Post-patch 3.5 topics to address

Hey everyone,

So the latest patch for the game - Update 3.5, as we're penning it - arrived yesterday. It addressed some technical and visual matters, but we can also see that there are some issues (either existing or appearing after the patch) that you guys are raising concerns with.

Let's do something about that. 

I'm looking to compile a list of the key topics that players are unhappy or unsatisfied with. Some have already been noted and listed, such as: 

- AI difficulty/speed being too fast in higher Leagues - addressed

- Safety Rating/penalty system giving players penalties that are either unfair, or occurring too often/easily 

- Erratic AI causing crashes or problems 

- Cup Points being lost during a disconnection that wasn't the player's fault

- Incorrect lap records/times showing in some areas

- Turning/steering issue in some areas of a track where DRS is activated, inc. Sochi, Melbourne 

The above topics have all been logged, reported and investigated already, so we can try and make improvements. If you have any more information or feedback on the topics above, or have a different concern that needs to be looked into, let's chat. Let me know in the comments below and we'll do all we can to address them.

Thank you 🙂

• Agree 1

Hi since the update no matter what race you do they get in front of u and crash and u get penalized for it and the slide and slip all over and still win even if u don't are u sure it's not a bot really thinking about deleting it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey everyone,

So the latest patch for the game - Update 3.5, as we're penning it - arrived yesterday. It addressed some technical and visual matters, but we can also see that there are some issues (either existing or appearing after the patch) that you guys are raising concerns with.

Let's do something about that. 

I'm looking to compile a list of the key topics that players are unhappy or unsatisfied with. Some have already been noted and listed, such as: 

- AI difficulty/speed being too fast in higher Leagues

- Safety Rating/penalty system giving players penalties that are either unfair, or occurring too often/easily 

- Erratic AI causing crashes or problems 

- Cup Points being lost during a disconnection that wasn't the player's fault

The above topics have all been logged, reported and investigated already, so we can try and make improvements. If you have any more information or feedback on the topics above, or have a different concern that needs to be looked into, let's chat. Let me know in the comments below and we'll do all we can to address them.

Thank you 🙂

Hi Chris

• The grid start is still the number 1 issue in my book.  That REALLY needs fixing.  It works fine in single player mode, so why not in duel mode?
  • Why do the AI cars get an unbelievable slipstream tow when we don't?
  • Can you please tell us the % of times we are racing against another human being versus a bot.
  • Even though I fully expect and accept that there are better drivers than me with faster cars, what I can't accept is obvious cheating.  The events have shown the extent to which that happens.  How will that be addressed in the future?
  • Do you honestly think that the SR rating is worth the bother?  Personally I dont give a rats ass what my SR rating is

I'm sure plenty of people will have other grievances to share with you too 😉

Edited by TH61
  • Agree 5

On sprint races, sometimes steering assist doesnt work(oversteer)

A.I sometimes too fast(overpower) on qualifying race at bahrain and silverstone

Optional:

Optimize or do anything about performance stats

I'd tried with 427 power and 280 aero but still can not beat my stat with 240 power and 308 aero on single race(qualifying race).

I thought there is huge imbalance about this performance stats

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, mcsinklh44 said:

Hi since the update no matter what race you do they get in front of u and crash and u get penalized for it and the slide and slip all over and still win even if u don't are u sure it's not a bot really thinking about deleting it

Good point that speaks to the objective of the game, is it to finish before your opponent or is it to finish as close to first as possible?  

Maybe on a more fundamental level, is F1 Mobile a simulation or  a game?

I (now) have more "Win" success by not passing AI once in the lead for the reason stated above.

And if you make a successful pass, they seem to accelerate, pass, pull in front and over brake at the next turn. Adding collision risk you will not finish much less win.

This is one of the characteristics that give the game a punitive feel at times.

The hint here for now is, if you want more wins, don't pass the bots unless you have to 😉

You don't score extra points for passing the AI.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

• The grid start is still the number 1 issue in my book.  That REALLY needs fixing.  It works fine in single player mode, so why not in duel mode?
  • Can you please tell us the % of times we are racing against another human being versus a bot.

I'm sure plenty of people will have other grievancess to share with you 😉

Grid Start is #1 for me also and good point why different from Single mode?

Always being seeded to the middle and then falling to the back of the pack even with a perfect start feels unfair.  Especially since the AI seem programed to not let you  stay passed.

Seeding the grid factored on fastest or most recent time for that track may be more realistic and feel more fair. 

AI oponents seem much faster in this mode.

One of my biggest complements to the game is it is hard to distinguish an AI opponent from a real player but it would be nice to know. 

• Agree 2

Just remembered another issue:

In qualifying and sprint races, each driver should hit the GO point at the same time.  Its usually around 0.25 to 0.50 of a second behind, but I have seen it up to a full second difference.

• Agree 2

Hi Chris, 

1 hour ago, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

• Why do the AI cars get an unbelievable slipstream tow when we don't?

So far tweak from the last update did not give fun or good expriences. 

Too fast AI in the corner even when they're out of track. Sands doesn't slowing down even a bit, don't ask in straight. They are so perfect, 

Refer back to previous update please. 

Hi guys. 

So as mention before, these are the issues the current update contains.

- AI is hyperfast and unbeatable in most of the cases.

- Grid starts and sprint races are the ones where almost everybody loses a great number of points.

- The only mode where you can beat the opponent (mostly bots) in a league 1 is qualification.

- The crash penalty is a total nonsense, please leave it as it was prior to the last update. So engine penalty when contacting your opponent only. That seemed fair.

- Make sprint race launch even. The game slams the brake on its own and puts the opponent in front of you which makes the race even more frustrating.

- Other that it's fine. Please reduce the AI speed in the duel mode.

Thank you for the solutions hopefully soon to be adressed and updated.

Best regards.

• Agree 1

Here are the MAJOR ISSUES:

1)GRID STARTS ARE STILL UNFAIR AND BIASED EVEN AFTER THE UPDATE

2)The AI are much faster than us ,my car's performance rating is 1418 and I still can't catch up with them

3)THE PARTS INSTALLED ON THE CAR MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE ,AS IN THEY DONT IMPROVE THE CARS PERFORMANCE BY A BIG MARGIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALL THE RARE PARTS INSTALLED.

4)BUYING THE OFFICIAL F1 CARS IS PROVING TO BE A WASTE OF MONEY SINCE THEY ARE THE SAME AS CUSTOM CARS EVEN AFTER ALL THE RARE PARTS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED ON IT.

5) PROVIDE AN OPTION OF INSTALLING MORE THAN JUST 8 PARTS IN THE GARAGE.

6)WE NEED A OPTION TO CHANGE THE CAR'S SETUP ,AS IN REDUCE WINGS ,CHANGE RIDE HEIGHT, BRAKE BIAS ETC

7) INCREASE THE TOP SPEED OF THE CARS,F1 CARS IN REAL LIFE MAXED OUT AT 350 KMPH AND EVEN MORE ON TRACKS LIKE ABU DHABI,BAKU BUT IN THIS GAME THEY ONLY REACH 330 AT BEST WHICH IS SLOW AS HELL.

8)I lost 200 trophies due to loss in internet connection and got no compensation for that

Edited by Maverick1998
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi ,

1. I lost cup points 2 times after the update , requesting to pls check that and it annoys a lot please look into it.

2. The AI bots speed are crazy in duels !!! They don't loose their speed even on sand or gravel ...pls look into their speed limits 

3. It would be great if u add a red light blinking on the back of the car 

4. Multiple weather like rain or snow would be more interesting

5. Pls give more challenges in single race mode since duel has no option of selecting which map or race type and duel challenges are untouched !!! 

6. While we turn left or right it would be great if the front wheel turns . Which will look realistic for UI & UX 

7. Please add public people in the stadium so it looks realistic

8. Please do add other events other than duel and single mode !! Only two modes are boring, try to add a leaderboard and different daily events where players can get more interested and spend more time in the game 

9. Also while we select maps in single race mode pls display more information about the length of the track, and show map details also which will be more interesting.

10. I also personally felt that the game is like "PAY TO WIN" pls do check on this since we need to put real money (which I already did) but still feel not worth it. Wats the fun in it wen the game becomes pay to win !!! 

GET MORE REAL PLAYERS TO PLAY THE GAME AND AUTOMATICALLY MONEY WILL FLOW IN !!! LETS HIT THE PADDLE ONCE SO FAST !!! 

Will further update on feedbacks and bugs !!!

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, IronHide69 said:

8. Please do add other events other than duel and single mode !! Only two modes are boring, try to add a leaderboard and different daily events where players can get more interested and spend more time in the game 

Most of the bugs are well documented in this thread. This one, however, isn't a bug, but it would be a nice addition. Even if the duels were functioning properly, there's not a whole lot of substance in the game. Sure, you could rip through 5 or 6 duels in 10 minutes within a session, but once you're done doing that there isn't much else to do if there isn't an event going on. There should be either more multiplayer options, or a season mode that we can play on our own. If there was a season with 10-20 lap races w/ pit stops I know I'd be playing it everyday. 

In the state that the game is in right now I'm not even playing the duels anymore because I don't want to lose any more points that I've earned. So I'm spending more time on this message board as of late than I am actually playing the game. Since the duels are broken there's nothing else to do in the game right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Has anyone else noticed an opponent can show 2+ seconds behind but instantaneously closes the gap and even jumps ahead at sector 3?

There have been times where this has also worked to my advantage, I suddenly close the gap by + seconds.

Don't know if that could be a data lag issue or the game trying normalize based on sector.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

In the state that the game is in right now I'm not even playing the duels anymore because I don't want to lose any more points that I've earned. So I'm spending more time on this message board as of late than I am actually playing the game. Since the duels are broken there's nothing else to do in the game right now.

Sorry to drift off topic for a post to try to help:  I am winning more than loosing since the update with the following strategy for duel mode:

• Setting the assists to medium, this seems to mitigate the oversteer in some turns. 
  • I  do not pass the AI if ahead of an opponent.  Doing so significantly increases the risk they will induce an incident trying to overtake you again
  • If you can block AI from passing, they will usually match your speed, stay on your tail and make it less likely they will pass. 
  • Grid start is an exception so 3 or 4 of those in a row against an AI opponent is a TP killer.  
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Stepen said:

Optimize or do anything about performance stats

I'd tried with 427 power and 280 aero but still can not beat my stat with 240 power and 308 aero on single race(qualifying race).

I thought there is huge imbalance about this performance stats

Has anyone seen a difference in mix of components testing qualification times?

I'm not a very good/consistent driver but maximum PI seems to make the most difference in my testing?

• Agree 1

- Not just Grid starts is the problem but whole Grid race is weird... Bots are faster and have erratic behaviour..

-Engine penalty is unfair. Hitting a bot from behind because he is too slow in Monaco or Singapore and getting penalty is frustrating.. and if your opp hits you from side you ll get a penalty no matter if you are in front of him or not... and that effects safety ratings...

- There are no lap records for me now. They are all 99.99.99 and for example at Sochi track loading screen it seems lap record is : 1677:31,000 

- Still I do not understand the performance issue....with an all aero car you drive faster... power parts seems no effect on car.. but the simple Newton law says Acceleration = Force / Mass so acceleration must depend on Power and lightness... tried it but acceleration is not improved ( I may be wrong ) 

- In some Sprint races the car suddenly lose power just 1 sec before race starts... Then opp flies away...

6 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

I'm not a very good/consistent driver but maximum PI seems to make the most difference in my testing?

in first event Silverstone I had a 1413 PI car and with that I only made 1.24

with an all aero car 1123 PI I managed 1.20.93. 

dont get the PI thing...

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

PI it just show overall performance of your car...

The problem is about power, aero, and lightweight. At least they should optimize or do any fix to this stats problem

I tried with power above 420+, aero 280, and lightweight 380+ but still can not beat my own time with 240+ power, aero 300+, and lightweight 308...

There is a 2.xxsecs gap between these builds

Edited by Stepen
  • Thanks 1

Generally speaking, I'm astonished that we are being asked how to create a good car racing game by a team of supposedly world class car racing game developers. How is it that you can't see the problems yourself? I've asked this before; is there nobody on the team who can log on as a user and play for an hour and discover the very things that we endure every day? Did you really need us telling you month after month that grid starts didn't work? And still you seem mildly surprised that it has not been solved to any degree of satisfaction. I do comprehend minor issues where an individual may spot a steering problem using DRS on a specific corner using a hand-held device, but most of the things we have been troubled by are universal. I ask myself "how can you be unaware of these problems?"

• Agree 1

Precisely. Actually playing the game in UAT server or production server will tell you what’s broken faster than asking through any survey done anywhere. 

• Agree 1

here's a example of how the game slow the speed of the car before a sprint race begins: look at the speed on the steering wheel, while the countdown 2 to 1, the speed is reduced from 141km\h to 118km\h242384345_Screenshot_20190222-235139_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.a18cfc9068a72c065c8ea33f48782174.jpg807395874_Screenshot_20190222-235157_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.49c8870b5db36ad3f5b58dddd90b34c1.jpg1281038258_Screenshot_20190222-235206_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.b30dc683d59b814bf48f2c7037bb4429.jpg

• Agree 2

Here's a example of how the game slow the speed of the car before a sprint race begins: look at the speed on the steering wheel, while the countdown 2 to 1, the speed is reduced from 141km\h to 118km\h242384345_Screenshot_20190222-235139_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.a18cfc9068a72c065c8ea33f48782174.jpg807395874_Screenshot_20190222-235157_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.49c8870b5db36ad3f5b58dddd90b34c1.jpg1281038258_Screenshot_20190222-235206_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.b30dc683d59b814bf48f2c7037bb4429.jpg

Edited by IIIDanteIII
insert media
  • Agree 2

Hi Chris,

After the recent update today I raced 3 to 4 duels and I see that the bots speed have been overwhelmed...they are ripping the race track and it's crazy ... When they go out of track also their speed do not reduce !!! It's really getting bad ... Even off track I see they don't reduce speed and the time distance also won't reduce !!! Pls check on this ...all the duels I lost literally wats happening !!!😪:classic_blush:... I also noticed one thing in duel, I will be 2 second away from the opponent and all of the sudden on the finish race he jumps to first place !!! OMG tat made me so mad !!! Why are the bots in duel sooooooo fast !!! They never slow down man !!!

Screenshot_20190222-235139_BSPlayer FREE.jpg

Screenshot_20190222-235157_BSPlayer FREE.jpg

Screenshot_20190222-235206_BSPlayer FREE.jpg

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

Having a same issue during battle in duel mode,I mean most of my opponent are always gain couple of seconds ahead of me.and that making me ****** off.Also I having a terrible resolution tracks too.

• Agree 1

Resolution may vary on which device we use ...till now there is no option in settings to change the graphics of the game ...the better the device the better the graphics...I use One Plus 6 and the graphics are great on track...some times while playing with bot I see glitches on them like jumping on tracks but rest is all good