DiRT Rally 2.0 - RaceNet Connectivity Issues

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we've looked into RaceNet connectivity. We have now implemented a fix - please let us know how you get on with connecting to the server. We are monitoring everything - but if you continue to have issues, please let us know immediately so we can give it the attention it deserves.

To clarify, it's only the My Team/Career part of the game that requires connection to RaceNet. You can play Custom Championships. RX Championships, Historic Championships, and all other parts of the game without a connection.

Thanks,
Christina

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, snicol said:

Looks like it’s down again on Xbox....

Ok, an 11gb patch has just appeared so I’m hoping that’s part of the solution

Last two hours it has been flawless, so looks stable now.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Dytut said:

Last two hours it has been flawless, so looks stable now.

Shortly after you posted that I started getting RaceNet issues (Xbox) :classic_mellow:

I was stuck in a post-event screen for about 10 minutes before saying “screw it” and backing out to Main Menu.

Edited by PJTierney

Hat some issues about one hour ago when i was doing the daily events .
I played one and after the game could not connect. (PC)

on and off issues for me to.

to clarify...... that is a big part of the SINGLE PLAYER experience that we cant play unless online and lots of players dont like that.

So i cant use all the deluxe content i paid extra for unless i play online.

It doesnt matter anyway as i am physically handicapped and no ai difficulty settings/slider in career mod is to difficult, thats why i stopped playing dirt rally.  too bad because it is fun to drive even when you are bad at it.

I saw a player on twitch set ai difficulty so i assumed..........It never dawned on my that it wouldnt be in the career mode.

my bad, i should have done better research

im interested in seeing how the steam reviews go. lol

Edited by ch3sty
  • Agree 1

Connectivity issues are one thing, the question as to the requirement to be permanently online just to be able to play a single player career mode is quite another. It makes me concerned about the ability to use DLC content (stages) with the various single player modes too, so I'd like some sort of confirmation on where these will or won't be available to use in game please.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Connectivity issues are one thing, the question as to the requirement to be permanently online just to be able to play a single player career mode is quite another. It makes me concerned about the ability to use DLC content (stages) with the various single player modes too, so I'd like some sort of confirmation on where these will or won't be available to use in game please.

Totally agree with you for everything. And why DLC stages are arriving so lately ? I mean that we have enough cars for the time being. Monte carlo should arrive before cars. 

• Agree 1

Can't connect to Racenet for about 20 mins and I can't save my stage I just completed. So fix wasn't successful. 😞

Just re launched the game and it told me I had a wrong career state. Reset the Rally and the RX championship, lost two stages and one RX run. Also now the events in both of them are different, than when I first started them.  Are you still changing stuff around? Is it safe to even start a long career?

Would be really angersome, if something like that would happen in the final Rally of a Masters championship

No it isn't fixed. But why should it be easy to fix, cm never succeeded to gix it in dirt rally 1...

And yet again there's trouble connecting to Racenet. "Communicating with Racenet" and nothing happens. At 1PM CET everything was OK and now it's downhill again. What will happen on Tuesday when thousands of new players will try to connect to Racenet.?

I confirm, at this moment I had to try for at least 5 minutes before being able to connect to racenet, I have been playing for at least an hour and for each stage I have to try several times before succeeding.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, ChristinaMc said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we've looked into RaceNet connectivity. We have now implemented a fix - please let us know how you get on with connecting to the server. We are monitoring everything - but if you continue to have issues, please let us know immediately so we can give it the attention it deserves.

To clarify, it's only the My Team/Career part of the game that requires connection to RaceNet. You can play Custom Championships. RX Championships, Historic Championships, and all other parts of the game without a connection.

Thanks,
Christina

Thanks so much for communicating. You guys are doing a good job.

The issues still persist though. Because of the RaceNet issues, I couldn't save my progress in my weekly. 😞

Sunday morning 10:00 am PST Racenet still sporadic.  On 1st early release day worked great, then not so much!   2nd day I've finished a daily and had it log a dnf.  This is a big buzzkill Codies!

RaceNet is messed up again. Unable to start the challenges and it's an automatic DNF. Apparently can't play the career as well.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

This is rather pathetic to be honest. It's seemingly worked fine, until I'm actually planning to start a daily challenge. Connects, loads the service park. But when I click "start" it's just connection failed, either retry, back or main menu.
Back is back to service park. There are limits on how long I am going to let the game stand in the service menu, so I try again. No luck. I do a shakedown, go back to the service menu, try yet again. No connection failed. Oh well. Let's repair the damage from shakedown (you know, use the in-game money), and go back to the menu and try later.

But no. Going back to the menu brings a big, fat, red DNF on that daily. Utterly utterly brilliant.

If RaceNet had been a new thing, for DR2.0, fine. But it's not new at all. This isn't a thing that's untested. Poor showings, and it will lead to negativity and less sales.

Edited by Myrvold
  • Agree 4

I got a couple of connection errors last night (PS4) when doing the daily challenges, doesn't seem like it is fully resolved yet!

Today I lost 3 staged of the R5 weekly event. And I am now logged out of it (DNF), because the game was unable to upload my time.

A little bummed, as I was on Pos. 21 overall after the first stages

7 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Today I lost 3 staged of the R5 weekly event. And I am now logged out of it (DNF), because the game was unable to upload my time.

A little bummed, as I was on Pos. 21 overall after the first stages

Try again to play, it logged me out and after opening the game again I could keep playing the stage after I lost the connection, thankfully because I was having a good pace, ruined by going too fast then but not because of racenet lol 😋

• Like 1

I recall with the last game i could login online and see my stats from the game, distance driven etc. I think on the games homepage. Cant find this anywhere this time around or where should i go? Sorry if this is a newbie question 🙂

I'd rather just drop the always Online part, it's annoying waiting for connectivity between every single page in the menu and then between races etc. 

• Agree 1