Post-patch 3.5 topics to address

On 2/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey everyone,

So the latest patch for the game - Update 3.5, as we're penning it - arrived yesterday. It addressed some technical and visual matters, but we can also see that there are some issues (either existing or appearing after the patch) that you guys are raising concerns with.

Let's do something about that. 

I'm looking to compile a list of the key topics that players are unhappy or unsatisfied with. Some have already been noted and listed, such as: 

- AI difficulty/speed being too fast in higher Leagues

- Safety Rating/penalty system giving players penalties that are either unfair, or occurring too often/easily 

- Erratic AI causing crashes or problems 

- Cup Points being lost during a disconnection that wasn't the player's fault

The above topics have all been logged, reported and investigated already, so we can try and make improvements. If you have any more information or feedback on the topics above, or have a different concern that needs to be looked into, let's chat. Let me know in the comments below and we'll do all we can to address them.

Thank you 🙂

Hello again Chris

You've been given plenty of insight in this thread as to the problems we face.  

Looking forward to hearing from you about which things you will take away from this exercise.

Please keep us informed

• Agree 1

Thank you to everyone for their feedback so far 🙂 information on any specific things you're noticing, device details, modes you're playing in, etc - it's all useful and being taken on board.

Changes based on your feedback begin today. This afternoon, we plan to roll out a secondary change to the AI difficulty balancing. This should make races in higher Leagues easier to win and/or be competitive in, as well as improve the situation at the beginning of some Grid Start races. No patch or maintenance will be needed for this change, and we'll let you know when it's rolling out.

Next in the pipeline should be a change to the penalty system for contact between cars or corner cutting, to make it more consistent and less intrusive. Once we have an ETA for this change, I'll pass it on.

Thank you again 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Wow that great @ChrisGrovesMCM !!! I also miss the red light on the back !!! Waiting to see the new changes in the AI speed level ... And okease check the connectivity issue...I am loosing on cup points for connection issues.... Just now git disconnected 2 times and lost points ... Pls check that also 

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

UPDATE: That change to the AI difficulty balance is now rolling out across all compatible devices. Thank you for your patience! 

Once you notice this change in the game, please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the AI speed and how competitive you are in races. Please keep in mind that due to League placement and car performance, not everyone's in-race experience will be the same. Thank you 🙂 

• Agree 1

@ChrisGrovesMCM I just played 2 duels where the opponent speed was balanced but the third race was really crazy !!! It was a grid start duel and when I light went green I was able to see my opponent pushing right down inside all the other cars and blasted off !!! It's was as if he went past through all the other cars like a ghost !!! I have also attached the screen shot of the race start and the distance he was away from me !!! OMG grid start has become more spooky !!! We both were in the last grid position and within 5-10 sec he pass through all the cars and wen like a ghost Rider !!! Pls check this...in the image below and on the track I was not able to see his marker also... He just vanished ☠️

Screenshot_20190225-201145.jpg

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

The duel I had now a fun !!! The opponent was ahead of me and all of the sudden I see his car broken down in the middle of the track and his car started to fly up and down on the tracks ....so high the car flew and it was jumping on the tracks !!! 

Screenshot_20190225-202550.jpg

• Sad 1

The grid starts definitely seem to have improved. The AI is no longer rocketing away and I'm not dropping to last place immediately. Will keep playing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Hi All I am stumpf Péter fast f1 Mobil racer all event i am in the topp 16  abu dabi 6.  so i am high LVL driver with freat setups and all parts .We have one group onthe facebook with 600 players F1 Mobile Racing 2018 Codemasters ios Android Mobile Fanpage  and we speak all day with all players to impove the game. we whant the game will by the best racing game on mobil.  I have a few letters frome our group about problems...   best regards i looking forward.. stumpfp thanks

52602170_379070025978825_6725372177933139968_n.jpg

52601996_2245552602133712_7300447107498901504_o.jpg

52794027_2245552622133710_3885535420951298048_o.jpg

52638714_2241414155880890_4883783844580294656_o.jpg

53181572_2241414162547556_1928771414932848640_o.jpg

52448026_2239737426048563_14350799995928576_o.jpg

52394549_2237500169605622_8565631944757346304_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

AI is to aggressive, All starts needs to simulate a realistic F1 start and performamce between player and AI should match. I don't really understand why this is an issue we have to complain about. 

But here's what I really would like to see!

The cars players can purchase understeers and its GREAT! The reason why is that if all cars performed like this it would be more difficult for players to cornercut and gain unfair advantage. Also the races feel more realistic when ur able to lose grip when not following a good raceline. This would also help with AI not being to easy (not for me tho ;)).

Many top players focus on finding corners to cut and when they do find these places, the advantage makes them unable to beat if your own focus isn't to cornercut. Cornercutting penalties should be introduced ASAP. 

This game is really a great racing game. And some improvments to eliminate cheating like cornercutting and implimenting real F1 rules would make this game EPIC! 

IMG-0319.PNG

• Agree 1

I still don't understand why have the developers not worked on the loosing if cup points due to network issue ??? Dam I lost so many cups due to this freaking issue !!! So stupid it seems !!! With out racing how can a player loose cup points !! @ChrisGrovesMCM requesting to look into this please !!! 

• Agree 1

To the whole team. Guys...great work with the update. The AI now perfectly balanced. Not so hyperfast but still challenging. The same goes for bot oponents. The engine failure system still sucks, but hey...I'll take it for what it is. If you manage to keep it as it is and hopefully improve, then we have our game back solid and enjoyable. Great work and thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I updated up to a maximum of 8 levels of R&D parts (Rear Wing, Cockpit, Brake Disks, Engine block, Steering Wheel etc.), and then found new parts for these R&D parts,why? What is the purpose? What's the point of this, if I upgrade to the maximum and then I get new unnecessary parts? It would be better and smarter to receive parts for other R&D parts that are not upgraded to the maximum, so the game has some sense and purpose.

PLEASE, make an end (maximum) of parts that we can achieve for each R&D part! And when you acheive it you should not receive any more parts for that R&D part.

Thanks & Best regards

IMG_6962.PNG

• Agree 1

Os carros são muito agressivo na hora de ultrapassar, quer ultrapassar em local em difícil acesso, e no modo de qualificação estou perdendo ponto de segurança coisa que não é pra acontecer

• Like 1

Thanks @ChrisGrovesMCM for tweak. AI slowed down at corner & its speed was logic. It's much better but still competitive. 

I have suggestions here. 

1. Let player know the circuit that will be raced for Duel. 

2. There will be time given to do some set up prior to race. 

Hope these suggestions could help to improve excitement, experience. 

Edited by Sacka
Spelling
  • Like 1

Can any body explain me why is the limit to 30 and how can I increase the base points, in the below picture my car performance points is 30 and if I need to increase it I am not able to do so...can some one please explain me wat to do here ... How to upgrade ... If I drag and drop any other parts I am not able to do so...

Screenshot_20190226-074255.jpg

Edited by IronHide69
  • Agree 1

Improve your league standing. Higher leagues increases your base points limit

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StumpfPeter said:

Hi All I am stumpf Péter fast f1 Mobil racer all event i am in the topp 16  abu dabi 6.  so i am high LVL driver with freat setups and all parts .We have one group onthe facebook with 600 players F1 Mobile Racing 2018 Codemasters ios Android Mobile Fanpage  and we speak all day with all players to impove the game. we whant the game will by the best racing game on mobil.  I have a few letters frome our group about problems...   best regards i looking forward.. stumpfp thanks

top 16!!  Thats impressive. WELL DONE

I haven't used FB for years, but are there videos of drivers doing these amazingly fast times?  Would love to see one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rou58858 said:

To the whole team. Guys...great work with the update. The AI now perfectly balanced. Not so hyperfast but still challenging. The same goes for bot oponents. The engine failure system still sucks, but hey...I'll take it for what it is. If you manage to keep it as it is and hopefully improve, then we have our game back solid and enjoyable. Great work and thank you.

Thank you for the feedback and we're glad you, and others, are happy with the difficulty balance 🙂 

On the engine/penalties system, this is our next priority. We should be able to make changes here that makes the system more consistent and less intrusive. This requires a re-upload and a new build so we probably won't be able to put it live until Update 4 in March, so we'll use that time to give it every chance of improving the penalties. 👍 

• Like 1

@ChrisGrovesMCM the latest patches seem going in the right direction, thanks

Said that there is still in my experience a big issue in grid races.

After a lot of tests I have been able to find a behavioural pattern in how bot AI react (more than 40 grid races in the last 24 hours)
If you start on grid position 6, now with a good start you are able to keep your opponent behind you. And if you are able to defend your position until first turn, there are very good chances to win the duel. Other cars are still faster but not as fast as before. (winning % around 70%)
If you start on grid position 7 everything changes. If your opponent is in front of you at the first turn, there is no way to win (sometimes if you lucky the opponent could strikes other cars but it is not so common as before). On some circuits you still get 4/6 seconds at the end.  (winning % around 5/10%)

Also I noticed that if for any reason you can put a good gap between you and your opponent, its performances fall down and you win easily.
So to me seem that AI reacts differently based on the gap accumulated in first seconds of the grid race.

Could you pass this info to developers?

Thanks
Paolo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Artadian said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM the latest patches seem going in the right direction, thanks

Said that there is still in my experience a big issue in grid races.

After a lot of tests I have been able to find a behavioural pattern in how bot AI react (more than 40 grid races in the last 24 hours)
If you start on grid position 6, now with a good start you are able to keep your opponent behind you. And if you are able to defend your position until first turn, there are very good chances to win the duel. Other cars are still faster but not as fast as before. (winning % around 70%)
If you start on grid position 7 everything changes. If your opponent is in front of you at the first turn, there is no way to win (sometimes if you lucky the opponent could strikes other cars but it is not so common as before). On some circuits you still get 4/6 seconds at the end.  (winning % around 5/10%)

Also I noticed that if for any reason you can put a good gap between you and your opponent, its performances fall down and you win easily.
So to me seem that AI reacts differently based on the gap accumulated in first seconds of the grid race.

Could you pass this info to developers?

Thanks
Paolo

It seems to be the same for sprints. 

Once opponents are in front after the 1st corner, it’s able to gradually increase the gap and slice through bots easily. 

Whereas we struggle to keep up and usually drop further down the field. Tough to pass bots as we’re always hit with engine penalties 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I still don't understand why the hell do AI cars don't loose speed when they go off track ??? I played a duel now and the opponent car was not reducing it's speed when it goes off track....what kind of stupidity is this ???? How the hell can they go so fast even off track...and we reduce speed when we go off track... Seriously this one is annoying so annoying... 😠

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, StumpfPeter said:

@StumpfPeter great info, thanks for posting amd congrat's on the GP times you all earned!

Please let me know when you guys sleep, I'll play then when my chances are better 😎

Ciao!

• Agree 1