DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

21 hours ago, TomasNordin said:

Bug report: Car undriveable on the second stage after service, happened on 'Weekly Challenge R5' and on 'Weekly Challenge D+" (couldn't even getaway from start), Also happened in freemode historic, but there i restarted the stage and it worked ok, but in the weekly challenge's you can't restart. Videos attached resized to 640x480 

Something similar happens to me, on every pair stage in carreer mode, car starts weird and doesnt work ok, after I restart everything goes ok. I add video

Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc

Difficulty levels in Career mode need to be addressed,

In Elite difficulty The AI speeds are currently FASTER then the current world record holder for the particular stage I checked, please see images attached.

The world record itself I would say is questionable. The closest next time is 24 sec slower.

There is a massive leap in the AI speed between Pro difficulty and Elite,  in Pro I was challenged but able to place first in most stages, however in Elite difficulty trying my hardest i cannot seem to place in the top 20.  Lord knows what Master difficulty would be like!

Thanks!

WORLD RECORD TIME:

World record time.jpg

ELITE DIFFICULTY AI TIME:

Career time.jpg

Edited by eScourge
Image titles
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, mirk1983 said:

I think this is becuse of that you run first on the stage. So you compeditors has not yet made there run.

Ah maybe! I think this might have coincided with moving up a level and getting my arse handed to me. Cheers!

Progress bar circle and all of animations is going to freeze before stage loads. Only music is going
Very annoying, people don't know game is already broken or have to wait for 10-30 sec more.
Please fix it, at least the spinner should work for all time long of loading

I found texture errors on Lancia Delta Integrale fron grille. Check this picture:

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.03.01 - 19.56.20.21.png

Posted (edited)

PS4 Pro - Renault Megane RS RX - Exhaust fire

The car is shooting flames, but those flames are not visable or sometimes very little.
Sometimes they are not visable, but they are seen on the rear bumper:

001.png

002.png

Edited by JorritVD

Posted (edited)

The Repair costs must a Bug in that Game.

I have a yellow (low damaged) differential the Repair costs (Standard) are 22k Credits.

To Repair the Complete Car i Need 47k and +23:40 time.

I have 2 Techs Upgraded to Rank 3 in all Skills only FWD and RWD still R1 and AWD Rank 4. My Chef have Rank 4 Diagnostic Skills. And Yes my Car is fully Upgraded only Engine Upgrades still Rank 1. Ist a R5 AWD Car.

Repair costs seem to be randomly diced. I have had accidents where I understood high repair costs. They were also high, but still ok. But in this case, for example, I can not remember having had such blatant accidents and that's not the first time.

I did not drive so badly. I also played Dirt Rally 1 already. Total revenue for a section at Rank 1 is 54k credits and I'm just finished with two out of four. I'm sorry, but so the game has a negative review because of and because of the single player online forced.

Greetz

VN

Edited by VaeliusNoctu

So rather put this in a seperate post.

Also, i don't like the incosistency in the numberplates, one time old style, than new style, than names on the front fender, than on the window, etc.
My suggestion would make the style from that era, rather than an R5 car having all different styles. 

Example of the Megane,
- Why my name is not on the window
- Why it not has my number (i have chosen #90)
- Why the numberplate is down, and why not on the correct position like the WRX/ERX/ARX cars?

001.thumb.png.90bc94a260ccca16c836f39f973ea380.png002.thumb.png.e4e8179f36cedc69116316230421df3d.png

----EDIT------

It seems a lot are made with the D4 livery editor.

All inconsistency annoying livery points with the fictional Supercar liveries:
001.thumb.png.ad3f5eb7fd4a0b45a7d180cb9b1fffb1.png
002.png.efecd4e543bb56803406d66fe0edd2ab.png
003.thumb.png.d656387b8d92f9b7e2e5104284ce729a.png
004.png.cf1dae7eb53e26bac4d9c7dd63db00fa.png
005.thumb.png.4682a937fba21291c650f0eadd08b5cf.png
006.png.fd31310977429766e8b318c03d309a7a.png
007.thumb.png.0ea9d51bf3f419e2ab7ca72f48066463.png
008.thumb.png.58fd4adc4dc2baffa6b139aad50cb3c1.png
009.thumb.png.302008c1a92630f1d150faa2881659de.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So rather put this in a seperate post.

Also, i don't like the incosistency in the numberplates, one time old style, than new style, than names on the front fender, than on the window, etc.
My suggestion would make the style from that era, rather than an R5 car having all different styles. 

Example of the Megane,
- Why my name is not on the window
- Why it not has my number (i have chosen #90)
- Why the numberplate is down, and why not on the correct position like the WRX/ERX/ARX cars?

Give this man a QA job 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So a lot of people reported inability to drive at stage start issues, I just ran into this twice, but wanted to report that usually popping it into reverse seems to resolve it

I think my transmission is ok, I just completed overall car repairs for the stage.

^ AHA  this is caused by the Handbrake bug where it's over sensitive, even a 1% activation of the HB and you cant launch, and it drags you/slows you in stage.   Phew at least I can work around this.

1 minute ago, bn880 said:

^ AHA  this is caused by the Handbrake bug where it's over sensitive, even a 1% activation of the HB and you cant launch, and it drags you/slows you in stage.   Phew at least I can work around this.

My handbranke is digital, on/off and even with autostart (with no handbrake) it happens to me

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ducys said:

My handbranke is digital, on/off and even with autostart (with no handbrake) it happens to me

RGR, sounds like there are multiple triggers for this bug.  i just lost 30s in the stage due to it, and finished 5th from a comfortable 1st in the event.  not amused 🙂

Edited by bn880

Posted (edited)

Some cars appear to be attached to ground in some way after getting slightly damaged, maybe bent bodywork parts glitches with ground when you start a new stage.

PC steam edition by the way.

I found this problem with the VW GTI (H2 FWD), and the Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 (H3 RWD), the VW wasn't stuck to the ground, but turning was really difficult at times and it was constantly making crashing noises, despite driving on almost fully flat ground. The Ford was literally stuck at the starting point, image attached of car at full throttle in 1st gear standing still. Vibration on controller was going cra20190302191948_1.thumb.jpg.85d9f3dbb1ea3fdb66cf30b3660bca05.jpgzy whenever this bug appears.

Otherwise great game, haven't had any other bugs.

EDIT:

I saw a bug reported that cars had trouble starting up from startline, and that popping it in reverse helped, this did not help me with the Ford, setting it in reverse does nothing but make the wheels spin the other way 🙂

Edited by fredinzix
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bn880 said:

Give this man a QA job 🙂

Actually, I already kinda have at the company Mozard.
I'm in charge of creating/checking testscripts and organising testrounds for a new release. 
Though being tester and QA member of Codemasters' DiRT series sounds more cooler 🙂
Maybe in combination with livery 2d texture artist and gameplay development 🙂

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 2

Hi team. When will you give patch for Xbox? I use xbox abd I have last update only 22 February...

Posted (edited)

Platform: Xbox one

I have a bug:

I use metric system on my setting.

But in car on the speedometer I see speed in the mile.

IMG_20190223_200027.jpg

Edited by saap

Posted (edited)

Also I found incorrect damage behavior. My wheel isn't touched logs but it has been broken.

IMG_20190224_022606.jpg

Edited by saap

Posted (edited)

Interface issue:

I don't know, but the parent menu name should not be contained the symbol '/' 

IMG_20190224_010512.jpg

Edited by saap

In the events menu I found issue about button A.

I completed daily event. I selected completed event and I see active button A. I use it, but nothing happens.

IMG_20190224_014340.jpg

Posted (edited)

Device: Thrustmaster TMX + T3PA Pro + TH8A

I have problem with accelerate when I use only device above.

After start rce I stopped my car. I pressed gently (slowly) on accelerate pedal, and after 5000 rpm, the rpm is fast increase. at this moment I use ~55% in pressing.

But after added gamepad, incorrect behavior with accelerate pedal is not reproduced

If I use only gamepad, this defect can not be reproduced

Edited by saap

Also I noticed that you use cloned people on the start, but you don't turn them on me.

For example: man from the left raises his hand and waves me and looks at me. At this moment the man from the right is done the same actions but not looking at me.

• Agree 1

Also, please,  add the prompts for each fields in the settings.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, saap said:

Interface issue:

I don't know, but the parent menu name should not be contained the symbol '/' 

I believe / is used as a menu navigation cue.  If there are more sub menus you'd have / Menu1 / Menu2       (assuming this is what it is)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, bn880 said:

I believe / is used as a menu navigation cue.  If there are more sub menus you'd have / Menu1 / Menu2       (assuming this is what it is)

Hm... There is used highlight words. For example: pause menu is bold font and Red color.