Remove Always Online for the Career!

Remove Always Online for Career?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please Remove Always Online for Career

• Yes please! Remove it.
    • Leave it in!

Why Codemasters?

Online single player, really?  After the VR announcement I jumped on the preorder train ... always online single player ... jumped off.

I don't understand this ideas there is absolutely no sense in online single player beside annoying the fans.

• Agree 2

This is an absolute joke. I’ve paid the extra money to access the game early and all I’ve had so far is intermittent racenet. Sometimes I’m stuck in the loading screen after an event for 3-4minutes while it “communicates”. This always online nonsense needs to be removed straight away and compensation should be given to those who paid extra for the special edition and haven’t been able to play it consistently. Even in “offline mode” I am confronted with a 20-30second long “uploading - please wait message” after every single event. 

Edited by Warlord99956
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, HAMW05WC2014 said:

Can anyone confirm for certain that internet connection isn’t required for freeplay? If this is the case I may keep hold if it as I do love the game itself, Its such a dissapointment that this has overshadowed the release. I think it was ignorant decision making and almost shady of Codies not to have made this well known before release. 

FreePlay is completely available with no internet connection.

You get a warning at the start of the game.

You get a warning at the end of the first race.

After that its quiet.

You have absolutely no access to anything in MyTeam-Career Mode

But:

in FreePlay you have access to:

- timetrial

- custom championship - where you can define freely in detail everything

- Historic Championship - from past to present times

- Official WRX Championship

this makes in bearable for me longterm

if servers are shut down in the future at least there is still plenty to do

Edited by JackKey
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, I had so many connection fails at this point I might better plan to play the MyTeam Career a year later when no cares for DiRT Rally 2.0 anymore...

• Sad 1

its dikced me with the same thing this morning, not happy CM, toys out of the pram not happy. 5 of the rallys are on a live stream, tell me where i cheated? and if so why didnt the credits get wiped aswell? they remained!!

MMM

• Sad 2

Allright. This is going to be my last comment on this topic. I have said everything there is to say. The remaining issues are in the hands of Codemasters.

Thanks to the lack of connectivity to racenet I had plenty of time to play all the offline modes...

Which are great so far.

All things considered with History Championship, WRX Championship, Custom Championship and TimeTrial all this content is meaty enough and is alone worth the game for me.

Heck, even without the Main Career this game might even be a better deal than DiRT3 as a whole was - apart from the lack of LAN and Monte Carlo of course :classic_biggrin:.

I get myself now some sweet sweet popcorn and await the sheet-storm that is approaching Codies in a few days.

Have fun ranting,

signing out, bye.

• Agree 2

On 2/23/2019 at 9:32 AM, RodgerDavies said:

@SirPhilMcKraken

I respect you a lot and agree with the majority of your posts but I see differently to you here.

Codemasters chose to allow 4 days early access (a decision I really don't like) for customers who paid more, so having a system that hasn't been robust enough to cope with these users for this short time isn't fulfilling their end of that deal. It's not fair to say "well, it was available for some time within those 4 days" because it wasn't advertised that you would be subject to Racenet's availability.

For the wider issue of Racenet in general, I know it was also used in DR1 but IIRC it held on to times and didn't post until you had a connection in career mode. Even if that was subject to cheating, allowing people to play the game is more important than the validity of leaderboards that can always be reset.

It does feel like this is another point which Codemasters have purposely avoided showing to people or mentioning up front. There has been no stream or no screenshots showing off the career mode and virtually no mention of it, let alone mention of this piece of information that if you're not connected you stand to lose all progress. And it makes me think "there's a reason this wasn't shown" and that is purposeful obfuscation of the situation (this also makes me a bit worried about DLC integration with career mode and I would like to see a confirmation that DLC locations will be integrated).

Now I hope people have some perspective and give them to time to sort it out but I can completely sympathise with those who are affected by this, either short- or long-term. By all accounts, there's a superb game to be enjoyed here and I hope as many people are able to join us in that as possible.

I admit I did get heated beause it felt like a lot people were throwing their toys out of the pram for one thing that didn't work smoothly on release day. I do understand that it should be working and maybe it was a fault on CM part to make sure this did really work properly before offering this incentive. I agree that it should hold onto times until a connection can be established if necessary, anything to not break the flow of the gameplay for everyone. However I do not agree that compensation should be offered, the Deluxe Edition isn't just early access but includes future content.

Having it implemented in a way where its required to have progress saved, that is a pretty ridiculous way to do it, especially if people are having these net issues. I'd also like to expect that DLC locations will be integrated somehow, maybe as standalone championships? Not sure. I haven't actually tried the career mode yet except RX so not sure of the format.

Unfortunately this was exacerbated by the fact that Racenet was dodgy, if it was fine I don't think most people would have noticed this integration. I definitely sympathise with those who are unable to play the career mode at the moment, you bought the game and you want it to work but yes, people need to be patient for these things to be fixed.

Thanks for the reasonable reply @RodgerDavies ❤️ I can respond to posts like this as they have thought and reason behind them.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
  • Like 4

I don't like it, but this has been an anti piracy measure in the past and it never goes down well (anyone remember the Sim City debacle?)

Cheaters, pirates, I don't care why... they shouldn't be allowed to ruin the experience for genuine paying fans. 

• Agree 2

After many questions and topics about this i sadly decided to cancel my pre.order inutil you will change this. Hope codies will change this soon really !! 😞

1 minute ago, Freddygore said:

After many questions and topics about this i sadly decided to cancel my pre.order inutil you will change this. Hope codies will change this soon really !! 😞

Why has this made you change your preorder?

Cause i do not have a good connexion ( just my phone to be honnest ) i know there s something more offline mods and apparently they are really good. But i was really interested about this carreer i will wait until it will be offline . That s my choice 😉

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Freddygore said:

Cause i do not have a good connexion ( just my phone to be honnest ) i know there s something more offline mods and apparently they are really good. But i was really interested about this carreer i will wait until it will be offline . That s my choice 😉

same here. i cannot accept to pay a full price and then have only like half of the game to play.

you don´t buy a car without an engine, too. It may be nice to look at but driving it would be a bit of a problem. thats the way I see this whole thing about "always on career".

• Agree 1

First career mode event I've done and stuck at the end unable to connect to Racenet. Come on, this is a superb game, but please have a rethink on this or work on an offline mode that saves up results.

• Agree 1

Your My Team Rallycross Championchip has been reset, because a discrepancy between local and RaceNet save data was detected.

So, my WRX Championchip has just been reset.
Why does it need to reset, when it just could use the last RaceNet save data (if it doesn't want to use local because of cheating or else)?

40 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

First career mode event I've done and stuck at the end unable to connect to Racenet. Come on, this is a superb game, but please have a rethink on this or work on an offline mode that saves up results.

i'm sure it is a really good game. no doubts at all.

but the way codies made this decision at first and how they now handle the situation mostly with silence is not acceptable. imo.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JoeBlob21 said:

i'm sure it is a really good game. no doubts at all.

but the way codies made this decision at first and how they now handle the situation mostly with silence is not acceptable. imo.

They've not handled it with silence at all, they've commented multiple times per day and are responding to people on all social channels - clearly working on it (over the weekend, although their choice for a Friday release). 

I feel this was a really poor game decision and hope it improves somewhat, but it's not going to stop me from getting enjoyment from the game.

• Agree 2

I'm not against that online thing. Would be OK if Racenet was working perfectly. But it's clearly not the case.

Many popular games use onlyne functionnalities and doesn't have any problems. I think Codies should just invest in some more or better servers.

Please remove racenet from single player.

It causes unnecessary long loading times and i to had a couple time this weekend that i could not continue my career because there was no connection.

Also the fear of your career being wiped is constantly there. 

So PLEASE remove racenet from single player. 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Wow, the entitlement is strong. Why should you get compensation because you haven't played immediately? What compensation would you like?

Luckily Codemasters thinks the same. Thank you Codemasters!

-------------------

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition players: we're sorry - we know this weekend didn't go to plan, and we're working flat out to fix it.

We've given you all 1,000,000 CR in-game as a thank you for your patience this weekend - we've already made positive changes in light of your feedback, and expect the road ahead to be a lot less bumpy.

13 hours ago, WeamDreaver said:

So, my WRX Championchip has just been reset.

The Racenet issue affected your progress in a freeplay event? I thought it was just causing problems in Career? 

I have had a couple of connection issues in the Career, but nothing in freeplay.

^ There is a WRX-Championship in My Team Career and Free Play.

11 minutes ago, MarcoMaas said:

Luckily Codemasters thinks the same. Thank you Codemasters!

-------------------

DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition players: we're sorry - we know this weekend didn't go to plan, and we're working flat out to fix it.

We've given you all 1,000,000 CR in-game as a thank you for your patience this weekend - we've already made positive changes in light of your feedback, and expect the road ahead to be a lot less bumpy.

what means positive changes? is it now offline?

Edited by JackKey

I noticed it is more stable and connects faster. Hopefully they will sustain that tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, JackKey said:

^ Il y a un championnat WRX dans la carrière et le jeu libre de mon équipe.

Que signifie des changements positifs? est-il maintenant hors ligne?

I hope !!!!