DiRT Rally 2.0 - V1.1 - found a bug? Post it here!

11 hours ago, Awasaky said:

FX8320E, 16 gb DDR3 1600, RX470 4gb driver 19.2.3.

By specs game can work smooth at high settings. But any settings won't work outside track, I don't know why. I try disable/enable vsync, chill, enable enhanced vsync in driver, but can't reach stable 60 fps.

Dirt 4 works stable 60 fps high settings FHD.

All drivers are up to date?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Awasaky said:

FX8320E, 16 gb DDR3 1600, RX470 4gb driver 19.2.3.

By specs game can work smooth at high settings. But any settings won't work outside track, I don't know why. I try disable/enable vsync, chill, enable enhanced vsync in driver, but can't reach stable 60 fps.

Dirt 4 works stable 60 fps high settings FHD.

Disable TAA, set the Ground cover graphics setting to Medium, Crowd to Low and disable Motion blur. Here you can see how settings affect the performance on 1 PC and it can be a good estimate in many cases.

Edited by Lollerke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

All drivers are up to date?

Yes

53 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

Disable TAA, set the Ground cover graphics setting to Medium, Crowd to Low and disable Motion blur. Here you can see how settings affect the performance on 1 PC and it can be a good estimate in many cases.

As you can see here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=405207 - I disable anything, and set resolution to 1024x768. But this is not change fps outside road.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Awasaky said:

Yes

As you can see here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=405207 - I disable anything, and set resolution to 1024x768. But this is not change fps outside road.

That's not good, it is definitely a game bug. Codemasters surely will see it here and fix it.

Edited by Lollerke

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. Just to let you know, we're working on a patch to address some of the most pressing issues that have been raised here. As soon as I have notes on confirmed fixes, I'll share them with you ASAP.

We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board.

Cheers,

Christina

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. Just to let you know, we're working on a patch to address some of the most pressing issues that have been raised here. As soon as I have notes on confirmed fixes, I'll share them with you ASAP.

We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board.

Cheers,

Christina

yeah, good news. An idea when this is expected, next week, next month would be helpful?

However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals.

So the translation of this could be that it's not really broken, it's just the way it was designed. So I guess it won't be changed the same way the physics weren't fixed in Dirt 4 because it was affecting all cars and it was too much work. See you in Dirt Rally 3.0 (aka Dirt 4.2)!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

Hi all,

Cheers,

Christina

As long as it doesn't mess with the physics and car handling... isn't it easier to simply test an increase on suspension and tyre friction values? The cattle grids seem to be pretty strong on the feedback vibration, it's just the rest of the surfaces that are absent. Everything else seems to be alright (SAT and Center Force).

Anyway, whatever results for the best... if it's to get worse, rather let it be. While I've found myself in a position where the FFB vibration isn't a big issue anymore, I'm more concerned about the game stability, crashes to desktop (with reports), buggy graphics on console and absence of headlights luminance on certain conditions.

I mean, all of these bugs have their own priority level and pretty much of them are preventing people from playing, so good luck with the patching and kudos to the whole team. There's a lot to fix, but I believe that in the end everything will be fixed. I just hope people who rated the game negatively on steam due to the bugs mentioned have also the common decency of re-evaluating the game by altering the review to positive once the issues are gone. Because right now, the rating is pretty bad and doesn't reflect the quality of the game and I'm afraid that will affect sales significantly, which will prevent any future DLCs beyond what's planned.

• Agree 7

^ true to this. Once you get used to the FFB in DR2 it feels pretty solid. It is just quite different then  DR1.

So indeed please don't fix what's not broken.

Loving the game and the effort put in it!

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

I still think the cattle grid feedback is canned effect triggered when you go over it, as it is identical in every case.

If it was the physics/suspension giving the feedback we would be able to feel the road and jumps etc.

Seems to me the FFB was never implemented correctly in the first place, if a bug it should have been picked up pre release as there would be no excuse for it.

• Agree 2

The FFB is indeed broken, there's no doubt about that. The thing is, if the fix is gonna make some critical things get worse (like car handling and physics), I'd rather not touch it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

It doesn't sound like it's broken to me, sounds like it's working as intended. If it is its quite astonishing that they thought it was good enough. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Great news!!!

Please also consider on

1.Trying to make realistic and less floaty the tarmac physics.

2.Give the option "Hpattern + clutch or sequential" on game settings like Dirt rally 1 had!!! Its annoying to change every time the gearbox settings when changing an sequential gearbox car to hpattern gearbox car...

Thanks for listening to us!!

Edited by JohnParaskevopo
  • Agree 1

I think there should be some light shed over the FFB subject, by allowing Jon to confirm wether or not the FFB has been made like this as intended. After all, he's the rally consultant and he knows better than us wether or not the wheel vibrations should feel like this. Because some people say it's not broken and others do. I'm up for the most realistic version, and if it's like it is right now, so be it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

As long as it doesn't mess with the physics and car handling... isn't it easier to simply test an increase on suspension and tyre friction values? The cattle grids seem to be pretty strong on the feedback vibration, it's just the rest of the surfaces that are absent. Everything else seems to be alright (SAT and Center Force).

Anyway, whatever results for the best... if it's to get worse, rather let it be. While I've found myself in a position where the FFB vibration isn't a big issue anymore, I'm more concerned about the game stability, crashes to desktop (with reports), buggy graphics on console and absence of headlights luminance on certain conditions.

I mean, all of these bugs have their own priority level and pretty much of them are preventing people from playing, so good luck with the patching and kudos to the whole team. There's a lot to fix, but I believe that in the end everything will be fixed. I just hope people who rated the game negatively on steam due to the bugs mentioned have also the common decency of re-evaluating the game by altering the review to positive once the issues are gone. Because right now, the rating is pretty bad and doesn't reflect the quality of the game and I'm afraid that will affect sales significantly, which will prevent any future DLCs beyond what's planned.

a LOT of crashes to be honest..................... 😞  and a lot during dailies or weekly's

• Agree 1

has anyone mentioned that the camera shaking slider don't work???  in argentina i become seizes from that 😄

and tbh,  i think when sitting  and racing in a rally car humans eyes  don't give such a shaked vision, like a camera on a holder would do................... this shaking thing is a bit ******** in my

• Agree 3

Probably someone talked about this already, BUT...

Twice the car got terminal suspension problems in the championship mode (Aus and USA). Last stage, way ahead of everybody and car crabbing through until it stops. Go through all the restarts, always the same problem. Have to retire... 

Please fix this? I don't have a lot of time to play, so, this is annoying. 

I'm not complaining about the darkness and the always rain thing... but this... c'mon guys

9 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

has anyone mentioned that the camera shaking slider don't work???  in argentina i become seizes from that 😄

and tbh,  i think when sitting  and racing in a rally car humans eyes  don't give such a shaked vision, like a camera on a holder would do................... this shaking thing is a bit ******** in my

Yes, I noticed this last night. I felt a bit dizzy afterwards but my slider was on 100% so I shouldn't complain. I just assumed this was realistic- the motion sickness certainly felt real.

2 hours ago, MarcoMaas said:

^ true to this. Once you get used to the FFB in DR2 it feels pretty solid. It is just quite different then  DR1.

So indeed please don't fix what's not broken.

Loving the game and the effort put in it!

I disagree, please fix what is broken. 

• Agree 4

Achievement "Adaptable" bugged for me, I started to play before patch 1.1

Make mouse invisible on the stage !! Very annoying

• Agree 6

A mouse on the stage! disable 'unexpected moments'

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

So the translation of this could be that it's not really broken, it's just the way it was designed. So I guess it won't be changed the same way the physics weren't fixed in Dirt 4 because it was affecting all cars and it was too much work. See you in Dirt Rally 3.0 (aka Dirt 4.2)!

5 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Christina

How clear can she be ?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Christina

Please, at least enable the steering sensitivity slider, so we can adjust it to 100%.

At 50% is too low for me.

2019-03-06 18:50:22.jpg

Edited by davmanypsp
  • Agree 1