DiRT Rally 2.0 - RaceNet Connectivity Issues

Same here, racenet very slow a d indeed eveything reset....without having a choice.

Hope it can be fixed so eveything will be as it was @PJTierney

Edited by Simmerstyle

also same here. Massive thread forming on steam discussions too with well over 50 reporting there. This is beyond acceptable. What even possessed someone to code the career mode to sync with racenet and then to code in this "erasure" routine if they dont match? Why would that ever be ok to program into a sim racing career mode, much less any game with a massive time investment into progressing single player ONLY mode?

• Agree 2

Same problem here, championship has been reset and it also won't let me start the championship, it starts loading then kicks me back to the main menu.

when long in to today all my credits were lost is this part of problem you guys are having ?

5 minutes ago, lkalel said:

when long in to today all my credits were lost is this part of problem you guys are having ?

Yes, all credits, progress and cars are lost.

I’m not even sure you can play career any more. With zero credits, you can’t even buy the Fulvia or Mini - can you?

And here I thought gamers where just whining about the RaceNet. I see now why so many are upset about it.

This is just unacceptable. I hope this gets resolved with alacrity.

• Agree 3

I'm on ps4 here. 

Can't connect to effing race net. Can't play even custom free play championship in single player because nothing gets saved. 

Are devs that thick they don't learn from other games failures? 

Linking single player activities to online is dumb beyond any reason. 

Ffffffffffffffffff

• Agree 1

This is beyond embarrassing, CM. Seriously. Not only do I get kicked from my own online championships today (I also witnessed 14 people having the same issue in our Discord) but now I lost all of my credits, cars and career mode progression.

$90 NOT WELL SPENT. And you want another $30 for Season 3 and 4? 

There are MOBILE apps that have better implemented DRM and online services than your company. Couple that with your lack of respect for sportsmanship and the community with your inability to address the copious problems with the ridiculous amount of cuts (let's just call it off-roading) in every country, you're really coming off as a money grubbing company right now. To think that I've defended your position for being the only decent Rally game out there just makes me sick. 

• Agree 1

What sort of company goes off the radar at weekends when their service is supposed to be available?  Some of the staff should get an automated notification whenever racenet goes down...it looks so so bad on them.

it’s unacceptable in 2019

if you’re going to enforce always online you’ve got to create the infrastructure to run it. Yes things can break, but someone has to be able to fix it and fix it quickly. 

I imagine they will be able roll back so that our progress is returned... well once they are aware that there is even an issue. And if they can’t, then things will get interesting. 

Learn from your mistakes for christ sake

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

Is there anyway my progress, cars and credits will be reinstated once you fix the race net servers?

• Agree 1

Same here on ps4 pro

progress reset

zero credits

cannot play any career/visit garage etc

I tried to create a new save but the same message about championship reset appears

i uninstalled the game and downloading again the updates but I don’t believe it will make any difference 

i contacted via email the support team about this

Let’s hope for a solution because it’s a great game and its always online policy for the career is not going particularly well...

• Sad 1

same issue for me. chill, It'll come back guys. just do historic championships or something.

in My Team, I get a timeout issue when I try to go into garage

20190908180600_1.thumb.jpg.e9c5ab551166af838d6bf1a1e9bb8b70.jpg

and when I try to get into Events it just fails to load and then goes back to the My Team screen. anyone else have the same?

the rest of it seems to be fine. I've been doing Historic Championships no problem.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

Please please please get rid of always online to play . Was playing fine but once it did update now when i try to enter events it keeps going back to main menu screen.  Great game WHEN i can play it . I think that on line only games shuld be at discount pricelike 1/2 , cause you can only play at certin times . I paid 60 bucks for a game i can only play 1/2 the time .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

wow...  

I see I'm not alone.  I lost everything apparently.

EDIT:

Cars and credits back to normal.  Lost career though.

Edited by kildog
update
  • Sad 1

Racenet is not only screwed up it zeroed my account,  everything to date 4 million credits and all my progress and I am paid deluxe to season 4.  I have a big fat zero for all my racing progress.  Also can't play anything on Dirt2 because it won't connect period .  Be careful because I just lost my whole career.  This is **** thanks a lot Codemasters.

Edited by 1madmouse
  • Sad 1

Masters of Code. Between this and the **** with F1, the people at Codemasters that actually Are competent should be embarrassed. 

• Agree 2

"I meant to take a short brake during a monthly event. I forgot and fell asleep. Many hours later booted up, found the race waiting and finished. After finish line it was apparent that I was having trouble registering my time. After several attempts a message came up saying something to the effect of that a discrepancy as appeared between server and myself, and that RaceNet would reset the race. I pressed 'ok', it tried to log on for about 20 sec, and then it jumps back to Main Menu. I had about 6,5mill credits that are gone, and I can't access garage. I can access staff and there everything is ok - except I can't do anything since I have no credit? Tried several times, rebooting, launching the game again, but I can't access Events"

2 min later; found out I am not alone. Same situation as everybody

Edited by Antichr7666

I cannot find my 31 millions and all my cars too.....Besides It's impossible to follow  with career 

• Sad 1

Social Media Manager at

finally someone acknowledged our pleas... sadly the crew is such that they can't resolve this today. Awesome! there goes my day of rallying...
Too bad we can't at least have someone tell us they're gonna recover the lost careers of all these hundreds of dirt enthusiast who inadvertently may have screwed ourselves just picking the wrong day to enjoy our hobby.

I cant seem to get this bad taste out of my mouth. this is been ongoing since launch. racenet needs attention or needs to die. the alternative is driving off all your loyal fanbase for these titles. its niche but its not like CM is the only Dev making and publishing quality racing titles.

Edited by Mildoze
thoughts.

I do not see an apology in that reply by PJ Tierney, and of course they don't have anyone working during the weekends to make sure that the DRM service is up. Disgusting. He can't even say a simple, "we're sorry for the problems." That's some woefully inept PR work right there. They're bringing in millions of dollars to the company, but they don't want to make sure that their infrastructure is solid by having one IT guy employed on staff to work the weekends. That is completely unacceptable for a corporation of their stature. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, ChristinaMc said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience while we've looked into RaceNet connectivity. We have now implemented a fix - please let us know how you get on with connecting to the server. We are monitoring everything - but if you continue to have issues, please let us know immediately so we can give it the attention it deserves.

To clarify, it's only the My Team/Career part of the game that requires connection to RaceNet. You can play Custom Championships. RX Championships, Historic Championships, and all other parts of the game without a connection.

Thanks,
Christina

It wont connect to race net or championship.  Ive even reset all my info and lost save files . Please please fix this its a great game but having to be connected online all the time  is killing the game . 

"Out of office hours" LOL. I work in IT and my life is like a doctor on call. I would never leave my clients hung out to dry like this. If I did, I wouldn't have any clients. 

The internet, and anything requiring/involving it, is a 24/7 job. Period. 

Edited by Pfei
Change 24 hour to 24/7 for effect.
  • Agree 5