutch OR sequential" option added back

Refer to the attached screenshot from Dirt Rally 1 (ok, your attachment system is broken so see the image link instead).  This option meant that you could bind controls for h-pattern shifters and sequential shifters and the game would apply the appropriate control scheme depending on the car you're driving.

In it's current state Dirt Rally 2.0 only allows you to choose one or the other.  If you have sequential selected, then all cars are sequential.  If you have h-pattern + clutch selected, then all cars are h-pattern.  This means you need to enter the settings menu and change the transmission setting yourself to suit the car you're driving.

Absolutely smitten with the game otherwise - a wonderful spiritual successor to the first game.  Hopefully this is an easy fix as it's a significant 'quality of life' thing.

https://imgur.com/a/znSfgm6

Edited by mshagg
  • Agree 4

Hey, glad to hear you're enjoying the game! And thank you for your feedback on this - I'll make sure it goes back to the right people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a thought, as different devices works simultaneously, like my paddles and my sequential stick, is there anything hindering the h-pattern to functioning at the same time? 

• Like 1

In addition to this. On my G27 "gear up" and "gear down" is by default mapped to both paddles, and 3rd&4th gear. Seemingly as a poor-mans way of having sequential gear box (as the G27 doesn't have sequential gear box). However, when actually driving, only the paddles work. Making the controller settings feel a bit pointless.

+1, I made a thread about this asking if it would be in for release but never got a response. Hopefully they can patch it in!