DIRT RALLY 2.0--- post your wheel and ffb setting!

I really wanna know what kinda Betatesters CM have. Guys@Codemasters, Sims like AC, Raceroom, rF2 have excellent FFB know for years ! ! Noone around who  got the idea to take a look at e.g. taking it as reference for this long awaited title (specially by simracers) ? You once wrote advertising that you're "not afraid to release a challenging Rallygame"....so what ? :).

Just the usual gibberish to sell your stuff ?

Sry but for Simracers a decent, sensitive FFB is one of the first things to take care of - eyecandy and stuff ist right down on the list.

I still wanna believe that it is simply a bug, or you need to exchange your Betatesters for folks who really know what they are talking about...

The other thing is the public policy : No SEROIUS official comment whatsoever regarding this issue, only blahblah - don't you dare to stall guys :(

Whats the target date for a FFB fix ? Hm.....?

Any reliable info on that ?

Wheel is a Fanatec CSL PC/Xbox, CSP V3 Pedals

Fanatec also provides the SDK Developers Tool, but I#m worried you even don't know what that is - Amateurs :D

20 minutes ago, GearEx said:

I really wanna know what kinda Betatesters CM have. Guys@Codemasters, Sims like AC, Raceroom, rF2 have excellent FFB know for years ! ! Noone around who  got the idea to take a look at e.g. taking it as reference for this long awaited title (specially by simracers) ? You once wrote advertising that you're "not afraid to release a challenging Rallygame"....so what ? :).

Just the usual gibberish to sell your stuff ?

Sry but for Simracers a decent, sensitive FFB is one of the first things to take care of - eyecandy and stuff ist right down on the list.

I still wanna believe that it is simply a bug, or you need to exchange your Betatesters for folks who really know what they are talking about...

The other thing is the public policy : No SEROIUS official comment whatsoever regarding this issue, only blahblah - don't you dare to stall guys 😞

Whats the target date for a FFB fix ? Hm.....?

Any reliable info on that ?

Wheel is a Fanatec CSL PC/Xbox, CSP V3 Pedals

Fanatec also provides the SDK Developers Tool, but I#m worried you even don't know what that is - Amateurs 😄

We all know there's a problem with the ffb, but posts like this are not going to solve the problem. Do you really expect they are going to answer a post like this ?

This post is pretty arrogant and the only thing you do is attacking people. The devs who are looking for feedback in this forum are probably not even going to read post like this.

• Agree 3

Hey Rocco,

you are also a member of S3 Community, so do I have to tell you about the differences regarding public policy and customers/devs communication ?

These guys here are not my friends until they deliver what they've announced in big shiny letters - its a typical CM thing to handle things this way, and as paying customer I don't need to accept it....

I really don't know why you're standing up protecting CM.

I know CM since Toca and CMR and after CMR 2.0 I simply went away because it was clear that they make a lotta promises, talking big and do a lot teasing but in the end they are too afraid and too much mainstream-oriented to take risks to go Hardcore.

With DR 1 they regained some trust on my side - hell, I even bought D4, even it is just a pile of ****....I ereased from my HD within two days.

Well the FFB was slightly better than the actual one, yes, but lets be honest : Compared to the titles I mentioned it was still lame.

And thatraises old prejudice on my side.

So is it just that  ? CM just is unable to provide a full functioning, decent, sensitive Force Feedback ????

Edited by GearEx
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, GearEx said:

Hey Rocco,

you are also a member of S3 Community, so do I have to tell you about the differences regarding public policy and customers/devs communication ?

These guys here are not my friends until they deliver what they've announced in big shiny letters - its a typical CM thing to handle things this way, and as paying customer I don't need to accept it....

I really don't know why you're standing up protecting CM.

I know CM since Toca and CMR and after CMR 2.0 I simply went away because it was clear that they make a lotta promises, talking big and do a lot teasing but in the end they are too afraid and too much mainstream-oriented to take risks to go Hardcore.

With DR 1 they regained some trust on my side - hell, I even bought D4, even it is just a pile of ****....I ereased from my HD within two days.

Well the FFB was slightly better than the actual one, yes, but lets be honest : Compared to the titles I mentioned it was still lame.

And that taises old prejudice on my side.

So is it just that  ? CM just is unable to provide a full functioning, decent, sensitive Forve Feedback ????

I don't protect CM.

But we all going to benefit if the community tries to report bugs and gives (negative)feedback in a respectful and organized way. It's not productive if everyone starts attacking devs and beta testers in every thread.

The goal should be trying to give proper feedback to the devs and NOT punish the devs for their mistakes in every way possible.

edit : there's an alternative, stay away from CM and don't buy their products.

Edited by RoccoTTS
  • Agree 2

Rocco you know my posts @S3 Forum (Fairman) and I always give constructive sometimes humorous feedback. I didn't know much about much rambling cause normally I do not visit such huge Forums, like this or EA or Ubi,  it's pointless, cause mostly you get served random "Algorithm"-answers...I just read some coments here and there (Steam for example) all about FFB, but no decent, transparent answers except for "Betatesters find FFB good" or just lately, first it said they keep looking for it and then "Nah, FFB is good".....I mean : WHAT ???!!

Another anecdote : Just recently there was that Netflix show about F1 (1st Season) and a few days later CM announced a special deal for their old F1 2018 at Steam, such a funny coincidence isn't it ?

This is what CM is in the first place - don't be naive guys just because they sell some fancy toys....I will continue kicking butts until the FFB is fixed. 😄

Because Dirt 2.0 is actually worthy successor tho still half baked. Which is a shame....

Edited by GearEx

DFGT settings (but i'm still trying)

Logitech Profiler:

Overall effects strenght 100%

Spring effect strenght 100%

Damper effect strenght 100%

Enable centering spring OFF

Report combined pedals OFF

Degrees 540°

Allow game to adjust settings ON

In game (advanced settings)

Brake saturation 90

Soft lock OFF

(others settings on default)

In game (vibration & Feedback)

Vibration & Feedback ON

Self Aligning Torque 105

Wheel friction 0

tyre friction 90

suspension 90

tyre sleep 100

Engine (greyed) 100

Collision 80

Edited by Black75

On 2/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, lilfurbal said:

Also for some reason the 'Tyre slip' and 'Engine' settings are grayed out for me to even modify.

Because, as I keep saying in various threads, these are gamepad-specific settings:

dr2-ffb-xbone.jpg

• Thanks 1

Trustmaster TS-XW, Rally Wheel Sparco 383, T3PA pro + rubber cone mod, TH8A, X Box One X :

Now, I am very satisfied with the FFB of Dirt Rally 2.0

DiRT Rally 2.0 (4).png

DiRT Rally 2.0 (5).png

Edited by Didd31

PC-T300rs
edited xml file to ffb=5 (pre-amps the signal. Signal peaks and valleys get bigger)

default driver settings (75, 100, 100, 100, 100) (tried with damper/spring at 0 but I have more intuition with them at 100. (so subtle I can't articulate how or why.) Codemasters own test driver mistakes this for tire-slip and engine fx.  These siders don't add effects. They fine-tune the wheels movement.)

in-game (i think of this like a stereo Graphic EQ. Meaning signals occupying the same frequency range can cancel one another out.)
S.A.T.          28% (brings peaks and valleys back to the midrange, but road noise/gravel vibration is completely lost)
wheelfric  05%   (adds electromagnetic drag and turning resistance, slows rate wheel returns to center) 
TyreFric    50%   (too high and other details are drowned out)
Suspension 85%
Collision   80% (cattle grids might rip your arm off otherwise)

I have a really old Forza CSR Elite wheel.  I know it's not on the supported devices list, but if anyone has setting recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Since my big rant 🙂 a lot of things have been overworked and finally DR 2.0 reaches its final destination as worthy successor of DR 1.0. I'm very pleased with what has been done since April BUT @Codemasters : You easily could have avoided that big sh-storm (all around the gaming community) if you would have handled it fair and square by simply doin what you did with DR 1.0 : At least a 6 Months Pre-Release (Beta) Access for a fair prize (like with DR 1.0), instead of being greedy, selling "Deluxe Versions" and whatnot for an actually half-baked title right away (at that time .....)

So thanks for all the improvements & efforts, also to the DR community and please think about it before you even consider to bring DR 3.0 around 🙂

Edited by GearEx
  • Agree 1

Hi guys, t300 RS with Ferrari Alcântara on PS4 here.

Finally after some time tweaking the ffb I think I've got it working 100%. For my liking. 

Run the game, connect the wheel, on the t300rs (for others TM servo bases and steering wheels check the manual or check here https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/3132-en/), press and hold the Mode button and press the Dpad on the wheel left or right until you see the light flashes 3 times. When that happens your wheel is set to 540° of rotation.

Go to the input menu select the steering wheel has your primary device and press triangle to device options and choose calibration.

So turn the wheel to full lock in either direction hold it and press X. 

Now this is the most important part, the 90° calibration.

Turn the wheel to full lock in both directions and then turn until 540° appears on the bar bellow, press X.

Do the pedals calibration has normal and press X.

On the calibration summary press X don't press O because the game will not save the calibration.

I posted the settings bellow (the pics are flipped, so turn your head 😂). You can tweak the steering force or the SAT to a lower value.

This is for the T300rs on PS4. 

Another important thing, when you are playing don't enter to the ps4 menu. I don't know why but everytime i put the game in background by pressing the share/options/PlayStation button and return to the game all the calibration is lost and the wheel goes back to 1080° of rotation and it must do everything again.

Is this happening to you as well?

For the ones still struggling with ffb settings, try this settings and give me your feedback.

IMG_20200127_134234.jpg

IMG_20200127_134244.jpg

IMG_20200127_134258.jpg

Edited by f4ri4