DIRT RALLY 2.0--- post your wheel and ffb setting!

hi evryone

i open this topic so anyone can talk and share about the wheel setting in the game and on profiler too if on pc

happy rallying to evryone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Accuforce!so far can't find any good feelings out of ffb!FFB is sucked and damp like in ACC

Edited by AlexKozlitin

10 minutes ago, AlexKozlitin said:

Accuforce!so far can't find any good feelings out of ffb!FFB is sucked and damp like in ACC

i'm also in the tast phase 😉

but betatesters said ffb is good so maybe  it depends from wheel to wheel....

i have the g29

Thrustmaster t150 owner here, i’d like to have some tips about settings, for now i put everything 20%, i disabled auto center and auto block and i calibrated my wheel 1080 degrees and i put saturation 50% to have 540 degrees

• Agree 2

I'm having some issues getting my force feedback to feel ideal, there's basically no road/gravel surface feel, it's all just really smooth.  I'm using a TS-PC Racer, on PC.  Turned most feedback settings above 100% to try and amp it up but the surface textures don't appear to be there. 

Also for some reason the 'Tyre slip' and 'Engine' settings are grayed out for me to even modify.

3 minutes ago, lilfurbal said:

I'm having some issues getting my force feedback to feel ideal, there's basically no road/gravel surface feel, it's all just really smooth.  I'm using a TS-PC Racer, on PC.  Turned most feedback settings above 100% to try and amp it up but the surface textures don't appear to be there. 

Also for some reason the 'Tyre slip' and 'Engine' settings are grayed out for me to even modify.

exacty the same for me,  tire slip and engine is noy working

force feedback  is not right, but betatesteres have told that it wors great 🤔

@xtinamcgrath

any hints?

• Agree 1

Here also not enough feel , put suspension to 150 and wheel friction and tyre friction to 120 but still death.

Gonna try something more now and when i hit something good i will post it.
I use Fanatec V2.5 base

• Agree 1

Now i did a manual calibration of the wheel and it makes a difference , not a very big one but there is some feel in the wheel

Still working on the settings but it feels like this is one of the best till now

52951175_2042874489114725_16200006755155

Still the road feel is not there yet and dirt 4 felt way more alive

• Like 1

Yeah. physics feels great, but the ffb is really lacking. My tyre slip and engine ffb setting are also grayed out for me, I hope this is a bug that could be fixed, because the have almost no feeling at all from the surface i'm driving on. 

• Agree 1

G27 - Ported over my settings from DR1 exactly as I used to have it and it works perfect.

nqDZAaS.jpg

• Agree 1

Dirt Rally 2.0 has missing FFB compared to DR. That is for all wheel users. I hope they fix that. Nothing Drivehub can do here.

G25 works with TH8a and my homemade hand brake in DR2.

Here are my settings:

I short calibrated it to 540 degrees, as that is what most cars seems to be having in DR2.

Linearity 0
Saturation between 60 and 70 . 70 for now as it dampens my input.
Soft lock ON . to make use of my calibrated 540 degrees.

feels pretty spot on :)

edit linearity = 0

FFB is the same as everyone else. Not up to DR1 standards

• Agree 2

Just came here to post the same thing. Feels really flat, no feedback from the road at all on the T300. Hope this is a bug because if not this is a big step down from DR and D4. 

• Agree 1

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 also very numb. No suspension detail at all. You can drive along a very bumpy road and not feel a thing. Go over a cattle grid though and the wheel goes mental!! 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Jonezy23 said:

Does anyone know how to change wheel rotation on a g920 on Xbox one on this game?

That is done with saturation setting.

for example with my g25’s 900 degrees I set saturation to 60. This is 60 % of 900 equals 540 degrees. And that is What many cars in dr2 have in the game .

Edited by MarcoMaas

But you should calibrate your wheel, set it to max rotation, and use soft lock on (=100) so the rotation will adapt automatically according the car you use.

3 minutes ago, Pek94 said:

But you should calibrate your wheel, set it to max rotation, and use soft lock on (=100) so the rotation will adapt automatically according the car you use.

Oh I will try that later.

I have a Thrustmaster TMX and all I would want is to give us vibration and the option to turn it up or down since it's greyed out on the Xbox. When I drive over the cattle grates, it's a little much and it feels like the wheel clips a bit. I just want a little vibration, that's all I ask of Codemasters. I said it in an earlier post, everything else feels great.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Pek94 said:

I confirm this strange bahaviour in certain cars parts of the game.

I calibrated my g25 to 900 degrees and set saturation to 100.

Some cars I do feel the soft stop. And then on another track the same car is twitchy and I have to set the saturation to 60 (540 degrees) to get the soft stop that corresponds with the steeringwheel movent. I is just wrong. But once you know it you can bypass it.

Here they come:

SimuCUBE Small MiGE (20Nm)

Config Tool:

DR2_1.thumb.jpg.8c1ec2623961008e07b91894f493e07e.jpg

Ingame:

20190225131312_1.thumb.jpg.db4b829198a37c837d91f3857b37b335.jpg

Settings are experimental. Best used as a base to start from I guess.

Thrustmaster T80 here on PS4.

High Saturation since I am a "flicker" when driving. I really like to move the wheel when I get stressed and this prevents that for me with this wheel. Throttle Saturation at 90% so I hit the gas little earlier than normal. Needed for a slow guy as me. Brake saturation is 60 since this pedals often elevate from floor (not attached to floor 100%) when hitting the brakes normally. Now I can just "pinch" the brakes and safety is there.

20190225_213729.jpg

Edited by Rallih
Added text

On 22/2/2019 at 14:10, teknoid85 said:

sono anche nella fase del gusto 😉

ma i betatesters hanno detto che il ffb è buono, quindi forse dipende dalla ruota alla ruota ....

ho il g29

FFB buono? è osceno. si sentono solo le grate di ferro in Australia e l'atterraggio dai dossi piu grandi.per il resto il nulla.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:25 AM, Gargan494 said:

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 also very numb. No suspension detail at all. You can drive along a very bumpy road and not feel a thing. Go over a cattle grid though and the wheel goes mental!! 

Seems like Codemasters forgot that not all of us are control pad users for racing titles.