DiRT Rally 2.0 - Server Connectivity Issues

so sick of RaceNet not letting me finish races, getting DNF on community events, resetting career progress. Im not a good player, I was driving for fun, I dont place very high in the leaderboards.

I just had my best race in 30 hours of game play and racenet gives me a DNF on community event. I cant even like redo the race.

Hi, I've commented multiple times in the Steam Discussions pinned discussions regarding this, but since I want to ensure I'm doing everything I can on my end to get this resolved I'm going to post here as well.

I have not once been able to connect to RaceNet. Every single time I try it says, "RACENET refused your connection attempt. This can happen if the server is busy. Please try again in a few minutes."

I first played the game at launch late in the evening on the 25th and I've been trying multiple times a day since then, even redownloading the game to connect to no avail. I have zero issue connecting to RaceNet in DiRT Rally and in DiRT 4. The main reason I'm being so persistent in sharing my frustrating experience is because of the decision to lock Career mode behind being connected to RaceNet. This means I've effectively been unable to access the majority of the game since launch. I was really looking forward to starting my own team and going through career, but here we are some 60+ hours later and I've not once been able to connect, and this is after the day one patch that had the fix. 

In case it matters, I've been playing the game via family share as my roommate bought it. I own DiRT Rally myself but play DiRT 4 through family share as well and again, am able to connect to RaceNet just fine.

this must be a joke...

i bought a game and cant even play the normal gamemode because the racenet is not working once for me

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That would be frustrating. Luckily it's been working well on the PS after the last update, haven't had a fail.🤞

Racenet works fine for me since the first update ( Xbox, Deluxe demat , from France )  

Just had my career progress reset after 4 events because of a "discrepancy between local and server files". Happend right after opening the game and clicking on "My Team". I did not modify the game files in any way so I suppose it has to do with RaceNet?

• Sad 1

Dear Christina,

the implemented fix dont works. The most important Game Mode is "My Team", only there i can win credits and have fun with the progress from nothig to group B.

The custom area cant be an replacement for "My Team".

Racenet has reset my savegame/progress for three times. 2 times after 4 events, 1 times after 8 events. My connection is perfectly fast and without any problems. the only problem is racenet.

The game isnt playable for me.

Please stop the synchronisation of safegames with racenet and stop the reset of my team for all Players!!

This problem is unaccaptable. At the moment it can happen all the time.

What should i do if the reset from racenet happens after much more events (for example when i am in Group B)?? Schould i start the game again from the beginning like the moment?

If there is an problem with the synchronisation take the savegame from racenet and thats it. So i lost one race, but not all of the spended time. 

Reset "My Team" is an inexplicable idea!

Thank you!

• Agree 5

I think the game was released a little bit, it is not ready, the proof is the (serious) problem of FFB and continuous disconnections from racenet
  • Like 1

It has been over a week now since the game launched and I STILL have not ONCE been able to connect to RaceNet. I'd very much like to be able to play the cool single player stuff and progress with my own team. I think all of us consumers can agree at this point that forcing single player content to be locked behind RaceNet is a BAD IDEA. 😞 I just wanna play the game y'know? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

March 7th 2019:

Friend of mine has connection failed issues as of today. He cant play the whole day already. (on PC, steam)

Honestly, can someone tell me that alway online will be removed from this game? It's bad practice to force players to be always online. I dont have internet all the time so i cant play career mode when that happens. Besides that, didnt anyone learn from the always online mistake of Need For Speed 2015. Next need for speed payback didnt have always online. They learned from their mistakes, and i hope codemasters will learn faster and not wait till Dirt Rally 3.0

The game is awesome though, so props for that! But please PLEASE remove always online 😄

RaceNet not avail.png

Edited by TheEnjoyer
  • Agree 1

Having problems with RaceNet tonight, keep losing connection on Career mode

• Thanks 1

5 Days ago and the only feedback of the customer service:

- Ports... have to be activated on steam!

Thanks alot... the ports are already activated!!! the problem is race net, and the career reset, not the port configuration!!

• Haha 1

Can CM please make it so you can repair cars without the need for racenet connection.  Every time I can't connect to racenet I can't repair my car.  I try to go onto a different series but then have same issues.  I then have to stop playing the game and wait a couple hours and try again.  Rince, repeat.  It gets annoying having to wait so much.  The game is barely multiplayer, so why do we need to wait for racenet when all that stuff can update as connections come and go.

• Agree 1

Racenet still is having issues! Every day at least one Daily event gets DNF because of CONNECTION FAILED! 

And today Weekly got messed up after getting Connection Failed message... 

Is there any chance that things will be fixed before DLC hits the store, or I will get punished for not having SuperFastFiberNet connection...

20190304165527_1.jpg

20190310195942_1.jpg

• Agree 1

Kinda weird to see still problems exist.

Cause of this and the always online thing, im not sure if im gonna get the dlc because both of them worry me. If the always online feature would be gone i would get some dlc.

I purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 a few days ago, and finally got a chance to sit down for a few hours with it today.  And it was really good fun, until I lost all my championship progress - twice!

I really cannot understand the rationale of including an online-sync component in the single player championship - that said - it's begrudgingly tolerable if it works.
What I absolutely cannot understand is the thought process that designed it in such a way that it completely deletes the client data if there's a discrepancy between the client and the cloud.

I've coughed up £45 for something that doesn't work, and I'm finding it hard to swallow that the only reason it doesn't work is because of this poxy cloud save implementation (that as far as I can tell adds nothing to the experience).

Please - for the love of criminy - sort it out.  I think my head is going to explode from how ridiculous this is.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Is it possible to see the top of the leaderboard, but impossible to see the last ? why ?

when I am 500th, I would like to know if I am 500th on 600th or 500 on 10000th, it is not the same

the ranking could be improved

Thanks

Codies have never understood this concept.

It goes back a long way. Forza shows you where are in the leaderboards....if you are in the 5% or 10% etc etc.

An absolute rank.... number 252nd or 1002 th, is a meaningless statistic.

Just typical really.

• Agree 1

Thought this problem might be racenet connected ?

Iv lost all saved vehicle setups

Not as much of a nightmare as im planning on full reset when first bandaid drops so i write down all settings.

Posted (edited)

Getting more and more of this. Lost progress in Daily because of it.

Capture.JPG.2b94b0748a24c0fff28951cda7f8d34e.JPG

Edited by Bigsur
Info

Couldn’t connect to race net for large period yesterday during the day and again today, played one stage and it kicked me out and been trying for 3 hours to get back on and still can’t get on it, frustrated and fed up with this now😔😔😔😔😤😤