DiRT Rally 2.0 - Server Connectivity Issues

November 19th and the Championship reset due to discrepancy is not fixed on PC. It happened on the 6th event. There are hundreds posts here that I didn't read. Is there any solution to this?

I've just bought this game, Deluxe edition and wanted to buy more DLCs.  Sure... How frustrating....

And now to the rant. I thought to myself that if they decided to milk us with DLCs then the extra money would go to the Racenet improvement. Obviously, I was wrong. Hours of progress lost with the expectation that it can happen any time, and as many times it wants.

PS. Is there any useful support in this company or just the cowherds and milkmaids? Mooooo! Help please!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, Bhaya108 said:

November 19th and the Championship reset due to discrepancy is not fixed on PC. It happened on the 6th event. There are hundreds posts here that I didn't read. Is there any solution to this?

I've just bought this game, Deluxe edition and wanted to buy more DLCs.  Sure... How frustrating....

Eleven days later, I am back with the same complaint. My Career was again reset upon loging in. So far, I was not able to successfully finish Career part of the game which I paid for. It always resets at some point.

I have bought almost all the DLC content of your game. And no answer from devs, no help from support, no apologies, nothing.

If ignoring the problem is your answer then you behave like a bunch of amateurs! I will cheer when your company become bankrupt. You deserve it with such unprofessional attitude toward your paying customer.

Edited by Bhaya108
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:39 PM, PJTierney said:

Hi all, just a quick update.

Team's been aware of server connection issues since they came up (there's a notification system for this) and are investigating the causes.

Also, there's some maintenance planned for the coming weeks, expect a forum announcement when that happens.

It's been almost two months. So the team hasn't figure out how to fix it?

Oh, it's actually been almost ten months since launch. 😞

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, Bhaya108 said:

Eleven days later, I am back with the same complaint. My Career was again reset upon loging in. So far, I was not able to successfully finish Career part of the game which I paid for. It always resets at some point.

I have bought almost all the DLC content of your game. And no answer from devs, no help from support, no apologies, nothing.

If ignoring the problem is your answer then you behave like a bunch of amateurs! I will cheer when your company become bankrupt. You deserve it with such unprofessional attitude toward your paying customer.

This is the third time that my career championship has been reset. I have not been able to complete even one of those things, in the game I've paid for.

Thank you for all your help and taking your customer so seriously. I wouldn't know what to do without it.

Edited by Bhaya108

This doesn’t seem to be a system-wide thing otherwise we’d be getting reports from everyone, so there must be something specific to your connection that’s causing this to happen.

Have you documented the issue and contacted custservice@codemasters.com whenever this has occurred?

5 hours ago, Bhaya108 said:

This is the third time that my career championship has been reset. I have not been able to complete even one of those things, in the game I've paid for.

Thank you for all your help and taking your customer so seriously. I wouldn't know what to do without it.

this does seem to be specific to you.

what platform are you playing on? if you are on PC/Steam, try verifying the integrity of the game files. this often helps to sort out issues with games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

also, do a hard reset of your router by completely turning it off. i mean actually unplug it from the wall. wait 1-2 minutes, then plug it back in again. 

if you are connecting via wifi it's always preferable to connect using an ethernet cable. if you don't have an ethernet cable, then get a CAT5 or 6 cable.

Edited by Tranzitive

12 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

this does seem to be specific to you.

what platform are you playing on? if you are on PC/Steam, try verifying the integrity of the game files. this often helps to sort out issues with games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

also, do a hard reset of your router by completely turning it off. i mean actually unplug it from the wall. wait 1-2 minutes, then plug it back in again. 

if you are connecting via wifi it's always preferable to connect using an ethernet cable. if you don't have an ethernet cable, then get a CAT5 or 6 cable.

I am not the only one with so many resets: https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/awbkd3/career_reset/.  There was one more thread with 3 times reset but I can't find it, right now. I believe there would be more reports but perhaps people gave up on career at all, like I am thinking of doing.

I am on PC, using CAT5 cable. I did what you suggested and I can only hope for the best. Thank you.

16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

This doesn’t seem to be a system-wide thing otherwise we’d be getting reports from everyone, so there must be something specific to your connection that’s causing this to happen.

Have you documented the issue and contacted custservice@codemasters.com whenever this has occurred?

I will try to contact them next time. I am ranting here because of frustration. The game is excellent but this issue stops me from enjoying it to the full extent. I hope that you understand.

Edited by Bhaya108
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bhaya108 said:

I will try to contact them next time. I am ranting here because of frustration. The game is excellent but this issue stops me from enjoying it to the full extent. I hope that you understand.

I totally get it.

Things like this are best communicated via email since they're officially tracked then 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to add one thing. Interesting is that out of two Careers: Rally and Rallycross, only Rally resets. Rallycross doesn't.

Edited by Bhaya108