DiRT Rally 2.0 - RaceNet Connectivity Issues

What has been going on with Racenet this past week?

Loads of people reporting connection problems, myself included.

It seems to have just gotten worse this last week.

• Agree 1

What is the plan for these issues? Why have they been so bad over the last week?

Are CM even aware of this? Is a fix going to be rolled out in the patch coming this week?

A little bit of communication would be nice.

The issues have reached a critical stage now. Paying customers are becoming increasingly frustrated and no doubt potential customers are going to be put off from buying the game if these issues not only persist but continue to get worse, as they seem to have.

@ChristinaMc

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bcty5c/racenet_seems_to_be_failing_under_the_weekend/

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bcn3tf/fiber_optic_connection_isnt_enough_for_racenet/

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

What is the plan for these issues? Why have they been so bad over the last week?

Are CM even aware of this? Is a fix going to be rolled out in the patch coming this week?

A little bit of communication would be nice.

The issues have reached a critical stage now. Paying customers are becoming increasingly frustrated and no doubt potential customers are going to be put off from buying the game if these issues not only persist but continue to get worse, as they seem to have.

@ChristinaMc

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bcty5c/racenet_seems_to_be_failing_under_the_weekend/

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/bcn3tf/fiber_optic_connection_isnt_enough_for_racenet/

I think She is in Holiday now

• Haha 1

i just bought this game 2 hours ago... couldnt connect to racenet, seems like refund is needed

• Sad 1

There's now more than 1 month, I can't play in the carrier mod, it will be good to find a solution, I paid for all the season pass and I can't use it.That's a shame.

I called you 2 times, you said that you will find an issue but nothing yet. I'm a little bit disappointed. Thanks for your answer. Kind regards.

Hello,

I don't know if something was done or not on Codemasters's side, or maybe on Steam's side also.

I Don't really know because when I had this problem often, I had noticed that sometimes the connection was lost with Steam and sometimes it was OK with Steam which means that the problem was Racenet.

But in the past two or three weeks I have not had any connectivity problem with Racenet. I hope it will last.

Posted (edited)

Racenet hadn’t been working for me since last year on dirt 1 but started working faultlessly again about 3 weeks ago until I updated to the most recent update yesterday and now racenet has stopped working again. I have had about 20 email exchanges with support but they never help or try and problem solve but just keep pushing me to other people. Can someone please help. (I haven’t used dirt rally 1 in a long time, the racenet service started working in dirt 2.0)

Edited by lewisp82

you may want to check your router settings or Firewall if the service gets blocked in some way. Doesnt seem normal, especially since its across multiple games.

Hi Gang, I'm new here.

I just recently purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 and I see the Unable to connect to RaceNet error message every time I start the game.

I have found several messages stating that I should check my router and firewall, but I have not yet found what ports need to be open and in which directions. It's hard to check the firewall without this information.

I am playing Dirt Rally 2.0 v1.4.1 with Steam on Linux. Has this ever worked in this configuration?

I have tried creating a CodeMasters RaceNet account and linking it to my Steam account, but that also did not help.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

-Tom

It's 20.13 and it isn't working here, also custom online isn't working showing any other users. You do still have issus.

Ok, you've got it back on now but if nothing else why did you put career and online races together, surely anyone with sense would see that people with put up with obvious offline time as long as they can get to there career mode and time attack doesn't cut it, as custom champ wouldn't show other users as well.

Hi, I have the same problem with racenet “connection problem”....🙈🙈🙈🙈

Anybody know what to do right now?

B88

7C78D5C1-DD0C-437C-B96E-76DAD96400DE.jpeg

• Agree 1

And so it was working for about an hour and now not working again so my point about the career mode seems apt about now.

GOOD QUESTION...🙈🙈🙈

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, yafiarizq said:

Why i can't play Carrer mode right now?

Are you on PS4?

FYI for anyone who is and having problems since last night- PSN has had issues with their service dropping out, it kicked me out last night and I wasn't able to sign back in until very late last night. This happened at exactly the same time as I lost connection with Racenet, so I would surmise that it is a Sony issue.

Sony are aware and are fixing the issue, but it looks as though there have been reports of this since the 9th, and it has been affecting different accounts at different times for various lengths of time. If, when you try to sign in to PSN, you see error code WS-37403-7, then this is what it is. The curious part is that your PS4 may still show as connected to PSN without actually being connected, so it may appear like it is not the case.

Just an FYI.

Edited by Sammoo
  • Agree 1

Even after this last update I'm constantly getting "Failed to download challenge"

Pretty frustrating 

Just a heads up:

RaceNet will be going down for a few hours on Wednesday morning for maintenance, should happen between 10 and 13.00 BST.

You should see an in-game notice about it in the coming days (and Twitter/Facebook posts when maintenance is scheduled to start) but since this thread is active I figured I’d drop a note here.

• Agree 2

After last update there is again this difficulty. I cannot connect. I trust that Codemasters will get it fixed soon. Thank you for a great game!

Today I went to log in to racenet, it said there was a discrepancy between local and racenet, it reset everything. I’ve lost all my progress of the game, all my credits and now I can’t log in

I lost ALL my progress due a connection failure!! Hundreds of hours playing this game and now I don't have any credit, any car, NOTHING!!

How is that possible!? Never happened to me!!