Post-patch 3.5 topics to address

16 hours ago, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

• The grid start is still the number 1 issue in my book.  That REALLY needs fixing.  It works fine in single player mode, so why not in duel mode?
  • Why do the AI cars get an unbelievable slipstream tow when we don't?
  • Can you please tell us the % of times we are racing against another human being versus a bot.
  • Even though I fully expect and accept that there are better drivers than me with faster cars, what I can't accept is obvious cheating.  The events have shown the extent to which that happens.  How will that be addressed in the future?
  • Do you honestly think that the SR rating is worth the bother?  Personally I dont give a rats ass what my SR rating is

I'm sure plenty of people will have other grievances to share with you too 😉

As the Abu Dhabi event has just started, I'd like to make an edit to my 'cheating' comment above.

I think, you've been using these first 3 events as a test run for future events that will follow the F1 calendar, which could be great fun. However, people here are aware that a lot of cheating goes on (you must be too if you're honest) so, although not a technical request, I think we should be able to see a recording of the winning time (or something very near to it)

The only place I can see they would be cheating on this track is at the end of the first DRS section, missing out turn 8 altogether.  (Is the 'Corner Cut' sanction switched on?  Haven't tried qualifying yet) Anybody think of other places?

• Agree 2

That's it I am not going to play any more duels with these AI bots ...OMG I am loosing trophies big time !!! This AI BOT  never looses speed even when it goes out of track !!! Pls resolve this.... till then will play PUBG Screenshot_20190223-134606.thumb.jpg.02b261f36afe47227537b4684a7db8c6.jpg

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, elimmel said:

Precisely. Actually playing the game in UAT server or production server will tell you what’s broken faster than asking through any survey done anywhere. 

That's developer speak no doubt!

The real issue is that the server is ****. It can’t handle live pvp play so as a shortcut, they pit us agst bots. 

Not too bad in qualifying races as bots can’t take you out. 

Sprints are a lottery and grid starts are ****. 

It’s hard to program bot behaviour to take into account real race scenarios and how to react. So easiest is for them to set bots to get on the racing line quickiest (thus aggro AI) and faster straight line speed cos no need to brake to stay on line and lose speed.

delayed starts agst bots also due to server lag. But that is passed back to players for having supposed bad internet connections. 

bottom line is in trying to gloss over a problem, they’ve introduced more instead with each update. Makes sense?

• Agree 2

Saying the user has a bad internet connection is bad excuse. The requirements for the game already restricts users to devices with certain specifications. I am on 4G when I am outside and I have a 1Gbps fiber connection at home with an 802.11ac WiFi network. We are no longer on dial-up modems when bad internet is the norm.

With this patch, the grid start rockets have not been resolved, on the get go on Sochi my opponent blasted to P2 but I dropped back to P12z If a bot decides to forcefully squeeze in from behind you, you better let it past otherwise it would graze past you, looks like it might slam into the wall but then rebound back to slam you out of the track. Yes, opponents are harder to push out now but there’s that unintended effect and it’s working against genuine driving.

Opponents recover from gravel and grass in an instant. How could this be?

Gamers shouldn’t be the ones performing user acceptance tests. This game should be a beta product at best.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, MannSG said:

Saying the user has a bad internet connection is bad excuse. The requirements for the game already restricts users to devices with certain specifications. I am on 4G when I am outside and I have a 1Gbps fiber connection at home with an 802.11ac WiFi network. We are no longer on dial-up modems when bad internet is the norm.

With this patch, the grid start rockets have not been resolved, on the get go on Sochi my opponent blasted to P2 but I dropped back to P12z If a bot decides to forcefully squeeze in from behind you, you better let it past otherwise it would graze past you, looks like it might slam into the wall but then rebound back to slam you out of the track. Yes, opponents are harder to push out now but there’s that unintended effect and it’s working against genuine driving.

Opponents recover from gravel and grass in an instant. How could this be?

Gamers shouldn’t be the ones performing user acceptance tests. This game should be a beta product at best.

Agree. We are not Beta tester 

• Agree 1

After playing with setups for the GP, I'm wondering if the AI might have all their R&D cards maxed out?

• Agree 1

Do we have any discord group were it would be more easy and comfortable to post bugs and give feedback ?? 

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

This is codemasters forum. If things are already not moving anywhere after all the feedback posted here, why would you think it’ll be any better at discord?

Edited by elimmel
  • Agree 2

Guys we also need to give some time to the developers to work upon... They are human beings with only 2 hands and one head 😀... I still remember beta testing for Ingress, Morden strike , PUBG and several things AR games !!! Let's be a bit patient and help then to work upon things !!! I totally understand your situation @elimmel....hope the developers work soon to get the basics right on track !!! Let's see weather they start a official discord group soon !!! They also have other games in which they need to address many other issues !!!

• Agree 2

I repeat. This is not a beta game and we, beta testers. 

There are people actually paying real money for in game purchases. 

You have any idea how long this has gone on? It’s not like it’s the 1st release. Every patch or updates messes up more than it fixes. 

Edited by elimmel
  • Agree 1

I am deleting this as since update everything is broke now no matter what race I do even on the event  you get all the cars smashing into u or when you go round the corner one way it flips you to the other side with out you doing it it just dose it on its own I have spent money on this game and I am not happy codmasters I'm a big f1 fan watched it all my life and played every console game but this game has put me rite of all codmasters games cos of these stupid issues that shud be sorted out

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, mcsinklh44 said:

I am deleting this as since update everything is broke now no matter what race I do even on the event  you get all the cars smashing into u or when you go round the corner one way it flips you to the other side with out you doing it it just dose it on its own I have spent money on this game and I am not happy codmasters I'm a big f1 fan watched it all my life and played every console game but this game has put me rite of all codmasters games cos of these stupid issues that shud be sorted out

They are so slow to response these problems...

I think this game not gonna last long...

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Stepen said:

They are so slow to response these problems...

I think this game not gonna last long...

I used to play this game multiple times a day. I put in my time for the event this weekend, but haven't played it at all other than that this week. The game was built around the duels and with them currently unplayable there's no point. I agree that the user base has got to be shrinking rapidly. Just look at the leader board for the event this weekend. It's mostly bot names.

• Agree 1

I wonder if it wasn't easier just make a game based on carrer mode with development tree instead of useless card and some matches in multiplayer... Like another famous mobile racing game that works pretty much ok. But they choose to do It in another way, so they gonna have to fix

• Agree 1

I've posted something like this in the suzuka event but I've found little more. In Abu Dhabi Event, the clock starts before you crossed the line, when you reach it you are already 1.6sec off the time.

1715885337_Screenshot_20190224-094830_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.4b05e491d3c427088a12cdd15025d817.jpg

(the "GO" is far from the Lights of start)902543848_Screenshot_20190224-095000_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.9273f76c06da8468c8bf83b419f6f70d.jpg

(you reached the start line, time clock is already 01:60sec).

Then when I finish the race with 4:35min, my time was raised to 4:41min, almost 6sec. Still makes no sense.1726929480_Screenshot_20190224-014523_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.dd332ac94d598134e54da18553f39002.jpg

(If the start is far from lights of start. the finish should be far too)

1779918404_Screenshot_20190224-014152_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.ef0fb5f68ce6925b05cdecc4bd2e2b8c.jpg

(but...)

433964178_Screenshot_20190224-014212_BSPlayerFREE.thumb.jpg.7152e028d81e08663b9ed721609c17e1.jpg

beginning clip

finishing clip

5 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

I used to play this game multiple times a day. I put in my time for the event this weekend, but haven't played it at all other than that this week. The game was built around the duels and with them currently unplayable there's no point. I agree that the user base has got to be shrinking rapidly. Just look at the leader board for the event this weekend. It's mostly bot names.

So the top number 1 madman is a bot?

• Sad 1

On 2/22/2019 at 11:11 AM, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

• The grid start is still the number 1 issue in my book.  That REALLY needs fixing.  It works fine in single player mode, so why not in duel mode?
  • Why do the AI cars get an unbelievable slipstream tow when we don't?
  • Can you please tell us the % of times we are racing against another human being versus a bot.
  • Even though I fully expect and accept that there are better drivers than me with faster cars, what I can't accept is obvious cheating.  The events have shown the extent to which that happens.  How will that be addressed in the future?
  • Do you honestly think that the SR rating is worth the bother?  Personally I dont give a rats ass what my SR rating is

I'm sure plenty of people will have other grievances to share with you too 😉

If you think how real drivers behaves when there's no gap in fasts corners; they brake or they'll crash like lewis and nico in catalunya. But the I.A. is more like: well, I'm not schedule to brake in the 130R corner of suzuka, or in the S's of Silvertone and Austin... So I'll not brake and pass the player from the inside, even if we cause collision. 🤔

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Stepen said:

So the top number 1 madman is a bot?

Some of the names at the top are probably human. I'm really curious to see how they're achieving those times though. I thought my lap times were good and I'm still 5 seconds off their pace.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

Some of the names at the top are probably human. I'm really curious to see how they're achieving those times though. I thought my lap times were good and I'm still 5 seconds off their pace.

I'd tried with 1309 PI which focus more power and average aero, at the first DRS zone after cornering my speed reached above 300km/h in just a few secs before the end of the DRS zone, but got a hard time while cornering because low brakes,  and low handling stats.

This 1309 PI just gave me 0.2x - 0.8x sec faster than my highest PI (1433). Still wondering how to make to the top 100 gold position

xD

Screenshot_2019-02-25-07-55-58-103_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.png

Screenshot_2019-02-25-07-56-16-251_com.codemasters.F1Mobile.png

• Agree 1

@stepen that a great set of parts u have there !!! But I always remember tat in F1 power is not tat important(due to less DRS Zones available) the main thing which I always consider is cornering !!! For that I always have high handling and brake system , and also try to tune ur in game option of braking and steering which will help u more in cornering, best thing is to keep it balanced :classic_biggrin: try try try till u get the time u want 👍 all the best mate 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

Maybe their R&D cards are maxed out?

Curious cars 5 sec faster qualifying were less than one second faster in the races.  Not sure I follow that math.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IronHide69 said:

@stepen that a great set of parts u have there !!! But I always remember tat in F1 power is not tat important(due to less DRS Zones available) the main thing which I always consider is cornering !!! For that I always have high handling and brake system , and also try to tune ur in game option of braking and steering which will help u more in cornering, best thing is to keep it balanced :classic_biggrin: try try try till u get the time u want 👍 all the best mate 

Power is good for accelaration after pass the corner, aero is good for long straight

My default PI is 1433, my option settings

Brake assist high

Steering assist full

Stability Full

Sensitivity -10

So, i just tap a bit or slightly before cornering especially at sharp corner because my brakes and handling stats already enough, at normal corner i dont press brake button. The problem with this PI is just lack of accelaration... On abu dhabi event grid start with perfect start i fall to 3rd pos

xD

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, IronHide69 said:

Very true, I picked up close to 3 seconds in sector 3 with more handling. (lost about a second elsewhere).  That part of the fun of racing, improve one thing you make it worse someplace else 😉

3 minutes ago, Stepen said:

On abu dhabi event grid start with perfect start i fall to 3rd pos

xD

Seems to be that's the way the game works at the moment, nothing you can do in setup to improve Grid start.