Remove Always Online for the Career!

Remove Always Online for Career?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please Remove Always Online for Career

• Yes please! Remove it.
    • Leave it in!

Seriously?

Always Online in a Career Mode?

Can't you just please stick to things that you know? Wow, there is absolutely no reason for doing something like this?

Do you remember SimCity 2013? Apparently not.

Sorry, I had to vent here,

but damn, this might be the best Rally Game I played so far. Don't do that to me and the others.

Please remove this forced always online. I want to be able to play this game in 20 years, just like your Colin McRae Rally 1998.

Damn that hurts.

career.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Why in the Hell was such a choice made?
Had I known I maybe wouldn't have bought.

This is the worse Idea ever, like mentioned: remember the desaster of SimCity.

Please... remove that.

RaceNet is down, I can't play the career. I bought the deluxe version to play a little bit today, but can't.

Thank you Codemasters, you suck.... :classic_sad:

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

I really hope they are rethinking their decision and patch it out in the near future.

I am sitting here and can't continue my career as well. I hope my progress isn't really lost forever.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Please, remove it. If such a "feature" is in the game at least the servers should be bullet proof from day one.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Not a fan of the insult flinging but +1 to this main request.

Hope you can find a way to handle this as it was in DR1 for career mode.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

I've a question. If Racenet goes down as sometimes does, does it mean no #NoConnectionNoCareer?

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

^

The whole Career is unavailable if there is not internet or no connection as far as I know from what I read elsewhere.

Right now I can't connect to the career without getting this warning I uploaded in my first post.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

...communicating with racenet?    every other time i press a button i get  (...communicating with racenet) this is game breaking for me.  i have 100 mb service and yes it works just fine except for ...communicating with racenet?  it needs to be removed asap!!!!  Some people actually play single player games away from there internet connection, i dont remember reading that this game required single player to be connected to racenet.  

• Agree 3

^

Freeplay seems to be always available offline.

"My Team -> Career and Challenges" seems to be a complete "online experience" as a whole.

• Agree 1

Does anyone know where I can read the Terms and Conditions? What's the information they send/collect? I'm just curious as people is saying it tries to connect all the time.

Their rationale is “to prevent cheating”. Really? In career mode? So you’ve ruined the career mode experience To prevent cheating in a Solo game mode? 

Damn I need to get into game development...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

If you want to sync the offline data with your racenet I suggest you do it the following way:

1. "Zip" the local data
  2.  Try to upload the date
    1. Upload ok? Finish it! Close the connection!
    2. Upload not ok? Try it again later. Keep a local copy of the data.

In its current state the racenet is the cause I do not encourage my colleagues to buy Dirt Rally 2.

• Agree 3

Not sure where to find the TaC

But it always connects when it has something to upload or download from racenet.

So when I play Time Trial which is possible offline, it wants to upload your time at the end.

Which currently fails for me as well.

So uploading times and downloading your rewards for dailys and weekly...

Damn I can't see where the reason is to be always online in the career.

Racenet has had an influx of new users, give them time to sort this out. I have been playing with no issues for the last week or two as there were only a small amount of players.

While I agree that it feels odd to have it in a SP game mode, the leaderboards in DR and D4 had so many hackers so if this means I can actually post competitive times (or at least try!) then I won't be confused as to why I'm 30 seconds behind when it was a flawless run.

If there weren't no-lifers who get a kick out of hacking an video game's leaderboard, we wouldn't have these issues.

• Disagree 5

Career mode should not be online!  hacking excuse is bs, you will never stop hackers

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 2

I don't see how making the Career Always Online results in protecting cheaters from uploading fake times?

Maybe the have better cheat-protection this time, but that would have nothing to do having the Career always online.

2 minutes ago, JackKey said:

I don't see how making the Career Always Online results in protecting cheaters from uploading fake times?

Maybe the have better cheat-protection this time, but that would have nothing to do having the Career always online.

It's always the same story. Tones of DRM, protections, servers, internet, etc, and then there is a random guy who can easily find a work around these things. Then they will say the game is not selling well because they maybe didn't enough promotion or people is not interested in rally.

It will be funny to see how long it takes for the first 1 second stage to happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

^Yeah, true!

Just thinking about it, you can play time trial offline, but at the end of the race you upload your time...

-> So the Career being always online has absolutely nothing to do with cheat protection

It really is such a shame that this is not working at all right now. For the little while I was able to play I started to really like the game, but this just completely destroys the whole experience and makes people like me, who spent extra money because they wanted to play the game early on and because they love your games, just unbelievably frustrated. 

For the sake of everyone here, Codemasters, please get this issue sorted asap, otherwise it'll have a lot of negative backlash for this, other than that, excellent new game.

Edited by KaterEisbahn
  • Agree 1

It’s a shame !

i spent 30 min to connect. I’m already fed up of this game. I will wait for a patch or return back my game to the store 😩

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm fine with it trying to file results with racenet when possible, but not even being able to do events when racenet is down is just silly.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, JackKey said:

^

The whole Career is unavailable if there is not internet or no connection as far as I know from what I read elsewhere.

Right now I can't connect to the career without getting this warning I uploaded in my first post.

You still have historical championship to play.

If codies are going into esports requiring connection is needed. It's 2019 FFS stop comparing it to CMR 2.0

Edited by versedi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Having the Career Mode being forced online has absolutely nothing to do with eSports.

Don't be silly.

It's 2019... stop predending it has anything to do with pointless always online....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1