Post-patch 3.5 topics to address

2 hours ago, elimmel said:

It seems to be the same for sprints. 

Once opponents are in front after the 1st corner, it’s able to gradually increase the gap and slice through bots easily. 

Whereas we struggle to keep up and usually drop further down the field. Tough to pass bots as we’re always hit with engine penalties 

@elimmel - very well articulated, matches my more experience exactly. It's almost like the changes didn't apply to the lead AI.  

Or that AI is using STUMPFP car data :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Very pathetic this one is... @ChrisGrovesMCMpls put this across to developers for the loss of cup points due to connecting issues ... Pls ...this is really annoying and I am loosing points big time...becoz if this I am not able to go to higher league and bit having fun in the game ... please rectify this

Screenshot_20190226-213643.jpg

• Sad 1

I am one of the Moderator the F'1 MOBIL RACING GROUP on facebook we are now ower 600 people you can right my all the day i am from HUNGARY.. se the time ZONe frome :9.00 -- 23.00 i am here thanks 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, IRIRAN said:

I updated up to a maximum of 8 levels of R&D parts (Rear Wing, Cockpit, Brake Disks, Engine block, Steering Wheel etc.), and then found new parts for these R&D parts,why? What is the purpose? What's the point of this, if I upgrade to the maximum and then I get new unnecessary parts? It would be better and smarter to receive parts for other R&D parts that are not upgraded to the maximum, so the game has some sense and purpose.

PLEASE, make an end (maximum) of parts that we can achieve for each R&D part! And when you acheive it you should not receive any more parts for that R&D part.

Thanks & Best regards

IMG_6962.PNG

What is your PI? I've been trying to find out where the limits on the performance index is. 

Getting some game freeze and server disconnections... points lost. But that’s tolerable. 

Coders may want to have a relook at tracks like Bahrain and Melbourne. 

Bots don’t seem to need to break going into corners and even when they hit sand or grass, speed does not suffer. It’s getting irritating to lead for 2 sectors only to lose at the end cos I need to break to avoid the sand/grass. Braking earlier, bots past me. Brake late, bots contact me and I get engine penalty or pushed offline. 

Otherwise the current game is much more playable. 

30 minutes ago, elimmel said:

Bots don’t seem to need to break going into corners and even when they hit sand or grass, speed does not suffer. It’s getting irritating to lead for 2 sectors only to lose at the end cos I need to break to avoid the sand/grass. Braking earlier, bots past me. Brake late, bots contact me and I get engine penalty or pushed offline. . 

I suspect "time warp" happens with AI opponents jumping ahead at sector 3 by something just less than your time advantage the first two sectors

Feels like the software trying to make it a close finish.

Results look like this where the sector 3 gap the sum of the first two sectors.

137033D6-33F7-4581-99A5-1B8EB9314BD7.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Nothing has been done in grid starts as far as I'm concerned,I just lost 4 grid start duels in a row where the opponent shot past me and the AI cars too and I was in the last place by the first corner ,you guys are the worst developers I've ever seen,I'm in league 1 with a PI of 1421 and I also have the official Ferrari F1 car , please explain me how I can lose 4 grid start duels in a row and for your information I had a perfect start in each of those duels ,this is not a word of lie ,I had a perfect start in each of those duels and still lost.This game is just pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Can some one explain me what is the benefit of getting a official car ?? Do we have any advantage of it or is just for the official decals and the brand ???  Do we get more power in stock official car ??? 

29 minutes ago, IronHide69 said:

Can some one explain me what is the benefit of getting a official car ?? Do we have any advantage of it or is just for the official decals and the brand ???  Do we get more power in stock official car ??? 

I have a Mercedes and I can swap my custom car and there is almost no difference. With some settings like stability and steering assists off, the Mercedes performs worse than the custom. It's really slippery around the fast bends at Suzuka so I used the custom car for the Japan Event and it was faster and more glued to the track. But having said that the Mercedes does feel like it has more straight line speed, but it's almost indiscernible. More a feeling than something that shows up in lap times.

Edited by slayton
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maverick1998 said:

Nothing has been done in grid starts as far as I'm concerned,I just lost 4 grid start duels in a row where the opponent shot past me and the AI cars too and I was in the last place by the first corner ,you guys are the worst developers I've ever seen,I'm in league 1 with a PI of 1421 and I also have the official Ferrari F1 car , please explain me how I can lose 4 grid start duels in a row and for your information I had a perfect start in each of those duels ,this is not a word of lie ,I had a perfect start in each of those duels and still lost.This game is just pathetic.

Agreed. We still aren't competitive. We aren't fast enough. We are confronted in every race by AI blockading every part of the track. It's still the least enjoyable part of many disappointing parts.

• Like 1

It’s cos the bot opponent in grid start is coded to have perfect starts all the time. If you start at p6, you have a slight chance if distance to 1st corner is short. If starting in p7, no chance as effectively you’re going to be always behind even if perfect start. As other bots close in and swarm you, race over. 

Edited by elimmel

8 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

I suspect "time warp" happens with AI opponents jumping ahead at sector 3 by something just less than your time advantage the first two sectors

Feels like the software trying to make it a close finish.

Results look like this where the sector 3 gap the sum of the first two sectors.

137033D6-33F7-4581-99A5-1B8EB9314BD7.jpeg

Already mention this problem in another topic but noone cared.. 

And the miscalculation of times for Abu Dhabi event is interesting just for me no one cared it either....

Sera que vai ter uma atualização antes da temporada oficial, corrigindo erros, adicionando coisas novas no jogo, pra poder começar a temporada 100%

3 minutes ago, Fellypealves said:

Sera que vai ter uma atualização antes da temporada oficial, corrigindo erros, adicionando coisas novas no jogo, pra poder começar a temporada 100%

So as far as I understand from google translate There will be a new patch to correct bugs mistakes just before official season starts...

and this guy is hopeful 🙂

• Agree 1

I feel really stuck between a rock and a hard place with this situation.

I'm not going to race duels until the grid starts etc are fixed and reading all these comments it's far from fixed. I refuse to lose points by being an unpaid beta tester for Codemasters. That REALLY shouldn't be our responsibility

But if I dont race duels, I don't get blueprints to better my car.

Just have to make do with what I've got I suppose, bloody frustrating though 😡

3 minutes ago, TH61 said:

I feel really stuck between a rock and a hard place with this situation.

I'm not going to race duels until the grid starts etc are fixed and reading all these comments it's far from fixed. I refuse to lose points by being an unpaid beta tester for Codemasters. That REALLY shouldn't be our responsibility

But if I dont race duels, I don't get blueprints to better my car.

Just have to make do with what I've got I suppose, bloody frustrating though 😡

Grid starts are not bugged... Grid Race is bugged... 

Just wait till 4th red light on.. press clutch when 4th red light on and there you go....

but after 2-3 sec the bots accelerating so fast.... this is not happening in sprint race..

• Like 2

Hey all - just made a quick edit to the thread's description, as we add a couple of topics for our team to focus on based on your feedback 🙂 

Worth noting that the majority of changes we could make at this point require new builds and maintenance, meaning they would arrive in Update 4 in a few weeks. However, if there is anything at all we can change without a new upload needed, we'll make it happen and let you know! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Grid starts in single mode are much more fun and competitive so maybe a good model for the next release:

• The AI don't run away at start or during the race
  • They spread out and give room and opportunities to pass without contact
  • There's no slowdown on contact
  • Agree 2

I think one of the most disheartening things in all game modes is seeing your opponent (and bots to a lesser extent) speed away from you in less than a second at what I estimate to be around 400km/h. If our cars accelerate at a restricted and realistic rate as we proceed through gear changes under no circumstances should any other car have the ability to achieve instant speeds. It is a deflating feeling for me personally and I'm sure it contributes to other members frustration when they want to actually engage in "genuine racing against other drivers in a realistic environment"

Also as I just noted, again the penalties do not make the game fairer. A Sprint race just resulted in a loss because of bots suddenly dropping speed exiting a corner, while I was accelerating. My opponent races away and I not only am I trying to catch him but prevent the previous penalty by braking for a bot which of course makes me totally uncompetitive. My point: Overall speeds and handling of other cars need to be made consistent for your particular category. Not identical, nor slower, but somewhere in the vicinity of what I would call "making a race of it" where each race generates excitement, rather than "just hit the quit button and accept the loss"

Edited by slayton
  • Agree 2

Last night I had to hit quit 3 races straight. 

Exactly due to the reasons stated by slayton 

And just to flog a dead horse... Grid Starts are still plain awful. I just did a personal best lap time at Silverstone but came 12th. My opponent finished where he started 6th on the grid. But he beat me by five seconds and he was only 6th!! So what lap times are the winning cars doing?? This is nothing like fixed.

• Agree 1

Seeing some consistent reporting now on Grid Start events being problematic in Duel mode, with the AI being too fast. It's now logged and being investigated. Thank you all 👍 

55 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Seeing some consistent reporting now on Grid Start events being problematic in Duel mode, with the AI being too fast. It's now logged and being investigated. Thank you all 👍 

@ChrisGrovesMCM 

We already report this before this patch.. In fact I posted a vldeo about it.. What did dev team do? They declded to punish us when bots hit our car in the back...