Sign in to follow this  

Grief Reporting for Online Multiplayer

@Hatta I don't know what kind of policies Codemasters have in place for moderation online multiplayer, but I'm sure most people who race online will have come across a racer who goes out of their way to take other racers off.  I don't know why they do it but action needs to be taken. The following video is of one such person, who races on PSN. There should also be a way for hosts to block certain people from entering lobbies, or having some sort of peer review system, where people with unfavourable reviews will be automatically blocked from certain lobbies.

EDIT: Apparently 'naming and shaming' people is against forum rules :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq69UX3QTCY&feature=youtu.be&t=49s

Naming and shaming is against forum rules bud, leave your video up but it might be a good idea to edit that PSN name out of your post.

Unfortunately though, things like that have been happening in just about every online racing game, probably since online racing began. You just gotta anticipate it and play them at their own game.
One of my favourite things to do is pull alongside someone who waits for the leaders, then brake hard and watch as they swing across to where I had been and take themselves out ;)

I can' play the video for some reason.  I have a Mac if it helps.  Anyway, I also know of someone who specifically enters a session after qualifying has already started and then enter the race from the back and begins causing havoc among participants.  I am not sure what to do when I encounter this.   Playing along side him will impatct my game also.  What else do you recommend doing besides antagonizing them during the game?

lmntr said:
I can' play the video for some reason.  I have a Mac if it helps.  Anyway, I also know of someone who specifically enters a session after qualifying has already started and then enter the race from the back and begins causing havoc among participants.  I am not sure what to do when I encounter this.   Playing along side him will impatct my game also.  What else do you recommend doing besides antagonizing them during the game?
Which platform do you play the game on? You should be able to either block the player or give them a bad review. I'm not sure how it works on PSN, but on XBL a bad player review means you're unlikely to be put into a lobby with him again.

I still get matched up with guys I've given bad reviews, such is the small community online for this game. 
The vote to kick feature is pointless. Nobody else votes because nobody else has seen your incidents having been elsewhere on track. 
The game just needs a better penalty detection system. Punish those who crash.
There is another solution... Join a couple of leagues. Any trouble makers get thrown out, and the guys you race with are there purely for clean racing, any ramming gets looked upon as grounds for expulsion from the league.

I've had some of the most awesome, exciting, close, and clean racing I've ever come across that way, so much so that I just don't venture into the public lobbies any more and only race the guys I've met from the league :) Plus there's quite a few out there so you should be able to find a handful that'll match your needs.

For those like me who don't have time to join leagues the best thing to do to avoid bad players is to create a lobby, enable full damage, and ban all aids. It takes a while to get a decent size grid but is way better than sprint lobbies. 

BTW, I wish CM would rename the current sprint lobbies "casual sprint", and add another quick lobby called "hardcore sprint" (3-5 lap races, dynamic weather, full damage, all aids banned).

FS7 said:
For those like me who don't have time to join leagues the best thing to do to avoid bad players is to create a lobby, enable full damage, and ban all aids. It takes a while to get a decent size grid but is way better than sprint lobbies. 

BTW, I wish CM would rename the current sprint lobbies "casual sprint", and add another quick lobby called "hardcore sprint" (3-5 lap races, dynamic weather, full damage, all aids banned).
Believe it or not, a league isn't all that time consuming :p About an hour and a half each Tuesday evening for me, which is time I'd spend gaming after work anyway so it slots in nicely. Plus you're part of a championship, and you're actually driving for something rather than nothing.

In the time you take waiting for a custom lobby to fill up, you could have qualified and already started the race with a league ;) But each to their own! If that's what works for you then good, any way to get a decent race with clean drivers is worth the time invested I'd say.

FS7 said:

Believe it or not, a league isn't all that time consuming :p About an hour and a half each Tuesday evening for me, which is time I'd spend gaming after work anyway so it slots in nicely. 
I'd love to be able to join a league. However, I don't have a fixed work schedule, I can't commit to play at specific days/times, I go online at random days/times, so joining a league isn't an option to me. 

As for waiting in the lobby, I wish CM would do like PD did with GT6 and give players the option to go to the track and practice while waiting for other players to join the lobby. That would get rid of the worst part of online which is waiting in a lobby, and would give players the online practice they've been asking for since 2010.

Just figure out how to nail them off the track with out taking yourself out,  before they get you.  Then repeat EVERY time you see them.  EVERY race if need be.  Make them soooooo damn mad that they remember you, and they will avoid you on track or just leave the lobby.......eventually.  Or they will beg for forgiveness. 

If the person is enjoying it, and only in the room to cause trouble,  dont show any verbal reaction, this will most likely make them target you even more.   Try to keep them at the back of the pack, hold them back  by any means,  then when they are almost lapped, drive away from them.   They get bored and leave.  

If the player is me........dont take me out FIRST.  :smiley: 

The trouble is people consider themselves clean racers, but are unaware when contact occurs which they initiated.  Contact that takes someone out, isn't going to leave the hit player feeling too happy.  

Your not a clean racer if your saying sorry every turn becasue you keep hitting someone.  
Simply saying sorry, doesnt make someone a clean racer (if they repeatedly crash into you).

Accidents can and will happen.  Its how we deal with the accident that makes the difference.  
           Driving off into the sunset without a care in the world, after crashing into someone and putting them in a wall/dirt trap................sends a message that it was deliberate and you dont care you did it. 
Saying sorry on the mic and pulling over, waiting for the taken out player to re join the track, and re join behind them,  message sorry after the race,   could very well stop that taken out player from hitting you back, 
The key is knowing when YOU made the mistake.
If you wouldn't be happy with it, dont do it to others. 

Beware of low rank, green flags.  :smiley: 

You can hold him back leave them back almost lapped as you say above but the problem is compounded because this person appears to have excellent pace and will try to catch back to you.  Besides, he does not care if he gets lapped.  I have watched the map and seen him waiting for the front runners by a turn so that he can take them out.   I wonder if I can say how many characters in his id and maybe the first two and last two carachters.  Is that allowed?

I haven't seen afro's vid or do I see the name mentioned but I bet you its this looser... Youtube: f1 racing bundgee style; d$&khead of the week #1

Mrbundgee said:
I haven't seen afro's vid or do I see the name mentioned but I bet you its this looser... Youtube: f1 racing bundgee style; d$&khead of the week #1
It was, the link I put in was wrong :/

As others say this happens in nearly every racing game. Been playing Forza 5 lately and the amount of rammers seem to outnumber those that race properly. It's not just those that hold back or purposely crash at the first corner though. There seems to be an ever increasing amount of players who will race properly and neatly right up to the point you overtake them (cleanly I might add) and then just spin you off at the next corner to retake the position.
I've all but given up on online play in racing games although nearly any genre seems to have a greater number of morons on that find unfathomable joy in ruining everyone elses fun.

there is a simple way to deal with this but you have to have very fast reactions, when you know someone like that is going to brake test or ram into your car you have to press the pause button just before the impact, for some reason this makes the console/pc take control of your car and the offender will be bounced of your car like its a concrete wall and your car will follow the racing line until you un-pause and carry on with your race, its the only way to deal with them, and as its a rear impact on the offending car its normally a vehichle destroy straight away for them so its all good. try it,,,works for me everytime!

they also removed the most important function in the whole game in 2011, allowing the host of a lobby to kick and not rely on voting ruined the game and they know it, remember when 2011 first came out and those 4 un-named (lulz) guys were going around every open lobby and voting to kick the hosts you couldn't even start a race and if you did they voted to quit qualli in the first min. lol took them ages to sort it out and they still rely on vote to kick. whoever is in charge of the online parts of the game clearly must not play much online in public lobbies.

also I forgot about this, a guy got banned from the psn network, his ps4 wont ever be able to connect online, his funds in his wallet (£100) were taken, all his downloaded games taken, his pre orders still charged for and all because he cheated on a single-player part of a game by copying a game save onto his ps4. I could not believe this when I read the story online on the ps4 forums. so maybe if a F1 game is ever released on current-gen consoles things like this will be easier to report especially as everyone can save a quick vid with evidence, although tbh I don't think it breaks the terms and conditions of PSN. the whole lobby would probably have to report an offender for PSN to take any kind of action. it would be much easier for the host to kick and ban from the lobby.

Sorry to continue on an old post, but is there any possible way of keeping a user away from your lobby on this game? For weeks on PSN a user, who I can't name as it's against the rules but you could probably guess who, has been actively searching for my public lobby and probably every other lobby to do nothing but take players out. It's the same problem all the time and nothing works, kick voting does nothing as they just leave immediately and rejoin again after, and it's absolutely tiresome.
If possible could F1 2015 bring back F1 2010's old kick system of the host being able to remove people instantly? Or maybe introduce a blacklist so that a user can have someone banned from ever joining their lobby, or just be able to report them to Codemasters or Sony if it gets too much? I've gotten to the point where I just don't really play the game anymore apart from my league races and it's a massive shame as I do enjoy racing people from all over the world online and the battles can be brilliant.
I just hope that with the new game maybe a kick system or some form of grief reporting is implemented to allow people to play online without worrying about certain gamers, who are playing the game purely for ruining other people's online experience. Hopefully a reporting system is in F1 2015 and people can get back to racing as they want again!

In my experience dirty, disruptive drivers want ruin the enjoyment people take in playing racing games. Some who race dirty and cause incidents are simply out to troll and make people mad at the expense of their own twisted pleasure. Avoiding them becomes more difficult as the communities are getting smaller, partly down to the next gen migration transitional period. There is no real way of expelling them completely, they will always be there unfortunately. The gaming community can be an increasingly unpleasant place at times. It's a shame to hear it's happening over here at formula 1, racing is a gentleman's sport, clearly being ruined by those who take pleasure in being disruptive.

I don't think CM cares about dirty players ruining the game for everybody else.

There is still no online driver rating system, option for host to kick players has been removed, there's no incentive for players to drive clean and pretty much no punishment for players who drive dirty. I've been suggesting for years that CM should split sprint lobbies into "casual" lobbies (no damage, light penalties, all aids allowed) & "hardcore" lobbies (full damage, realistic rules, most if not all aids banned).
It's possible to get a clean race by creating a lobby, enabling full damage & realistic rules, and banning all aids but it takes forever to get a decent size group together.

I try to report this player. Pls codemaster provide to ban him.
I hope that by 2015 implement an improved system Anticheat. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny2hdBAWXUE

FS7 said:
I don't think CM cares about dirty players ruining the game for everybody else.

There is still no online driver rating system, option for host to kick players has been removed, there's no incentive for players to drive clean and pretty much no punishment for players who drive dirty. I've been suggesting for years that CM should split sprint lobbies into "casual" lobbies (no damage, light penalties, all aids allowed) & "hardcore" lobbies (full damage, realistic rules, most if not all aids banned).
It's possible to get a clean race by creating a lobby, enabling full damage & realistic rules, and banning all aids but it takes forever to get a decent size group together.
Or maybe CM could move the trouble makers into lobbies for them only. obviously we will never irradicate all as new people keep joining, but if the penalty system can detect continuous bad behaviour then moving those out of the general lobbies indefinately will minimize chaos and improve the fun

FS7 said:

Believe it or not, a league isn't all that time consuming :p About an hour and a half each Tuesday evening for me, which is time I'd spend gaming after work anyway so it slots in nicely. Plus you're part of a championship, and you're actually driving for something rather than nothing.

In the time you take waiting for a custom lobby to fill up, you could have qualified and already started the race with a league ;) But each to their own! If that's what works for you then good, any way to get a decent race with clean drivers is worth the time invested I'd say.
My problem when it comes to leagues, is in the summer time, I am sometimes gone for weeks at a time. Kinda eliminates any chances of a league lol