DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity [CM Note: Check first post]

PJTierney

If you're playing on Windows 7, this is essential reading as you'll need to manually install a security patch to connect.

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney

The thread you are reading is out of date, please use this one instead:

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)

Just took several minutes to upload a stage time in a weekly. Cannot connect to clubs at all. My Team being painfully slow. Offline play it is

20200328201825_1.thumb.jpg.05713de47b59b412ee062b9983d88eea.jpg

edit. It's just that even offline play is painfully slow since after every stage you have to upload your time to some leaderboard I could care less about which takes a long time when Racenet is being this slow. Just genius game design

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Club-Servers don't work anymore. Again.
Website doesn't load, In-Game, too.

Seems to be completely down here too. 20 minutes of this. 

D56B0E2C-CB8F-4DDE-93C2-ACAEBBD02A18.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The servers (club servers) seem to be not completely down, but extremely slow and unreliable.
Probably because it's weekend, new DLC and GotY is out, everyone staying at home trying to play the game and Codemasters couldn't see that coming.

They MAYBE should think about up there server capacity and have some reserve for circumstances like this.
Over a year now with these constant weekend server issues.

On the positive side I saw some improvements over the last weeks.
The system worked better, even if there were some problems.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've had no problems in the past few months and I've played it every day, every event
The first time today.
Definitely Codemasters needs more server capacity, if you are not prepared for it, this is unprofessional

I would've preferred to wait an extra month for the CMR stuff and have a working RaceNet with it. The problem is bad, and I mean, cmon, this isn't the first time, these issues are creeping up over a YEAR! It's plenty of time to rewrite it from scratch twice over. If it's been done and it's not helping, "go medieval on your architect's ass" (c) for they aren't very good at that architecting business.

All this fuss and emotions just because I was doing rather well in one of the clubs (and I'm not the fastest cookie in the jar), only to end up with DNF in one of the stages that didn't even load.

• Agree 1

Servers all over the world are at peak capacity at the moment due to everyone working from home because of the coronavirus.

the Gran Turismo Sport servers have been terrible this weekend too.

It's not just Racenet.

To still have the same issues over a year since they were first brought up and no alternative but to keep taking a DNF and 10 minute penalty is beyond madness. 

The fact that everyone around the world is in lockdown and accessing the service with the extra time should only result in a latency issue. There has been more than enough opportunity to release a fix that could allow an option to have some locally stored file until connectivity is restored! (As much as that may open the results to being tampered with on the local file, you could have an unofficial result if you choose to complete the challenges rather than DNF!)

2 and a half events into a monthly challenge and I’m stuck with racenet connection issues. Had them 11 hours ago and yesterday too. Most of my weekly challenges over the past two weeks have a DNF stage due to this error. 

Almost downloaded F1 2019 too but thankfully after giving DR2.0 a go, I’ll hold out with any further CM games if the racenet server issues persist! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Connection issues AGAIN. Sort yourselves out Codemasters.

"Communicating with server" at every step. I try to start a stage on My Team and it won't connect.

It's pointless playing My Team now. Why does it have to rely on the internet and which bright spark thought it was a good idea?

Edited by WestHam66
  • Agree 1

This days it is very difficult to be connect with the server. You want to play but you can't. 

19 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Relax! They just want to show ppl that bought the GOTY-edition what they have to look forward to!

Imagine paying £7.99 for DLC and not being able to use the content on My Team or multiplayer 😂

And again. Doing another monthly challenge. Shows and UPDATES the leaderboard and I can run an internet test successfully on the PS multiple times but no matter what I do I can’t get past the connection failed option at the end of the stage! 

Yesterday i was playing "my career" rally championship. I am in elite level, i play Germany, Monte Carlo, Spain and next was Poland. I was first but the problem yesterday with the servers i lost all my progress. Now i suppose i must try again a new championship from the beginning, to reach master level. 

Fix the broken racenet, CodeMaster. It ruins the experience of play DR2.0 a lot!

1 hour ago, JKangSC said:

Fix the broken racenet, CodeMaster. It ruins the experience of play DR2.0 a lot!

It would be better if when it can't connect, progress is saved locally and then uploaded when there is a connection.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, WestHam66 said:

It would be better if when it can't connect, progress is saved locally and then uploaded when there is a connection.

Good suggestion, if anyone is still listening to feedback at this stage...?

I imagine most of us would rather see the end of Racenet, but failing that, saving progress locally until a connection can be re-established would still allow leaderboards/progression to be protected from abuse (if that is indeed the main reason CM titles now insist on a connection), but without the negative experiences when there are brief interruptions. Or if it's still a concern, perhaps limit the number of events or similar that can be completed before requiring a connection, and/or perhaps put any rewards on hold, to be unlocked once a connection can be established to log & "confirm" your progress.

This has been a problem with various CM titles for some time now, not just DR2.0... often cropping up after new game releases, updates or big sales events (anything with an influx of new players / traffic). But even outside of those kinds of events where Racenet issues have become predictable (where increased capacity should have been planned for those short periods), there can still be outages that players/CM have no control over, regardless of your equipment or stability of your connection, etc. This kind of "local progress until next connect" would help alleviate a lot of the friction players experience.

• Agree 2

Hi Codemaster.

Having problem connecting to server now. Hope the servers will get back up soon :)

Regards Jan Nielsen, Denmark....

Posted (edited)

I can't connect. This is getting ridiculous now. How many times do we have to complain about server connection issues before Codemasters bother to do anything?

What's worse is that it's not a recent issue! People on here have been complaining since the game was released and nothing gets fixed. Please Codemasters, either improve your servers or make My Team playable offline.

@PJTierney

Edited by WestHam66
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Server has been down for me since the release of Flatout(perhaps earlier if I played then :p )

Only thing I want to do is upgrade the 2 new cars fully. But I can understand why it's down and why it's not being worked on. It's not the end of the world for me. Plenty of other games releasing these days.

• Confused 1

Hi. I buy the game yesterday. I can´t play the game. No connecting server. i need help. or is the server down?

Hi Codemasters. I'm having issues connecting to the Dirt 2 Servers. Is there any technical server problems?

Will be gratefull with all the help given these tough times and what everybody is going through.

Many thanks and Stay Safe

Dirt 2 Connection Error.jpg

Posted (edited)

<moved to proper thread on tech assistance>

Edited by AlleyViper

Purchased the game 2 days ago, Can not connect to Server since this morning 🙂

for 5+ hours now - Country Egypt

And please add Egypt to the Country list in game? lol

Posted (edited)

I bought the game last year and if there is online user compulsion,
 Codemasters also need to make sure the server is accessible
Edited by gleylancer571

+1 with the no connectivity to the server. Bought this game yesterday and I already regret that. 😞 Too bad because the game seems fine but I bought it to play along with my friends online.