DiRT Rally 2.0 - RaceNet Connectivity Issues

They need to take the hint and bin racenet totally, it is pointless and just causes issues.

18 hours ago, DelDredd said:

They need to take the hint and bin racenet totally, it is pointless and just causes issues.

Sentiments like this make me think of the guy in this video: ignorant and naive.

So they get rid of RaceNet, then what? Where do online time trial times get posted? How do community events get organised? How are leagues/clubs going to work? How is DLC managed?

It’s super easy to spout simplistic things like “bin RaceNet” when you’re not the one responsible for managing the consequences.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, afahoy said:

It’s super easy to spout simplistic things like “bin RaceNet” when you’re not the one responsible for managing the consequences.

You need to look at what the limitations of Racenet are. Then extract a solution that isnt binded by those limits. Which is when the internet goes down theres no ability to contribute to any of your career.

Heres some solutions to racenet:

• Local Hotseat mode (again almost every racing game has done this.
  • P2p rallys (eg Warframe, Splatoon, unreal tournament)
  • Local hard drive save files (Pretty much every game since the 90's has done it like this including the previous dirt rally.
  • Queueing saves for when internet does become available. (leave a process on in background eg. Assasins creed oddysey/ubi launcher)
  • Just make all data offline
  • Move online events into a multiplayer portion of the game unattached to the career mode.
  • Just revert to whole Dirt Rally was run.

Should also mention if codemasters ever decide to shutdown the service would they act in good faith and allow people to move progress to offline or even transmit that data into a new game? If you played "F1onlinethegame" you might remember what happened to that game after a while and the loss of both progress and the ability to actually play the game when service was shutdown.

Edited by LittleApple
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 3/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, afahoy said:

Sentiments like this make me think of the guy in this video: ignorant and naive.

So they get rid of RaceNet, then what? Where do online time trial times get posted? How do community events get organised? How are leagues/clubs going to work? How is DLC managed?

As post above, if the system does not work and has issues it need to be suspended or removed until such time it is fit for purpose, having you progress deleted by racenet on a whim is ludicrous.

Why have to connect to Racenet every menu step in career mode, do it once at end of rally with your stage times and if its down store until next time its up and you connect, very simple and way most other games work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi

I will try to keep calm and express myself with a correct language, although it may be complicated.

I wonder who is the genius at Codemaster who imposed this **** racenet connection ? Dismiss this idiot please, the only place that would suit him very well is unemployed.

For the players, a game is used to have fun, and to face challenges, not to get upset and to be frustrated, obviously some have still not understood…

In dirt rally 2.0, players are fighting for seconds, and because of a Racenet Connectivity issue, they take 10 min of penalty !!!

In the monthly challenge, after 2 complete rally I was at the 6th place, to less than 2 min from the first. At the end of a very good stage, I had a message "impossible to connect to racenet", and also something like "you should be connected to Steam".

After 10 minutes to press on the button "try again" in the game, and to check that I was well connected to Steam, I finally had no other choice than to press on the button "back to the main menu".

Once the connection to racenet OK again, I've decided to continue the monthly challenge and to race the next stage, at the end I was curious to see if I had improved my position in the leaderboard, but I had the very unpleasant surprise to see that I was now around the 500th place, to 12 minutes from the first.

So I was penalized by 10 minutes and I went from the 6th to the 500th place in the leaderboard because this **** racenet does not work properly… wonderfull !

If those who coded this game had an ounce of intelligence, the result of a stage would be saved locally and then updated once racenet Connectivity back again... but that's not the case.

I will not come back to that game for a while, and especially I will NEVER buy one of your games if these problems persist.

You want to impose a permanent connection to us, ok, but go out of your way to make it work, and so that your customers are not penalized because of a simple connection problem, it's completely stupid.

This game is fabulous but in the end I'm not happy with it because of these racenet Connectivity issues, in addition, instead of playing I've to loose my time complaining about that.

Thank you guys, good job 👎

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

racenet dont conect at last update in ps4 can any help? please

my psn id is MulaCyberkruguer its so long? i dont understand when i log in racenet via web singn as "Mulacyberkrugue" is this any incompatibility?

Edited by MulaCyberkrugue
more info
  • Agree 1

for some reason none of my dirt games, dirt rally, dirt 4 and dirt rally 2 are showing in my racenet account, i have them on my pc, and the race net linked to steam. when i play the game it is saying it is updating to racenet,   but when i  go to racenet there is no data,  it is only showing my "Grid" Games

Hi everyone,

As I told in the bug thread:

•    I can’t access to any D+ challenge, while I’ve got the deluxe edition. What happens is just that it tells me it is impossible to access Racenet or something like that.
•    I couldn’t find the new WRC cars in the career mode garage to buy them (and they’ve been out for a week now).
•    In the garage, I have the same pack of cars appearing all the time. I mean it change eventually from being able to buy A, B and C, then D and E, then A, B and C again.

It’s becoming frustrating…

Is anybody else experimenting such troubles?

WHEN will we have a solution…

12 hours ago, Thoraegir said:

Hi everyone,

As I told in the bug thread:

•    I can’t access to any D+ challenge, while I’ve got the deluxe edition. What happens is just that it tells me it is impossible to access Racenet or something like that.
•    I couldn’t find the new WRC cars in the career mode garage to buy them (and they’ve been out for a week now).
•    In the garage, I have the same pack of cars appearing all the time. I mean it change eventually from being able to buy A, B and C, then D and E, then A, B and C again.

It’s becoming frustrating…

Is anybody else experimenting such troubles?

WHEN will we have a solution…

Same problem, You are using other account? the Policy of CM is DLC for JUST ONE account if you use Console for Gaming.. i Know its bad policy, and they should aware people to know that, i didnt know and really are very DISSAPOINTED OF NOT KNOWING IT BEFORE I BOUGHT..

You’re kidding me!!!

My case is even worse: my girlfriend bought the game for me with her account. And as we set the Xbox One X as the family console, it doesn’t matter who buy the game (beside we prefer using her credit card).

Now she just bought the game, she has never played it entering with her session. The only account on the game is mine, which was created the first time I’ve played and when I go to the store section it appears the Deluxe content is activated, even though I had to download freely the 2 wrc cars.

Another question is: will I be able to use Sweden and Monte Carlo tracks when they come out these weeks???!!!
So what’s the deal??? It wouldn’t be a problem to play under er session but by no means I want to restart my carreer mode.

PLEASE CODEMASTER, DON’T BE DUMB ABOUT THAT ISSUE AND AT LEAST COMMUNICATE ON IT, I WANT TO KNOW IF ICAN PLAY WHAT MY GIRLFRIEND PAYED FOR!!
PLUS, I DON’T WANT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL BUT IF IT IS WHAT IT’S REALLY HAPPENING, WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE AKNOWLEDGED IN BIG GREAT LETTERS NEAR THE BUY BUTTON ON THE STORE. CONSUMERS CAN’T BE BLAME HERE!

Your game is great with some bugs totally understandable but this isn't! I’ll be waiting for your answer.

• Agree 2

MAJOR bugs that are still killing the experience for me!

These bugs stand in close connection to each other!!!

System: PS4 and PS4 PRO (tried on 3 different systems to validate bugs) with Logitech G29 (tested with 2 individual G29s to validate bugs).

1) Wheel loosing auto centering on game startup

This bug was carried over from Dirt and is definitely Dirt specific (this does not happen with games like Project Cars 1 & 2 or Assetto Corsa). The moment the loading screen comes up the auto centering of the FFB is gone. The only way to fix this, is changing users in the PS4 menu multiple times. Sometimes FFB auto centering comes on again, sometimes it takes a restart of the whole system and a second try. This is very painful for experienced players, but it´s also hurting new players, who don´t even know, that something is wrong with FFB making the game far less enjoyable to play.

2) Racenet losing connection when changing to PS4 screen and then returning error message "Not connected to PSN"

Racenet looses connection EVERY time the player switches to the PS4 menu screen. Back in the game, it is impossible to login to Racenet again as the constant message "Not connected to PSN Network" is displayed. However PSN IS connected and even logging out and back into PSN won´t change anything. Only a restart of the PS4 system and restart of Dirt 2 makes Racenet work again (only until you have to switch to the PS4 menu screen). This is SUPER annoying especially if you have to switch users in the PS4 menu to make the FFB auto centering work on the wheel (see bug 1 above). 🤯

Guys, these two PS4 bugs are a major issue, completely ruining the experience for the player.

Best

Nick

Posted (edited)

Racenet is not working for me right now. tried 3 times to enter career mode and it just says "failed to download event".

what event? i didn't realize career mode was an 'event'

this inevitably happens on the weekend when a lot of people are trying to play. during the week i usually have no issues but every weekend these connectivity issues come back. 250-280mbps down/1.2mbps up connection when tested from PS4 XMB, console is connected to the modem with a CAT6 LAN cable.

they really need to increase the server capacity or something. this can't continue.

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 1

Ever since the update on ps4, I haven't been able to access the events in the career mode. I keep getting "failed to load event". I try multiple times every day for a few minutes. Before the update, I would get the same problem, but it would eventually work. My internet is not great, but I have no issues with anything else. Super frustrating, I love the game, even bought a wheel for it, just hope I can eventually play it entirely. Thanks!

• Agree 1

On 3/31/2019 at 7:11 AM, SamSaysHigh said:

Ever since the update on ps4, I haven't been able to access the events in the career mode. I keep getting "failed to load event". I try multiple times every day for a few minutes. Before the update, I would get the same problem, but it would eventually work. My internet is not great, but I have no issues with anything else. Super frustrating, I love the game, even bought a wheel for it, just hope I can eventually play it entirely. Thanks!

I also get 'Failed to load event' often on PS4, and more since the patch.

I've found what helps is to go into Settings from the main PS4 menu (the XMB), then go to Network and 'Test connection'.

For whatever reason things seem to work smoother in DR2.0 with regards to the connectivity after doing that, at least for me.

Totally dumb that you even have to do that though as all my other games work fine. The issue is obviously on the Racenet side.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

its progressively getting worse the past few days i almost destroyed my pc or in fact anything in close proximity due to the issue. It's really annoying me that a lot of studios take it for granted that we are always connected and forget in the process that things can go wrong in many many places along the line. I am writing this after again getting this ****, not allowed to move on, the game plain right refuses to even try to connect and says im not connected, when u hit retry nothing happens.

anyway im am done for the coming weeks with this game im going to save myself a lot of frustrations because i know that developpers like to stick their head in the sand and only reply when a fix has happened or when they are close to release it because they are very sure they know exactly what the issue is.

edit: im on pc (steam)

Edited by _darko
  • Agree 1

This stupid Racenet bs is somehow tied to the famously unreliable Steam client too, rendering your customers unable to play singleplayer or finish dailies once Steam goes offline.

Please consider removing/completely reworking Racenet.

• Agree 1

Steam has been down twice today. Still is down at the moment I type this. Kinda annoying that you can't play your games because of it.

• Agree 1

Monthly challenge just got destroyed by racenet. After loading into the next stage I get:

Connection failed

Racenet service not available. Please try again later.

Retry, retry, retry, retry for 10mins. I can't even go back. Only option is to go to main menu. Hopefully because I technically didn't get to the next stage everything will be ok.

No. 8th place relegated to 141st. I was having so much fun trying to claw my way up the leaderboard, now I couldn't be bloody bothered finishing the thing.

Hours wasted, very annoyed. Sort your Russian roulette servers out.

• Agree 1

On 4/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, Tranzitive said:

I also get 'Failed to load event' often on PS4, and more since the patch.

I've found what helps is to go into Settings from the main PS4 menu (the XMB), then go to Network and 'Test connection'.

For whatever reason things seem to work smoother in DR2.0 with regards to the connectivity after doing that, at least for me.

Totally dumb that you even have to do that though as all my other games work fine. The issue is obviously on the Racenet side.

I might give this a try tonight, thank you! At this point though, the unreliability of racenet is keeping me from wanting to invest any time in career. Which sucks cause its definitely what I'd prefer to play. I just dont get a lot of time to play, so until racenet gets fixed, or preferably axed completely, I guess I'll be playing historic and custom. Thanks again for the help though.

• Thanks 1

had two Racenent connectivity issues yesterday, once when completing a daily event and once in career mode.

this has to stop. when are we going to get a proper fix?

• Agree 1

Hello, I have a problem, 
when I create a "server" to play with some friends, after choosing the car and going to the track I'm automatically Kicked. 
can you help me please?

Was just down about two hours.

https://racenet.codemasters.com/
Is that service death?
If so, why even keep it up?
Last activities seems to be from 2014.
Paired Codemasters and PSN accounts but can´t see any DiRT Rally activities.
I wish could see some statistics from there but seems not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SimFunny said:

Was just down about two hours.

Yea, The streamer i normally tune into while preparing/eating dinner wasnt doing his normal rounds. Its not peak time for the game so maybe they're running server maintenance at that hour and dont have the care to tell people?