Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2019 at 5:13 AM, flashh874 said:

Annoying bug: Sometimes the co-driver stops reading pace notes. The pace note icons still appear on the screen, but they won't be read out loud. About 2-3 notes will be skipped and then the co-driver will continue reading them as usual. It's not just me, others have noticed it too. Sometimes it happens when I crash / hit something with my car, but it seems to be random as well.

This also happens to me very frequently. I feel like this happens when I go fast, even if I didn't crash or hit something with the car. This trouble makes me far from competitive and is very annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Any news about patch? Some players like me pre order game, try to play from start release, but still even can't start career. FFB issues, devices issues, fps issues, settings issues, connection issues.

Edited by Awasaky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys there are chances that the update will arrive before the dlc of 12 March:classic_wacko:

Edited by Thierry97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, hi Mrs. @ChristinaMc

I found a bug rear mirrors related. In 1.0 version (played on 02/22/2019) rear mirrors worked perfectly (yes, for some car as reported by other players, were upsidown, but they were visible), after that i played on 02/25/2019 and 03/04/2019, from cockpit view (as i usually do) and rear mirrors were completely black as if they were deactivated (but in the options panels they are correctly active).

One more little thing: from the cockpit, looking in the codriver direction, i see he hold an invisible notebook. This happen in some external cam during replays too.

I apologize if these things are already said/known.

Many thanks for your attention, best regards!

My PC specs:

OS: Windows 7 64bit

Mobo: Asus P8H6

CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz

RAM: 24,00 GB DDR3-1333

VGA: Geforce GTX 970 (4GB)

Edited by Black75
pc specs added
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

Guys there are chances that the update will arrive before the dlc of 12 March:classic_wacko:

There already has been an update with the launch for all platforms. And there will be more updates, stop worrying about that. No point asking this kind of things every day.

It is not that they can throw patches everyday. The bugs first need to be recreated by the development team to understand why the bug is there, than they need to decide how they solve it for the long term. The changes they make in the code need to be verified and tested. I rather have one good bigger patch, than all kind of small patches which might need hotfixes again. 

Ussally with all games, just before the launch of the DLC a update comes to bring the DLC into the game to the latest standards. So it will make sense that they combine the patch plus the DLC in one update just before march 12th, especially if f.e. Mircrosoft takes a lot of days to make the patch available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HeRtZDoNuT said:

I'm on PS4 pro and yeah, the game is unplayable for me. I get floating car every other race and the only way to fix it is to use restart and hope it will fix it, and since you have very limited number of restarts per championships this isn't really helping. Last championships the game refused to fix my car, I would choose repairs but damage would stay the same so I had to go the whole championship (6 races) with no repairs.

The other glitch I get is when it fells like my car is dragging a house behind it and can barely drive and makes ton of noise.

here is the floating car glitch... Now I get it in almost every race.

46551528134_273457a9d1_b.jpg

40310200453_37c5c5b58d_b.jpg

 

 

I can confirm this bug on PS 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platform: X-Box One S with latest Firmware-Update and Game Update

 

Location: Free Play -> Historic Championship -> FWD H2

 

Bug/Problem: The times from the AI are way too fast for 70 (Medium).

It seems, they get some sort of Turbo-Boost on straights.

 

Same problem with Group B 4WD in My Team Rally Career on Pro-Difficulty.

I'm around 8 to 15 seconds behind the pace per sector.

1-2 minutes per Rally behind the leader and don't get back to Clubman, so what should I do?

Never win a sector again?

Really frustrating.

 

I beat Masters in DR1, I'm always in the last bracket in the dailys/weeklys in DR2.0 and 70 (Medium) is usually not a problem in several other categorys.

I just hope you get through the AI-Times and adjust them, because at the moment, it's not fun driving as best as you can and get 25th place and think "What!?"...

Don't wanna know, how many can beat Pro with Group B 4WD in that game, seems impossible to me.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bn880 said:

But most likely the times in masters etc are not a bug...  I mean, do you think everyone playing DR2.0 can become a master rally driver in 6 days?  Fix it only if its a bug, thanks.

No, I don't think everyone can become a master in 6 day's. Although I think, that if I lead every stage by 10 to 60 seconds in the league before that one should be at least competitive in Pro - but people struggle to get into the top 10...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Platform: X-Box One S with latest Firmware-Update and Game Update

 

Location: Free Play -> Historic Championship -> FWD H2

 

Bug/Problem: The times from the AI are way too fast for 70 (Medium).

It seems, they get some sort of Turbo-Boost on straights.

 

Same problem with Group B 4WD in My Team Rally Career on Pro-Difficulty.

I'm around 8 to 15 seconds behind the pace per sector.

1-2 minutes per Rally behind the leader and don't get back to Clubman, so what should I do?

Never win a sector again?

Really frustrating.

 

I beat Masters in DR1, I'm always in the last bracket in the dailys/weeklys in DR2.0 and 70 (Medium) is usually not a problem in several other categorys.

I just hope you get through the AI-Times and adjust them, because at the moment, it's not fun driving as best as you can and get 25th place and think "What!?"...

Don't wanna know, how many can beat Pro with Group B 4WD in that game, seems impossible to me.

I'd also struggle with the same problem and love to get back to Clubman... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, McRoessler said:

No, I don't think everyone can become a master in 6 day's. Although I think, that if I lead every stage by 10 to 60 seconds in the league before that one should be at least competitive in Pro - but people struggle to get into the top 10...

You may have a point there, maybe the steps up in competition are excessive.  Also I wonder if the overall times aren't based on too much repetitive driving over the same stages by Jon and others.  So compared to reality the times will be too fast.  However, if we factor in that people spend hundreds of hours in the game over time, at that point it may even out for "gaming" reasons.   It's not a simple question, do you scale it to real world levels (as in , top level is at Loeb/Ogier time) or do you scale it on gaming levels (much more diverse talent and many times more practice allowed).

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an issue on my first play of the game yesterday!

Part way through a stage in New Zealand I lost all game audio, thought it was on my end at first with my headphones or something but it turned out to be the game itself.
I could hear slightly in the background the sound of stone chips on the car but that was it. No car audio, co-driver audio etc.
When I got back to the menus there was music but that was it.

Timestamped it on my twitch here, you can hear the moment there is no audio (2hrs 29mins 13s) -
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389676558?t=02h29m13s 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bn880 said:

You may have a point there, maybe the steps up in competition are excessive.  Also I wonder if the overall times aren't based on too much repetitive driving over the same stages by Jon and others.  So compared to reality the times will be too fast.  However, if we factor in that people spend hundreds of hours in the game over time, at that point it may even out for "gaming" reasons.   It's not a simple question, do you scale it to real world levels (as in , top level is at Loeb/Ogier time) or do you scale it on gaming levels (much more diverse talent and many times more practice allowed).

I think you completely don't get the point here.

The times are not well balanced.

If I am 5-7 seconds slower per sector in a weekly challenge against the current leader, than 15 seconds on "Pro" (3rd of 5 difficulties!!) is insane.

Basing the AI times on a professional rally driver is also just...not right.

They should be based on the average gamer.

The highest difficulty should never be on WR-niveau.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I think you completely don't get the point here.

The times are not well balanced.

If I am 5-7 seconds slower per sector in a weekly challenge against the current leader, than 15 seconds on "Pro" (3rd of 5 difficulties!!) is insane.

Basing the AI times on a professional rally driver is also just...not right.

They should be based on the average gamer.

The highest difficulty should never be on WR-niveau.

 

I seem to get the point as you are continuing to state opinions and expanding answers based on my reply?  I did not see you write about the weekly challenge leader until now.  If I am missing a point, perhaps it is because you aren't phrasing it very clearly?

Now I have a better idea of what you are complaining about, but I can say with certainty that there is a chance still everything is mostly as intended, because we are missing someone from the conversation: Codemasters and their SME's.

Edit: I think basing AI times for a game simulating professional rally driving on a professional rally driver is a good idea in principle.  However when you put a pro rally driver on the game for months, maybe those times are too fast for a game reference.

Edited by bn880
answering pro driver point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evanzo7 said:

Found an issue on my first play of the game yesterday!

Part way through a stage in New Zealand I lost all game audio, thought it was on my end at first with my headphones or something but it turned out to be the game itself.
I could hear slightly in the background the sound of stone chips on the car but that was it. No car audio, co-driver audio etc.
When I got back to the menus there was music but that was it.

Timestamped it on my twitch here, you can hear the moment there is no audio (2hrs 29mins 13s) -
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389676558?t=02h29m13s 


 

If you play the game a week after release you really think you are the first to notice this? Please catch up with reading first...

  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bn880 said:

I seem to get the point as you are continuing to state opinions and expanding answers based on my reply?  I did not see you write about the weekly challenge leader until now.  If I am missing a point, perhaps it is because you aren't phrasing it very clearly?

Now I have a better idea of what you are complaining about, but I can say with certainty that there is a chance still everything is mostly as intended, because we are missing someone from the conversation: Codemasters and their SME's.

Edit: I think basing AI times for a game simulating professional rally driving on a professional rally driver is a good idea in principle.  However when you put a pro rally driver on the game for months, maybe those times are too fast for a game reference.

The weekly thing was just to make sure, that everyone (especially Codemasters) understand, that I'm not a casual player, who is upset that I can't compete.

The AI-Times were off in the first DiRT Rally also, but just on some sectors like in Monaco.

My english is not good enough, to "phrase it very clearly", sorry. I try my best.

 

Why would someone from Codemasters join the conversation here?

That would be the first time in history I would see someone from the Dev-Team explaining things on the forum.

The only chance is, they recognize it and adjust the times in a patch, wich is my reaching goal for the issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

Cattura.PNG

I had a very similar problem to you. Are th drivers for your graphics card fully up to date? 

 

I updated mine and haven’t had had a crash or a problem since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rallycameraman said:

I had a very similar problem to you. Are th drivers for your graphics card fully up to date? 

 

I updated mine and haven’t had had a crash or a problem since. 

geforce 419.17, seems to be up to date  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

any hints if the patch will be released until friday???

No patches announced atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect the first patch adressing the biggest issues on 12th march, when the first batch of DLC comes out.

But this is just my experience with other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Black75 said:

Hi guys, hi Mrs. @ChristinaMc

I found a bug rear mirrors related. In 1.0 version (played on 02/22/2019) rear mirrors worked perfectly (yes, for some car as reported by other players, were upsidown, but they were visible), after that i played on 02/25/2019 and 03/04/2019, from cockpit view (as i usually do) and rear mirrors were completely black as if they were deactivated (but in the options panels they are correctly active).

One more little thing: from the cockpit, looking in the codriver direction, i see he hold an invisible notebook. This happen in some external cam during replays too.

I apologize if these things are already said/known.

Many thanks for your attention, best regards!

My PC specs:

OS: Windows 7 64bit

Mobo: Asus P8H6

CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz

RAM: 24,00 GB DDR3-1333

VGA: Geforce GTX 970 (4GB)

Solved!

I just set graphics with a game preset and then rear mirror now works again. And codriver notebook is back too. 🍻🏁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×