DiRT Rally 2.0 - Server Connectivity Issues

This has been happening at least since the DR days. I remember one time racenet was down a whole long weekend 🤦.

What's worse is the ZERO acknowledge of the issue. 

• Agree 4

Steam:

out of order 6 hours ago 

The game has reset my savegame because Racenet is not available. Thanks, I have to start the career again.

That's exactly what I didn't want to 😄

39 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

00c5cd8a951f9c758b7a59c05e7f6694.jpg

🤣

LOL, the date is crazy. Good thing is now not only some but everybody. So there's some advance 😄

*** don't they implement a proper offline mode for single player?

What is wrong with this company that regards paying customers with such contempt for their time by implementing a game with such a terrible UX?

• Agree 1

This is unreasonable! Racenet has been down over and over again. Weekends and nights is best time to play DR2, so do something for the system 🤬

• Agree 1

mon championnat du monde est ruinner, mon équipe et moi sommes très déçus, j'espère que Racenet et Codemaster réinitialiseront la spéciale de l'Espagne (Bellriu) et le rallycross. c est grave un championnat du monde dans ces conditions. MERCI

Edited by [-RRP-] aubagnais2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

When there are server issues it's usually been a blip that causes a little bit of downtime, but based on the replies here it looks to have been down for a while.

I'm sure the team has eyes on it already but just to be sure I'll flag it 👍🏻

I think you guys have serious, long lasting problems with RaceNet performance. It was responding pretty slow before F1 and Grid release. Right know it's overloaded. But it was happening even in DR1 days. SO it looks devs maintain the system on the edge without required performance headroom.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 2

dirt rally 1 works at the first attempt I managed to connect ... I hope it will last this time ... thank you ..

34 minutes ago, LOKCY77974 said:

dirt rally 1 works at the first attempt I managed to connect ... I hope it will last this time ... thank you ..

Wait for a weekend 😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I think you guys have serious, long lasting problems with RaceNet performance. It was responding pretty slow before F1 and Grid release. Right know it's overloaded. But it was happening even in DR1 days. SO it looks devs maintain the system on the edge without required performance headroom.

Yeah, new CM game releases & discounts on older titles seem to be one common cause of Racenet failing due to increased traffic. And it appears to fail across multiple CM games when it does so.

CM, please...

• invest in extra Racenet capacity
  • increase capacity in advance of planned events which are likely to lead to increased traffic & failure of Racenet (new game releases, discounts, timed events)
  • implement 24/7 monitoring & support for Racenet (players/community suffer needlessly each time it fails over a weekend & doesn't get fixed until UK office hours the following Monday)
  • investigate possibility of Racenet services auto-recovering/restarting when these issues occur (as an alternative/interim arrangement to the above 24/7 support)
  • reduce reliance on Racenet in your current/future games (in particular, allow single-player/career modes to function in their entirety without it)

Thanks!

• Agree 8

For me it's enough to remove deleting my single player progression. It sounds like a joke to destroy my single player progression but it's real. If CM had many fans I feel it's not the current status 😄

Hi all, just a quick update.

Team's been aware of server connection issues since they came up (there's a notification system for this) and are investigating the causes.

Also, there's some maintenance planned for the coming weeks, expect a forum announcement when that happens.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Hi all, just a quick update.

Team's been aware of server connection issues since they came up (there's a notification system for this) and are investigating the causes.

Can we get some notification somewhere so I don't discover that things are not working after setting up my rig?

It is way better to know before I get started than to set up and then fail.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, NateFink said:

Can we get some notification somewhere so I don't discover that things are not working after setting up my rig?

It is way better to know before I get started than to set up and then fail.

Yes, please! If there's already an internal facility for detecting issues, then please adapt it into a public-facing "Service Status" page (assuming there isn't such a thing already?) Also would make sense to include notices of any planned downtime on there, along with any ETA on fixes etc. as more info becomes available. That way everything is in one place, in a consistent location that anyone can check as a first port of call when troubleshooting. It might cut down on the cumulative hours players spend investigating, reporting or trying to resolve connectivity issues that are outside of our control or already known about & being worked on by CM.

• Agree 4

here it starts again, it worked but not long, codemaster you have to wake up ??? invest in a racenet that works !!! and yes we do games so we take care of it too ... 😞

• Thanks 1

I refunded DR2 after the initial implementation of VR due to terrible performance. You all came back and patched the game up and made it playable. 

I repurchase the game this weekend, was having a blast, just to then discover the next big hurdle for DR2....Racenet. That’s now two refunds and I’ve run out of time (just hit 2 hours) on steam to try the game. 

This was my most anticipated game of the year and I refunded it twice. And now I’ll wait for you guys to try again with DR3. 

Stop sabotaging your own game. Please. 

It's Thursday, and all day I've been having problems starting games in a Online Lobby, as the stages just keep continually loading for me and everyone gets booted a minute or so after.

Also been having problems playing Clubs / Leagues as I get an error screen. I'm also not the only one dealing with this issue.

Another day, another RaceNet issue. Here's hoping it works this weekend.

- Steam Deluxe Version + Seasons 3 & 4

- i78700K, NVIDIA EVGA 1080TI SC Black Edition, 32GB 3200mHz RAM, M.2 eSata SSD, Logitech G29

- Oculus Rift CV1

- Windows 10

- Not sure what my blood type is

Edited by deadredeyes

Racenet down yet AGAIN. This is getting really old for a 9 month old game that I paid $120 for. 

Edited by deadredeyes

25 minutes ago, deadredeyes said:

Racenet down yet AGAIN. This is getting really old for a 9 month old game that I paid $120 for. 

• This was also shared on all socials last night.
  • This was also shared in-game if you were playing in the last 12 hours before the update.
  • There was also a banner at the top of this forum since yesterday regarding scheduled maintenance.

I'm guessing you missed the memo 🙂 

In either case, it'll be live again shortly.

47 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

• This was also shared on all socials last night.
  • This was also shared in-game if you were playing in the last 12 hours before the update.
  • There was also a banner at the top of this forum since yesterday regarding scheduled maintenance.

I'm guessing you missed the memo 🙂 

In either case, it'll be live again shortly.

Is it possible to have a popup ingame during the planned maintance?

Edited by somethingthing

There is one in-game when you boot the game up during the warning period. I believe you can find it in Announcements on the main menu after that.

Having a pop-up mid-game, I don't think that's possible right now.

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There is one in-game when you boot the game up during the warning period. I believe you can find it in Announcements on the main menu after that.

Having a pop-up mid-game, I don't think that's possible right now.

It cant connect to racenet atm and maybe you could add a window telling its maintance instead of the regular error. I just checked and it doesnt say anything in announcement ingame.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1